“Great if you go for the 'Gold' dolphin experience”
Review of Wet'n Wild Cancun

and up
Ventura Park All-Day Unlimited Pack Admission Ticket
Ranked #37 of 156 things to do in Cancun
More attraction details
Owner description: Water park featuring slides, food and drinks included. Open everyday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wet'n Wild Cancun, is pure fun!!!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed November 20, 2013

My wife and I went here last summer as we had a Gold dolphin experience (Highly recommended!). It meant that we had all day with the dolphins, and a 2 hour all inclusive break for lunch at the water park.

However, we finished all the rides within an hour or so, and were left just wandering around, so we were extremely glad we went Gold, as the silver lot only had half a day or so with the dolphins, and then had to mill around for the rest of the day waiting for us to finish.

Only worth the trek if you go for the Gold dolphin experience in my opinion.

3  Thank moores1990
There are newer reviews for Wet'n Wild Cancun

Reviewed November 11, 2013

My family of five visited Wet & Wild as part of a combo tour through our hotel. We didn't pay for the tour, it was purchased with resort credits. The best thing about the park was that there weren't more than about 100 people there (first week of November). One of the slides was closed for maintenance, which left (I think) four slides, plus the lazy river, the wave pool, and the bumper boats. We enjoyed all of the slides, especially the Bubba Tub. The lazy river was faster than we're used to and the bumper boats were a lot of fun, albeit something you'd never see in the US, as they were just large inner tubes with small outboard motors in the middle. The wave pool was great--you could really rides the waves. My only complaint was that we had to rent the tubes for the lazy river for $4 each.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Disappointed in the lack of variety of water rides.
It is ok for young children & teens.
The lockers were meant to be pay a deposit, then you get your money back when you have finished with them, but this was not the case. They only gave you two thirds of your money back.
You have to pay for a rubber tube to use on some of the rides, which in my opinion is over priced. I think it should be a deposit you get back.
There is no facilities for disabled people as it is all steps you have to climb.
There is very little to offer in the food section, despite it being an all you can eat.
I disliked the dolphin area, as it upset me how small the pools were & the fact that they are not swimming in natural ocean water. The dolphins were very small for there age.
I would not recommend if you are an animal lover.
If you want to swim with dolphins then I would recommend Dolphin Discovery or Xel Ha,

2  Thank Kim C
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

We had a great day here but it is very expensive but worth it and also make sure you have plenty of dollars to buy the photos.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

We had free tickets to Wet'n Wild through our hotel package. Our hotel offered a free shuttle to the water park. On the day we went there was hardly anyone there (we visited in June 2012). We walked right up to get food and drinks with no problems. It is all you can eat and drink (alcohol and non-alcohol) included in the price. The food is not very good. I would suggest just getting some fries. The hotdogs, hamburgers and nachos were pretty bad. Then again, it is included in your price so you can always throw it away if you don't like it. At first we thought it was strange that nobody was there and they had really loud music blasting as if there were hundreds of guests. We felt we were going to pack it up and head back to the hotel but then we realized how great it was that we could literally just walk up to the waterslides with no line and go right down....over and over and over. Our 7 year old had never gone on a waterslide before and I think it made it more comfortable for her to ease into it based on the fact that there was nobody in line. There are not a ton of waterslides (maybe 4) but just enough to have a really good time especially with having no lines. On our way out we just decided to go in the lazy river and we were so glad we did. It was the STRONGEST lazy river we had ever experienced...not your normal lazy river you would experience in U.S. It pushed us around so fast and strong in our tubes and by us swimming that all of us, including our 7 year old, were laughing so hard on how much fun it was. A couple of the waterslides were showing their age and the stairs leading up to the top of the slides were rusting and looked like they were in need of some serious repair....but hey, your in Mexico. We would go again if we were in Cancun.

Note: We also paid out of pocket for the Dolphin Encounter that is connected to Wet'n Wild. Our youngest daughter was too scared to swim with the dolphins so we did the one where you just pet the dolphin and you get to kiss it, etc. I would not waste your money on this. It was around $400 for the four of us to do it. I think it would be worth it to swim with the dolphins and I would pay to have that experience. Maybe next time.