“I would stay at The Royal Sands again”

The Royal Sands Resort & Spa All Inclusive
Ranked #20 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 4, 2010

Pros: friendly staff, very clean, clean white sand beach, activities, on site tour arrangements, grocery store, good food, someone will wait on you at every turn.

Cons: air conditioner in room makes slightly more noise than average

Was there 8/28 thru 9/4. Visited Tulum (Myan ruins) and it was smokin hot. If I was to return under those conditions I would go straight to the adjacent beach. Spent a day @ Isla Mujeres where we rented a golf cart. Toured the isle and ate at a couple of there sea side restaurants. Good time. You will become very aware of the disparity of income among its residents. I found that under very hot conditions the place to be was at the resort enjoying the beach front, the pool, the room, and the fantastic service provided by the staff. It was the low time (summer and hurricane season) which was evident by availability of tables at restaurants.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
RR_Community_Manager, Royal Resorts Community Manager at The Royal Sands Resort & Spa All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2010

Dear Royal Resorts Valued Guest:

Thank you for your comments! They are very valuable for us and help us serve you better. I appreciate the time you took to leave us your review.

I'm glad to read you had a great time at your home away from home. We constantly receive praise for our hard working staff, and I think its well deserved. Our #1 objective is always to make our guests feel at home away from home; we work very hard to make it happen!

I'll also be channeling your comments about the a/c to the resort's management, so they can address the situation. I'll be contacting you by private message to request more details about your stay.

Please, let me know if theres anything else I can do for you.

Hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed August 30, 2010

We returned yesterday from a week at the Royal Sands Cancun. We were six people, three adults, one teenager age 13, and two children ages 8 and 5. This is our fifth trip to the Yucutan in the past 4 years and our first staying in Cancun. We are extremely seasoned travelers having been to many different resorts all over the us, caribbean, mexico, including those with 5 star ratings.
Our purpose of this trip was a leisurely week at the pool and beach at a reasonable resort that could provide us a two bedroom villa/apartment, and the Royal Sands fit the bill. On arrival, we had an easy check-in and our room, although not cleaned, was available to us to change into swim wear and hit the pool. The resort is immaculate, cleaner than most I've been to, and this is clearly a priority to the staff. The two bedroom villa was spacious, with a full kitchen and two nice sized bedrooms. The beds are a little soft, but that's just a preference issue. The best part of the villa was the large terrace which overlooked the ocean. We used it every time we were in the room, and ended most days having wine and cheese while listening to the sound of the waves. The staff is very friendly and courteous throughout the resort and the beach is well-maintained.
Now the bad. This is a time-share resort, not a hotel. As such, stays are designed to be saturday - saturday WITHOUT EXCEPTION. This is not told to you when you book your trip and is not mentioned on the website clearly when booking. It is mentioned on your confirmation letter you receive after booking at the end in fine print. IF YOUR STAY INCLUDES A SATURDAY YOU WILL BE MOVED TO ANOTHER UNIT. Well, when I received notice friday that I had to pack up 6 people and move to another room, just to unpack and then re-pack to leave sunday I was quite upset. I spoke to the manager, but this is the policy without exception. After arguing to no end, I had no choice but to move. They at least moved me next door which was easier to deal with and ultimately fine, but talk about annoying.
We had a very nice week at the Royal Sands Cancun, but I will not stay there again or at any timeshare resort, because policy cannot be changed and ultimately you are a second-class citizen compared to the unit owners.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 29, 2010

The staff make you feel very welcome, safe and caring about having an enjoyable trip.
The only thing is that if you have an accident on the property, they take no responsibility. Be prepared to pay for doctor on property or visit to hospital. Outside of that, I would visit this property again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear Royal Resorts Valued Guest:

Thank you for your comments; they are very important for us and help us serve you better.

Once again, I'm glad to read your praise towards our hard working staff. This is something we take pride of, to make our guests feel at home away from home.

I'm sorry to read about your accident, I'll be sending you a private message to request more info in order to get this addressed.

Regarding the Doctor at the resort, it is an independent service, and that is why it is not covered by us and you have to pay for the service.

Please let me know if theres anything else I can help you with.

Reviewed August 28, 2010

Me and 4 other closely related family members stayed at the Royal Sands resort for one week and used the "lock out". We had an amazing trip and upon first arrival the lady who checked us in first said "Welcome Home", which is exactly how I felt, HOME!
It was a great place to relax and one of the most beautiful places I have ever been to in my life. Can't wait to go again next year!

Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family

Dear Royal Resorts Valued Guest:

Thank you for your comments! They are very important for us and help us always serve you better.

I'm happy to read that you felt just at home-- that is our #1 priority!

Let me know in advance next time you plan to come so we can give you a warm welcome.

Please let me know if theres anything else I can do for you.

Reviewed August 24, 2010

Just returned from our week at Royal Sands. We liked it so much last year when my husband and I went for our 30th anniversary, we returned again this year with our grown children. We traded for our Marriott week. We love the layout, the comfortable suites (especially the huge balcony overlooking the ocean), and the friendly staff (except for our check-in receptionist who was not very welcoming). The facility is immaculate, and we like the convenience of the grocery store on the premises. Our maid was very sweet, and did an outstanding keeping our suite clean. Our only complaint was the firmness of the king-size mattress, and the air-conditioner which was really loud every time it kicked on in our bedroom. It kept waking us up. We would still return in a heartbeat, and would definitely recommend it to friends. P.S. Victor and Pepe were great as water aerobic and dance instructors, and we loved black jack night in the bar.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family

Dear Royal Resorts Valued Guest:

Thank you for your comments! They are very important for us and help us serve you better.

I'm glad to read you had a great experience with us, your home away from home. I've read other comments about the a/c, rest assured I'll be channeling your comment to the resort's management in order to get it addressed.

I'll also be sending you a private message requesting more details about your stay to address the issue with the receptionist.

Please let me know if theres anything more I can do for you.

Reviewed August 16, 2010

Just return from another wonderful trip with royal resort, Royal Sands. The places was very clear. large two bedroom suite, staff excellent. I exchange my Horborside Atlantis for this trip. if i could exchange my timeshare for royal sands I would do it in a heart beat. royal resort owner a bless. know that what owning a timeshare should be about. great job royal resorts. Iam totally ashame of being an owner at the Atlantis. The only reason this resort does not get a five star is there is no kids room with xbox and simular gaming. it has just ping pon tables and nothing for kids 10 and up or teens. saw teens running around resort at night with nothing to do.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank sagitt
RR_Community_Manager, Royal Resorts Community Manager at The Royal Sands Resort & Spa All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2010

Dear guest:

Thank you very much for your comments. We appreciate all the feedback our guests give us.

I'm glad to read you had a fantastic experience with us, and would like to inform you that theres Xbox gaming available at the Activity Center in the Royal Sands on Tuesdays at 2:00 P.M.

Also, let me do some research to see if theres the possibility for you to be a part of the Royal Resorts Family Members.

Again, thanks for your comment and warm regards from paradise!

Reviewed August 13, 2010

Royal Sands is great for families, units are very nice, clean, well decorated. The beach is one of yhe nicest in the area. It is located near Plaza Kukulcan and a very short bus ride from La Isla. Great for younk kids, teens and their parents and grandparents! Attentive staff.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank viajeramx1

Dear Royal Resorts Family Member:

Thank you very much for your comment! We appreciate and pay attention to everything our family members have to say.

I'm glad you had a great time and that our staff met your expectations. If you'd like to send a thank you or just say hi to a particular member of our staff, feel free to do so, I'll make sure they get your comment.

Also, please let me know in advance the next time you plan to visit us!