“Amazing!!!”

Coco Bongo Nightclub in Cancun with Open Bar
Ranked #1 of 57 Nightlife in Cancun
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Weave your way through crowds of half-naked and thoroughly inebriated college kids and dance the night away to pulse-pumping, eardrum-throbbing rhythms: this club is the mecca of Cancun's often rowdy nightlife.
Reviewed February 22, 2013

This is the place you just cannot miss while being in Cancun. One in a million! Expensive but definitely worth it. Awesome show, theatre-like, great music, amazing dancers, great great fun quaranteed. I have never ever seen something like this in my whole life. As far as I know this club is said to be one of the best in the world. Give it a go!

Write a ReviewReviews (15,688)
All reviews
in 554 reviews
"nightclub"
in 520 reviews

Reviewed February 22, 2013

If you go my reservations and reserve a table..What a show was really something to see and would do it again

Reviewed February 21, 2013

First of all I did not go to coco bongo as part of the hotel tour, we went on our own and that might make a difference (according to the hotel bartender). The following is my experience:
Entrance fee $65 and open bar, not bad. Walked in and was told if I wanted a table I needed to buy a bottle for $200, no thanks. I asked for a couple of beers, knowing that the servers were busy ( not enough servers for the amount of people) 20 minutes later I got my warm beer tipped the guy $10 and he was insulted!!! I was told I was standing, YES STANDING in a VIP area and I needed to move because I could not stand there if I was only going to tip $10. LOL
Thing is there is no where to stand because everyone is packed like sardines no room to move.There is an area on the second floor with bar stools and more room to move, I asked if I could go up there, I was told I could for another $65/pp. Really?? decided to go to the bar myself and get a drink I was told the walk-up bar is not part of the open bar and beer was $6.
The show is not much more than videos from the 80s and 90s very few performers and the good looking girls from the crowd that get pulled up to dance on the bars.
I left after about 2 hours and I was not the only one, maybe 20-30 people following us out.
I did Daddy O's one night and the other night club next to coco bongo both were a lot more fun.They still offer to sell a bottle but is not as crowded and a $10 tip gets you way better service.
It was my experience that coco bongo is very popular, but it's just a tourist trap.

2  Thank real_texican
Reviewed February 21, 2013

All drinks were included and the show was "over the top"! Centrally located, it was a good time night out, overall!