When The Royal Sands reopened on Nov. 5th just two weeks after Hurricane Wilma struck, ten of us arrived for a two week stay. Except for the stripped vegetation and the eroded beach, the resort was as though the hurricane had never touched it. All services were available including internet connections in the suites. The suites were so clean. The maid and other staff services were excellent. We enjoyed all the resort parties and evening entertainments. We took sailing lessons & then sailed in the lagoon; biked; painted pottery; swam in the heated pool; took Spanish classes; snorkeled; shot pool; played darts; watched football on their big screens; got haircuts, manicures, & massages at their spa; used the local buses & taxis; shopped at the resort stores, Kukulcan Plaza, Luxury Avenue, Walmart, and in Playa del Carmen. One person became certified in scuba diving and made numerous dives, including a night dive. We stuffed ourselves in the resorts' restaurants and also used their take-out, grocery store, and laundry services. We took their shuttle vans to the other Royals' beaches to swim & play in the turquoise water. There were many other activities we didn't have time to do this trip. We're looking forward to another visit and to the recovery of the rest of Cancun and surrounding area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Sands Resort & Spa All Inclusive, one of the best All-Inclusive resorts in the area, sits at the center of Cancun's spectacular Caribbean shoreline with breathtaking views of white sand and turquoise waters. With a privileged location, five-star luxury, a world-class Spa, tempting dining choices and activities for all ages, The Royal Sands has everything you need for your next Caribbean vacation. Enjoy fine dining, activities and amenities offered by the REFINE All-Inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Booking.com, TravelUp, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Royal Sands Resort & Spa All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Sands Hotel Cancun
- Royal Sands Cancun
- Cancun Royal Sands Resort
- Royal Sands Resort Cancun