“Coco Bongo Cancun- November 2012”
Review of Coco Bongo Cancun

and up
Coco Bongo Nightclub in Cancun with Open Bar
Ranked #2 of 50 Nightlife in Cancun
More attraction details
Owner description: Weave your way through crowds of half-naked and thoroughly inebriated college kids and dance the night away to pulse-pumping, eardrum-throbbing rhythms: this club is the mecca of Cancun's often rowdy nightlife.
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Coco Bongo Cancun- November 2012”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Very good venue to visit while in downtown Cancun- the show is amazing plan for a late night!

I recommend staying until at least 2:30-3am. The acrobats are like Cirque du Soleil quality in between popular top 40 music from the 50, 60, 70 and newer.

Visited November 2012

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“What a night”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

One of the best nightclubs I've been! The music selection is just incredible and the performances are incredible. Amazing staff and beautiful people. A must-to-go kind of place when you're visiting Cancun.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Family night at Coco Bongo's - Amazing.....”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

went to the kids night on 28th December 2012 - 6pm til 9pm would defo recommend it, kids and us had an amazing night.. Coco Bongo's should defo do more family nights....

1 Thank Debbie D
Portland, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Loved this place!”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

This place is truly amazing and nothing else is like it out there. I have been to Las Vegas so many times and this by far beats every club/show/disco in Vegas. We only went here once because it was towards the end of our stay but I wanted to go again so bad! My husband and I went to Cancun with our two friends and we all enjoyed going to this place. My friend's husband and my husband don't like to dance but loved watching the show, where as my friend and I went down to the floor and danced on the bar. We had such a great time and were really impressed by such good celebrity impersonations. Our resort had a deal for $60.00 each person we visited 4 different bars and it was all inclusive drinks. We went to sweet club, senor frogs, and Coco Bongos (sorry can't remember the third club). If you go to Cancun and you are a night-life person this would be a place you have to visit. We can't wait to go back and come here again!

1 Thank Luv2vacation05
Denver, CO
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Crazy Fun Night, with a MAJOR concern”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We signed up for the Coco Bongo trip based on a conversation with a visitor at our hotel. We booked it through the travel rep, and were not disappointed. If asked to book a table, do it. Well worth the extra charge. The music, show and entertainment was great. The show starts at about 11:00 and will run till 3:30 am. Taxis are always available and are great; estimated costs are typically $7 - $10 USD. No issues. If you take a shuttle through your hotel, anticipate a return trip to the hotel by 4:30 am.

Now the BAD, which had me on edge was the way they pack people into this place. You enter through a small 6x8 windowless and doorless hall way down small flights of stairs, packed with people. This is also the MAIN ENTRY AND EXIT!! Serious issue. I would hate to see what happens should a panic situation present itself. The hall way opens to an open three story warehouse, with only ONE poorly noted emergency exit, and NO windows outside of the primary entry/exit. As a former LEO, this concerned me greatly. This kept me on edge and not really able to enjoy the night. Am I being overly cautious, yes, but with all the confetti and smokers, tight conditions, and revellers not really obeying the rules, this is mass casualty waiting to happen.

I would go, but ask for a table on the lower levels, pay attention and have fun.

2 Thank Zarian