We traded in our time-share for a week at The Royal Sands. Our first complaint was that we traded in a 2 bedroom, 2 bath unit w/ living area and kitchen and ended up with the "B" unit which is a nicely appointed hotel room but does not have a living/sitting area. We were in Phase I and on a positive note our view from the room was stunning - overlooking the pool area and straight out to the incredibly blue ocean. As a time-share swap we were required to participate in the "all-inclusive" package which had it's positives and negatives. Positives: all food/beverages included except for premium items on the menu; nice buffet breakfast with something for everyone in La Veranda; not too much decision making on where to eat dinner (why pay real money when you can eat at one of the 4 that are part of the package). Negatives: felt a bit like 2nd class citizens when some of our beverages came out in styrofoam cups and others were getting bottles (coco-colas, beers); took us a day or two to figure out that our dinner reservations could only be made day of and were limited to 5 pm, 6 pm and around 8 pm - either way too early or a bit later than preferred. With the exception of the All-Inclusive we thought the resort was amazing - gorgeous setting, nice beach, incredibly friendly and helpful staff who will do absolutely anything for you. We took advantage of some of the day trips and loved them. Also loved Fernanda and Jankiel - our concierge folks - they took great care of us. We would definitely return to a Royal Resort and to Cancun. As a side note: great to watch the Superbowl in the Side LIne bar and our hometeam won. What could be better!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Sands Resort & Spa All Inclusive, one of the best All-Inclusive resorts in the area, sits at the center of Cancun's spectacular Caribbean shoreline with breathtaking views of white sand and turquoise waters. With a privileged location, five-star luxury, a world-class Spa, tempting dining choices and activities for all ages, The Royal Sands has everything you need for your next Caribbean vacation. Enjoy fine dining, activities and amenities offered by the REFINE All-Inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Odigeo, Vacatia, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Royal Sands Resort & Spa All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Sands Hotel Cancun
- Royal Sands Cancun
- Cancun Royal Sands Resort
- Royal Sands Resort Cancun