“Most Amazing Vacation Ever!!”

Aquamarina Beach Hotel
Ranked #94 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
Trinidad, Colorado
“Most Amazing Vacation Ever!!”
Reviewed August 20, 2011

The Aquamarina Beach Hotel was a dream come true for us!! The resort was very,very clean and friendly. Every staff member went above and beyond to make our stay the best we have ever had. The resort is nicely located, easy access to the bus stops and more activities then a person could possible do. The oceanside was breathtaking and all the resort activities were perfect............Nightly shows and entertainment in the large, lovey lobby area. The food was excellent...........one of our waiters graced us everynight with "Flaming Mexican Coffee" making it tableside for us!!!! So Good.......as was all the food!!! We take a vacation every year to various locations and this one is one of the top ones on our list and will probably return to again and again. So, book you dream vacation at Aquarmarina Resort and enjoy!!!!! I promise you, you will!!!! This is not even to mention the price is so reasonable!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
8 Thank lorillucas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Polish first
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed July 20, 2011

If your planning to get the nice blue ocean view i suggest you stay at the very begging of the Hotel Zone which is before the club area! I guess since were closer to shore the water looks so dirty and dark! I was so disappointed this was my second time visiting Cancun and will never return to this hotel again! Btw morning staff at the front desk were sooooo rude and food was horrible!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
5 Thank JESS1985E

Travelers are raving about these Cancun hotels

Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 19, 2011

We travelled to Cancun for a wedding and I stayed at the Aquamarina as the wedding party stayed at another resort (I wasn't part of the wedding party, my granddaughter was). First, the airport lost our luggage but we got it the next morning around 10! YEAH!! We truly enjoyed our stay. The buffets were good, except I really didn't care for the breakfast items. Dinner was awesome in the restaurant near the pool/beach! Loved it! We made reservations most evenings for this restaurant. The snack bar was also good. All-in-all, I have no complaints. One suggestion I would have for the resort, is, to give guests a handout of all evening events and all restaurants and pertinent info for each. We didn't know about the restaurant serving dinner the first night we were there and this particular restaurant went above-and-beyond. Truly!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank HoustonGroup
Centreville, Virginia
Reviewed July 10, 2011

Aquamarina Beach Hotel is a pretty nice hotel,
There food is pretty good, they have 2 restruants, one inside the hotel and one outside.
They try not to repeat their food so everytime you go there, there is some thing new.
They have alot of food with pork in it but there is also other food like fish, shrimp, beef, and chicken too. One thing that disturbed my mother is that the staff sometimes grab the glass by the tip. The restruant staff are very friendly and are really good at doing there job.
Activity directors there are very friendly and nice, you will love them. All the staff at the hotel were nice. The room were cleaned every morning and they did a good job at that. One of the biggest down sides is the one side of the hotel is facing a casino and at night it gets loud but not very loud. It kept my mom from sleeping well but didnt bother the others. My mom asked if we could get a new room and they gave us one. Another down side to this hotel is that the beach has no waves, but it is filled with animals like fish, crab, sting rays, and jelly fish that dont sting. The beach has seaweed every where but they do clean it twice a day. And the location is far from everything. Overall this hotel is pretty nice and family friendly and you get more that what you paid for in this hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
10 Thank michaelkz
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 27, 2011

hotel was nice, food in the la carta restuarunt was lovely, buffet was your standard although i went with children and they didn't really cater for them in the evening, in the day time they had the snack bar, which was really food.... a little out of the way from la isla but then again only a bus ride. entertainment was great in the day time. But only had 1 hr in the evening and a little repetative. didn't really do much for kids in the evening but this was the only thing that let the hotel down.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Jenny401971
Ionia, Michigan
Reviewed June 27, 2011

Driving from the airport, there is a nervous feeling of "what if it is nothing like the online photos?" I was pleasantly surprised: the location was great (right in the hotel district and on the bus line), the property was very clean and neat, there was a money exchange office right outside the door, my excursions (boat tours) were within walking distance and people were overall very friendly. The concierge "Claudia" - two were named the same, but the taller one with the black hair simply made my trip. I had to wait for my room to be made available for about 2 1/2 hours and she was very resourceful, friendly and helpful. The only true negative(s) were if you are not an "all-inclusive" guest...you truly are made to feel like it by the front desk staff and if you ask for any kind of assistance, you better pre-qualify it by asking "what will it cost me" before accepting. Also if you plan ahead, you can take a bus to the ADO for a ride to the airport and save $35-$40.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean view side...
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
8 Thank Travel0vr
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed June 14, 2011

I was very disappointed with my recent stay at the Aquamarina Beach Resort. From the moment we entered our rooms, or should I say closets! The rooms were so small you could barely get your suitcase between the wall & the bed. The bathrooms were also very small and the ceiling tiles were falling down. There was only a misting shower head, no water pressure and it took forever for the water to actually warm up. We went straight back to the front desk and told them that the rooms were not acceptable and did not represent what was shown on their website. We told them we wanted a different room. They had a bellman show us two different rooms. We decided to upgrade to the penthouse (not that is was truly a penthouse). At the time of our inspection the room had not been cleaned and we were told that we would have to wait until the next day because the cleaning staff was gone for the day. The mattresses in both rooms where super firm and the pillows were also. If you aren't fluent in Spanish then you will not be able to communicate with the majority of the staff. The food at all the restaurants left a lot to be desired. The water at the beach area was full of weeds and debris and unfit for swimming. The pools and the outside bars were all closed at night. If I am vacationing in a beach resort/hotel I don't wont to be cooped up inside. As for the 2 "hidden" hot tubs, they are hidden out in the open on the roof of the restaurant and can pretty much me seen by 80% of the hotel rooms. As for the putt putt course all the putters were bent and most of the concrete obstacles had chipped/broken areas and the ball would get stuck/hung on them. The lower bedroom air conditioner was making a loud clicking noise when I first turned it on and so they sent maintenance to fix it. They fixed it to where it didn't click AS LOAD but it dripped water on the floor our entire stay. The air conditioner in the upstairs bedroom started the same thing on our last night's stay. Even in the penthouse suite they only had tv's in the two bedroom areas and only one channel that was broadcast in English. It is NOT located within walking distance to any of the good attractions. A taxi ride to Carlos & Charlie's/CoCo Bongo area was anywhere between $20-$26 USD depending on the driver. My recommendation is to pay a little extra and stay at a better resort. On my last trip to Cancun I stayed at the Dreams Resort, which I was highly satisfied. In comparison to Dreams, the Aquamarina Beach Resort is a NIGHTMARE!

Room Tip: Pay a little extra and go to a better resort!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family