We found this hotel to be extremely clean. Like other reviewers, I constantly saw staff members cleaning all areas of the hotel. We didn't see a single bug.
We loved the amount of space in our 2-bedroom villa. It was wonderful to be able to have the young kids nap in one room while others were awake in the other areas of the villa.
The sushi made two of our family members sick. I guess that's our own fault for eating sushi in Mexico! Besides that, we didn't have any issues with the food.
The staff, particularly the waitstaff in La Veranda restaraunt, were fabulous. Fehr and the other waiters took good care of us and were happy to accommodate requests such as lids or straws for children's cups. The waitstaff are busy, but I didn't feel that service was any slower than in typical American restaurants. Some may not realize that people are expected to ask for their check (in many countries, it would be considered rude if the waitstaff brought the check before the customer requested it, and this seemed to be the case in Mexico). Perhaps this contributes to some peoples' perception of slow service.
The check-in process, reached after a long travel day, took about 20-25 minutes for some reason. There was no line, but there was a LOT of assorted typing by the desk staff in between the check-in steps. This was the only time we really felt a lack of service.
The large children's pool was absolutely fabulous for us (with kids ages 2 & 5). The beach area was also wonderful. My kids particularly enjoyed searching for seashells.
Unlike some other reviewers, we never had an issue with "the towel game" or finding a place to sit near the pool or on the beach. Walking to breakfast each morning, I never saw more than one or two towels by the pool. Maybe this situation varies by week or something.
We had a lovely vacation week. I would recommend this property overall and would not hesitate to stay here again, but I would avoid the sushi next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Sands Resort & Spa All Inclusive, one of the best All-Inclusive resorts in the area, sits at the center of Cancun's spectacular Caribbean shoreline with breathtaking views of white sand and turquoise waters. With a privileged location, five-star luxury, a world-class Spa, tempting dining choices and activities for all ages, The Royal Sands has everything you need for your next Caribbean vacation. Enjoy fine dining, activities and amenities offered by the REFINE All-Inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo, Otel, Despegar.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Royal Sands Resort & Spa All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Sands Hotel Cancun
- Royal Sands Cancun
- Cancun Royal Sands Resort
- Royal Sands Resort Cancun