My boyfriend and I are in our 20s and booked a week and the royal sands in January. The beach here was beautiful with lots of waves. The perfect place to relax. The food was delicious and there was a lot of choices for restaurants to eat at. The Mexican restaurant was very authentic and had delicious food. I think one of the best features here was the staff. They were incredibly friendly and helpful and always ensured that you were having a good time. The resort makes everything easy on you by providing a shuttle service to and from the airport for a small fee and even their own travel agency in the resort to book excursions. The resort had a very nice market to purchase groceries and a gift shop with everything you would need. The swim up bar was a nice feature and you can even get food delivered right to your beach spot. The rooms were beautiful as well and have a mini fridge stocked with drinks each day. Each room had a balcony with a view of the beach or pool. The maid service here was excellent.
A few negative things. One downfall about this resort was that it is mainly a timeshare resort. What I mean by this is that there is lots of older couples and families here for weeks on end enjoying their time share. There is barely any young people to hang out with and meet, and absolutely no night life in the resort. At about 9pm each night at the resort the place is silent and everyone is in their room. If you want to do anything past this hour it is best to go downtown to the party center. Since the resort is mainly a timeshare resort, I feel that at times the staff here only caters to the members, and not the people who are here on the all inclusive fee. For example when going to the restaurant La Verdana, there were multiple times were my boyfriend and I would ask if we could eat off the al la carte menu, and the staff would only say it was buffet style. However when we would sit down all the members around us had these big beautiful meals they ordered off the menu. The wait staff at La Verdana too seemed to only care about the members too because that's were they would get their tips from. The would blatantly ignore you and only take care of the members. I'm not saying this was the whole staff, but a good majority of it. Overall the hotel is a great place to visit and I would highly recommend it to people, just not young couples such as us trying to have fun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Sands Resort & Spa All Inclusive, one of the best All-Inclusive resorts in the area, sits at the center of Cancun's spectacular Caribbean shoreline with breathtaking views of white sand and turquoise waters. With a privileged location, five-star luxury, a world-class Spa, tempting dining choices and activities for all ages, The Royal Sands has everything you need for your next Caribbean vacation. Enjoy fine dining, activities and amenities offered by the REFINE All-Inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Vacatia, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Priceline and HRS so you can book your The Royal Sands Resort & Spa All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Sands Hotel Cancun
- Royal Sands Cancun
- Cancun Royal Sands Resort
- Royal Sands Resort Cancun