“Amazing show, poor hospitality” 3 of 5 bubbles

and up
Coco Bongo Nightclub in Cancun with Open Bar and VIP Entrance
Ranked #2 of 49 Nightlife in Cancun
More attraction details
Owner description: Weave your way through crowds of half-naked and thoroughly inebriated college kids and dance the night away to pulse-pumping, eardrum-throbbing rhythms: this club is the mecca of Cancun's often rowdy nightlife.
Glasgow
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Amazing show, poor hospitality”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

Coco bongo is a must do when you come to cancun. I have been twice 2 years in a row. The first time August 2012 I booked through my travel agent (Thomas cook) we booked the VIP package where u get shuttle to the club, skip the queue and get taken right up to your seats on the top floor of the club. You have your own wee table and seats and your own toilets and you get waiter service the whole night. Cant even remember leaving the club at the end of the night.
This night was great 10/10

The second experience however, I booked through the hotel entertainment staff the plus side to this is that you go with the rest of the hotel guests instead of on your own if your book through your individual travel agent. You get the "open bar" wristband and taken to your area - which is a death trap! You have to climb stairs of some sort like of platforms and on these platforms this is where you stand. Your table is located on the next platform down and there is a bottle of vodka to share between around 8-10 people. You have 2 jugs of soft drinks to mix your drink with - the soft drinks were finished in around 10 minutes (which isn't a surprise) they were not replaced. And so we had a half litre of vodka which we could only drink straight. The floor was jam packed with guests and it was hard to get down from the platform. So I was very annoyed and everyone we pushed by to get through the crowd wasn't happy either. We went to one bar to get a drink to be told it was cash only. Even if it was open bar there was no way to get back to your seat without spilling the drink. I complained to someone who I think was the manager and explained the situation, to which he didnt really do much, to be honest I don't think he understood me. He took me outside the building and back down to the booking booth and gave me a pass for the next night free of charge. This was a nice gesture of goodwill however I was leaving the following day so didnt do me much good.
I was so upset because we thought we would go out with a bang at coco bongo on your last night but it as more of a fizzle.

Visited August 2013

14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Undecided...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

After reading mixed reviews, I wasn't really sure what to expect.

Having now returned from my holiday i'm still not sure what I thought about it. It is definitely unforgettable, but it goes both ways. We got there about 10pm and queued for about 20 minutes, but once the queue started moving, it went quickly. We only had the standard admission tickets with drinks included, but they did give you free drinks as you queue inside. once we got through to the main room, we got pushed to the front by the staff, and as we were two girls, they told us to stand on the bar at the front. after we got down, it was like sardines, and you couldnt move. it is not worth having drinks included because it is impossible to get to the bar to order in the first place.

the show itself is good, however it is just dancers who lip sync to the music/ film on the big screen. it might be more impressive if they actually had singers and actors instead of people lip syncing the whole show.

It was still fun to watch, but i'm just not sure it is worth the money. VIP tickets would be better as they had tables and a waiter service with free champagne, whereas we were just crammed at the front. also, if you get too close to the front, you can't see the show as you are under the stage, so try and stay in the middle or back if possible.

We left at 1.30am, but the bits we saw were clips from Chicago, the fight scene from Batman between Bane, Cat woman and Batman, madonna, lady Gaga, Queen, phantom of the opera, among others!

Visited November 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Loud! but must do once!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

this is a club mixed with stage show. cirque de soleil type performers appear on occasion along with celebrity impersonators and the music is pumping. limited space, so if you don't like crowds this is not your thing. ultimate dance party for all ages, though most of the crowd is mid to late 20's

Visited November 2013
Brindisi
66 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 94 helpful votes
“Best entertainment in the world”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

Great night, in 2 hours you will dream and see a wonderful show, great actors, dancers, singer. a 360° experience. Best advise is to go outside the Coco Bongo and check what's the best way to go in, they do different price, even based on entrance time (quarter after beginning will cost less)!! but go there! nowhere you can experience same night!

Visited December 2012
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“AMAZING”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

I loved coco bongos, I went with my partner in june 2011. this is very much my thing, big show full of amazing costumes and lights and dancers. its set in a circle with lots of places to stand. we went with our hotel so they provided a bus for us. we get a selected area to stand, we met a couple from our hotel that we stood with. they let girls on the stage to dance so we did. and also got to go on the bar in the middle of the club and dance on there, they also poured tequila into our mouths. was really funny. they had big massive balloons flying around everywhere. we paid at our hotel which included all our drinks but the waiters expect to be tipped a lot. so we tipped and then when we said we wernt giving anymore he wouldn't serve us, so we grabbed another waiter and he got are drinks. it is defo worth going too.

Visited June 2013