“AWESOME”

Coco Bongo Gold Member VIP Night Out
Ranked #2 of 51 Nightlife in Cancun
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Weave your way through crowds of half-naked and thoroughly inebriated college kids and dance the night away to pulse-pumping, eardrum-throbbing rhythms: this club is the mecca of Cancun's often rowdy nightlife.
Reviewed February 22, 2013

If you go my reservations and reserve a table..What a show was really something to see and would do it again

There are newer reviews for Coco Bongo Cancun

Reviewed February 21, 2013

First of all I did not go to coco bongo as part of the hotel tour, we went on our own and that might make a difference (according to the hotel bartender). The following is my experience:
Entrance fee $65 and open bar, not bad. Walked in and was told if I wanted a table I needed to buy a bottle for $200, no thanks. I asked for a couple of beers, knowing that the servers were busy ( not enough servers for the amount of people) 20 minutes later I got my warm beer tipped the guy $10 and he was insulted!!! I was told I was standing, YES STANDING in a VIP area and I needed to move because I could not stand there if I was only going to tip $10. LOL
Thing is there is no where to stand because everyone is packed like sardines no room to move.There is an area on the second floor with bar stools and more room to move, I asked if I could go up there, I was told I could for another $65/pp. Really?? decided to go to the bar myself and get a drink I was told the walk-up bar is not part of the open bar and beer was $6.
The show is not much more than videos from the 80s and 90s very few performers and the good looking girls from the crowd that get pulled up to dance on the bars.
I left after about 2 hours and I was not the only one, maybe 20-30 people following us out.
I did Daddy O's one night and the other night club next to coco bongo both were a lot more fun.They still offer to sell a bottle but is not as crowded and a $10 tip gets you way better service.
It was my experience that coco bongo is very popular, but it's just a tourist trap.

2  Thank real_texican
Reviewed February 21, 2013

All drinks were included and the show was "over the top"! Centrally located, it was a good time night out, overall!

Reviewed February 20, 2013

This just was not my idea of relaxing or fun- but it is something to see and I would recomment going at least once. Its a fun club with a full show going on all night and great music. However, its very loud and the number of people they pack in- stepping on your feet- is what turned me off.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Awesome night club. At least I have never been to a club like this before where they combined performances and dancing. Definitely a must visit place while you are in cancun. The only downside is the huge crowd and you get tired after a while standing. Also, ticket prices were expensive $60 per ticket