My hasband and I asked our concierge what all the info. on this RCI?? We were told we could no longer do our usual things with Interval - so, we decided we should hear what they had to say. WHAT A MISTAKE!!!! We heard nothing much about the issues and all about us buying a new timeshare at the Royal Cancun or Royal Haciendas We are not interested since they went all inclusive in anymore timeshares with the Royals. We had to sign a paper that we would not be allowed to buy this exclusive offer again!!!!!!! Do you believe that???? How insulting.
We noticed the food was not as good - our drinks were watered down - there was a different caliber of people staying there than we have ever seen before in our 20+ years of going to the Royal Resorts!!!! Maintenance fees have really gone sky high - we are not happy members anymore. I had sooooo many wonderful memories of our yearly trips to Cancun. Not this year. I was down an extra week and tried the Royal Haciendas - not for me. It is dead there - Playa is not a hop skip and a jump - the shuttle runs very limited hours - taxi's are expensive. Too many cons and not enought pros. New management at the Royals has ruined all the plus points we bought there for. I don't want all inclusive. I don't want to feel like I HAVE to eat there because I spent .the money on the all inclusive. I don't mind paying for my drinks -as long as I get what I paid for - and certain times I eat at the resort and at other times I have certain restaurants that we have always gone to for over 20 years. We want to continue to go to those restaurants. This will run all the good restaurants out of business and the Royals know it!!!!! Also, we don't care about putting up with drunks at the pool - or anywhere - because they get free drinks!!! But, the most insulting was the girl who presented us with the program and couldn't sell us - she got a gentleman to try to hard sell us (to no avail) and then HE MADE US SIGN SOME DOCUMENT SAYING WE COULD NEVER HAVE A CHANCE TO DO THIS AGAIN!!!! That did it for me - it ruined my whole trip. I heard others say they got the HARD SELL also. Too bad.
Oh well, it's over - the Royals as we knew them will never be again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Sands Resort & Spa All Inclusive, one of the best All-Inclusive resorts in the area, sits at the center of Cancun's spectacular Caribbean shoreline with breathtaking views of white sand and turquoise waters. With a privileged location, five-star luxury, a world-class Spa, tempting dining choices and activities for all ages, The Royal Sands has everything you need for your next Caribbean vacation. Enjoy fine dining, activities and amenities offered by the REFINE All-Inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, TravelUp, Vacatia, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your The Royal Sands Resort & Spa All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Sands Hotel Cancun
- Royal Sands Cancun
- Cancun Royal Sands Resort
- Royal Sands Resort Cancun