“Coco madness”

CoCo Bongo Cancun Nightclub with Optional VIP Pass
Ranked #2 of 51 Nightlife in Cancun
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Weave your way through crowds of half-naked and thoroughly inebriated college kids and dance the night away to pulse-pumping, eardrum-throbbing rhythms: this club is the mecca of Cancun's often rowdy nightlife.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Coco madness”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Everyone we talked to about Cancun recommended Coco Bongo. We pre-booked one visit before we went on holiday and booked the VIP night through our holiday rep at our morning meeting, It just so happened that the VIP night came first - this was amazing, what a great show they put on. Being the VIP night you get spoiled, no queueing, you go straight to the 'all inclusive' bar and the drinks are great. Once inside at the actual club you are shown to your own area, you also get a waiter who looks after you all night - it's good to tip him 20 pesos every 2/3 drinks, it's worth it. They take your photos down in the bar with 'The Mask' lookalike, they try to do the same upstairs in the club and tell you it's not their people who took the photos downstairs - it is and the photo is great and in a nice souvenir frame. The other night that we had pre booked at home was a bit of a let down, we had to queue outside for about 20 mins, no bar until in the actual club upstairs and even then you only get the chance for one drink as they cram as many folk in as possible - we only stayed 50 mins and left, as opposed to staying the whole night on the VIP night

Visited July 2013

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Lille, France
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Nice music, amazing show”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I went there once and I definitely loved it! Excellent music, amazing show, nice people. The only minus was that it was too crowded, so almost impossible to move to the bar or dance. Anyways, when you go to Cancun, it is really worth to spend a night there.

Visited June 2013
Miami Beach, Florida
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“For cheap people !!! A real trap ! ”
Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

If you like to step on kids drunk on the floor and drink to be happy .that is really the place , it is a money trap and a place to get drunk , if you are class people go to palazzo next door !!! A reputation stolen and really low class to avoid .

Glasgow
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Amazing show, poor hospitality”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Coco bongo is a must do when you come to cancun. I have been twice 2 years in a row. The first time August 2012 I booked through my travel agent (Thomas cook) we booked the VIP package where u get shuttle to the club, skip the queue and get taken right up to your seats on the top floor of the club. You have your own wee table and seats and your own toilets and you get waiter service the whole night. Cant even remember leaving the club at the end of the night.
This night was great 10/10

The second experience however, I booked through the hotel entertainment staff the plus side to this is that you go with the rest of the hotel guests instead of on your own if your book through your individual travel agent. You get the "open bar" wristband and taken to your area - which is a death trap! You have to climb stairs of some sort like of platforms and on these platforms this is where you stand. Your table is located on the next platform down and there is a bottle of vodka to share between around 8-10 people. You have 2 jugs of soft drinks to mix your drink with - the soft drinks were finished in around 10 minutes (which isn't a surprise) they were not replaced. And so we had a half litre of vodka which we could only drink straight. The floor was jam packed with guests and it was hard to get down from the platform. So I was very annoyed and everyone we pushed by to get through the crowd wasn't happy either. We went to one bar to get a drink to be told it was cash only. Even if it was open bar there was no way to get back to your seat without spilling the drink. I complained to someone who I think was the manager and explained the situation, to which he didnt really do much, to be honest I don't think he understood me. He took me outside the building and back down to the booking booth and gave me a pass for the next night free of charge. This was a nice gesture of goodwill however I was leaving the following day so didnt do me much good.
I was so upset because we thought we would go out with a bang at coco bongo on your last night but it as more of a fizzle.

Visited August 2013
London, United Kingdom
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Undecided...”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

After reading mixed reviews, I wasn't really sure what to expect.

Having now returned from my holiday i'm still not sure what I thought about it. It is definitely unforgettable, but it goes both ways. We got there about 10pm and queued for about 20 minutes, but once the queue started moving, it went quickly. We only had the standard admission tickets with drinks included, but they did give you free drinks as you queue inside. once we got through to the main room, we got pushed to the front by the staff, and as we were two girls, they told us to stand on the bar at the front. after we got down, it was like sardines, and you couldnt move. it is not worth having drinks included because it is impossible to get to the bar to order in the first place.

the show itself is good, however it is just dancers who lip sync to the music/ film on the big screen. it might be more impressive if they actually had singers and actors instead of people lip syncing the whole show.

It was still fun to watch, but i'm just not sure it is worth the money. VIP tickets would be better as they had tables and a waiter service with free champagne, whereas we were just crammed at the front. also, if you get too close to the front, you can't see the show as you are under the stage, so try and stay in the middle or back if possible.

We left at 1.30am, but the bits we saw were clips from Chicago, the fight scene from Batman between Bane, Cat woman and Batman, madonna, lady Gaga, Queen, phantom of the opera, among others!

Visited November 2013