“Royal Sands”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Manteca, California
“Royal Sands”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is a very good resort. The people and staff are very friendly. Resort is quite and peacful. We always get our skin face analysis which is free and has helped us greatly. The beach is great and very relaxing.

Room Tip: I like a room with the sun in the morning and shade afternoon.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Keith W
Cristóbal G, Online Community Administrator at The Royal Sands Resort & Spa All Inclusive, responded to this review, September 6, 2013

Thank you for taking time to post about our resort.

We are glad to learn you enjoyed your most recent stay at The Royal Sands and we're already looking forward to welcome you again during your next visit to Mexican Caribbean.

Warm Regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,140)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Paintsville, Kentucky
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The perfect paradise! I have visited the Royal Sands on at least 7 occasions and have never been disappointed. The months I have been there are February, April, May, July, September and October. Never been disappointed and would highly recommend it. All the Royal Resort properties in Cancun are similar and are of the same quality and value, I just like the location of the Royal Sands the best.

Room Tip: All villas above the third floor have great views of pool and ocean. My favorite are any of the bea...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank 1989MsB

Latham, New York
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Another fabulous vacation at the Royal Sands! I am an owner. We decided last year to trade to a resort in Cabo. The resort was so awful I came home miserable and couldn't wait to get "home" this year to the Royal Sands.
The staff is friendly, courteous, attentive. We had not been in 2 years and some of the staff still remembered our names!
Our room is clean, since our last visit they had changed out the mattresses, a new microwave, updated the drip pans on the stove. The main bedroom bathroom toilet was running and before we could even call the plumber was there to fix it. We had condensation leaking from the air conditioning because of the humidity we had during the week and they arrived within 10 minutes of our call, it was 930pm and then also changed a flickering light bulb. I have been going to the Royal Resorts since 2004 and have never come home dissatisfied.
The food is great, and has offerings for all price ranges. We have never had a problem getting reservations. No one asks if we are members when we call. I am surprised to hear the drinks are watered down, I would like a little less alcohol in mine. I watched the bar tenders serve the all inclusive guests, I saw nothing different from my service.
The pools are sparkling, you could eat off the pool decks, the chairs sparkle, they are changed at the end of every week. The beach is spotless. If you rise early enough you can see the staff picking up even the smallest of pieces of seaweed. At one point a waverunner came close to the beach and the security guard and life guard where down to the water in a flash to wave them out.
The SPA area is clean, attendants are always available and happy to assist with questions, towels, water, tea, etc. The massages are the best I have ever had! They have updated this area several times since we have been staying.
Several years ago we told them we were not interested in purchasing another week and have not been approached since. I am not thrilled with the idea of all inclusive guests as an owner, however, I do know that any behavior that is not family friendly is quickly addressed when brought to the managements attention.
My family and friends look forward to spending many more fabulous weeks at the Royal Sands with their staff!

Room Tip: There's not a bad room in the place!
2 Thank Cheryl B
Dear Guest,

Than you for taking time to post about our resort.

We're sorry to hear you had a bad experience last year in another resort. However, we are always expecting you with arms wide open at royal Sands. As you know by now: we always strive to provide our customers with the highest satisfaction levels available and we find rewarding to learn we achieved this goal with you.

We are already looking forward to welcome you next year and welcome you here, at your home away from home.
Boyertown, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed September 2, 2013

This was one of the best trips to the Carribean. The staff was attentive, food excellent, and resort was quiet and peaceful. Views incredible. On this trip I wanted to relax and that's exactly what we did. I will definitely come back to this resort. Can't say enough positive things about it. I did not try the spa but they do have the fish pedicures there!

Room Tip: All rooms have an ocean view
1 Thank Ciara T
Cristóbal G, Online Community Administrator at The Royal Sands Resort & Spa All Inclusive, responded to this review, September 9, 2013

Fenton, Michigan
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My second stay at The Sands (week 34) never a disappointment! I've been to The Sands once before with family and friends. Well I planned a trip for myself (Yes a women is safe in Cancun alone) from my flight to check-in everything was beyond fantastic! I was a bit apprehensive setting up my personal vacation but all was well. On arrival I was greeted with "Welcome Home" Check-in was fast and easy and my room was ready at 11 A.M. (didn't have to wait until 4 P.M.) Everyone from house keeping, beach security to the life guards where amazing! I can say that I will never stay anywhere else in Cancun! An absolute joy, Thank You again to The Royal Sands and the entire Royal Resorts Family!!!!

Room Tip: Phase 1 is more lively, Phase 2 is more laid back and relaxing.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank IslandBaby76

Paoli, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I recently stayed at the Royal Sands with my family in Cancun. This was my first visit to Cancun and the Royal Sands. We typically stay at the Royal Haciendes. The Royal Sands was outstanding. The staff went above and beyond and made our stay comfortable and memorable. We released baby sea turtles on the beach, boogie boarded and snorkeled by day and saw sea turtles come up on the beach at night to lay their eggs. We took an ecotour from the hotel and swam with the whale sharks (an OUTSTANDING TRIP!) and also got to swim with a Manta Ray! I have never visited Mexico in August previously, however, I may visit in August every year from now on! An outstanding trip. I can not wait to visit the Royal Sands again!

Room Tip: Ocean front rooms are second to none! If you are staying in August, ocean front is the way to go to...
3 Thank Colleen K
Cristóbal G, Online Community Administrator at The Royal Sands Resort & Spa All Inclusive, responded to this review, September 2, 2013

Thank you for taking time to post about our resort.

We are glad to learn you enjoyed that much your stay at The Royal Sands. We always strive to provide our customers with the highest satisfaction levels and is rewarding to learn we achieved that goal with you.

We are already looking forward to welcome you during your next visit to Mexican Caribbean.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I have been an owner/"member" at the Royal Sands since it opened ... the facilities are magnificent, the beach is absolutely the best, the pools, spa, and other amenities cannot be beaten..

HOWEVER, since they've added the "all inclusive" vacation package for non-owners, the service has gone WAY down, the food quality has followed, ... and, of course, the quality of the experience has suffered.

WORSE YET is the obnoxiously incessant need to try to SELL something to someone who has (1) already bought; and (2) JUST WANTS TO RELAX !!! If the Royal Resorts want to build newer and nicer resorts all up and down the coast of the Yucatan - bless them, but don't keep trying to sell them to me. I am not a buyer - I am an OWNER. I don't want to be pressured with one program or another - most importantly, I don't appreciate my vacation time being taken up with misrepresentations of what "new programs are available to members"...

This was once a beautiful resort with good food, great facilities and fabulous service. Since they have initiated the "all inclusive" program the food and drinks have suffered, the service has suffered and, by extension, the entire experience has suffered. I will still return, but only because I am already an owner.

Specifics available upon request.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple