We typically vacation in the Summer months, but chose to try the "High Season" in Cancun this year. We were fortunate enough to rent the Royal Sands online from an existing owner for a fair price. We stayed with another couple, who are very good friends and we all had a great time. We had pretty high expectations going in, with all the rave reviews about The Royal Sands on tripadvisor. #1 place to stay in Cancun, beating out The Ritz Carlton.
Well our expectations were exceeded. We really have nothing negative to say about The Royal Sands. Let's start with the praises. The pool is top of the line. Heated, massive, infinity pool with two swim up bars and a lap pool semi connected. The coolest feature is on both long sides you can put your plastic lounger down on raised platforms within the pool, so that you are partially in the pool yet lounging on a much more comfortable apparatus then sitting on concrete. Fantastic feature that more new resorts ought to adopt. The Spa has to be one of the best on the Yucatan Peninsula. Top of the line offering every professional service, whether a simple massage to aroma therapy all the amenities and much more. The sports/activities desk is top notch. Free use of golf clubs, tennis, snorkling equipment and much much more. I especially liked the golf outing they scheduled on Thursday at a much discounted off the regular rates at Pok-ta-Pok golf course.
The main restaurant, La Veranda was very nice, offering a full buffet and ala carte breakfast each morning. We were there Valentine's week and they had a nice candlelight dinner by the pool, featuring excellent grilled seafoods and various cuts of meat on Thursday evening. The Hacienda Sisal is on the property and features a traditional Mexican show Mon. & Wed. and a Caribbean show Tues. & Thur.. We attended the Mexican show on Wednesday night and were quite impressed with how professional and well presented the show was. The show featured traditional costumes, culture and dances of all the regions of Mexico, opening up with top-notch Mariachi performers. They offered a traditional fine Mexican food buffet and all you can drink adult beverages in the main showcase area, with ala carte in the outer rooms. The Sports bar was sizeable, with large screen projection, and a sufficient amount of other TVs along with pool tables and Dart Board area.
The resort has an onsite very well stocked convenience store and a nice boutique shop. The service was outstanding. Everyone who worked at The Royal Sands was very friendly and there to serve your every need. I had a minor problem with locking the electronic safe and each time I called the desk a service person was there in minutes and quickly reset the safe. I believe now it was user error, not a faulty safe. :o)
The villas were top of the line, very spacious with marble floors throughout, with a King Size bed in the master bedroom and private bath. The lock-off side has two queen size beds and private balcony. A full kitchen in the common area between bedroom suites, along with a nice size sitting area, dining area and two additional murphy beds. We were in a penthouse suite on the ninth floor overlooking the pool and the views of the Caribbean were fantastic!
We stayed at the Royal Islander down the road in 2006 and even though we thoroughly enjoyed our stay there, The Royal Sands topped it in just about every facet. We have to hand it to the management of the Royal Resorts, as we are so satisfied that we plan to return and stay at the newest resort, The Royal Hacienda near Playa Del Carmen in the early Fall.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Sands Resort & Spa All Inclusive, one of the best All-Inclusive resorts in the area, sits at the center of Cancun's spectacular Caribbean shoreline with breathtaking views of white sand and turquoise waters. With a privileged location, five-star luxury, a world-class Spa, tempting dining choices and activities for all ages, The Royal Sands has everything you need for your next Caribbean vacation. Enjoy fine dining, activities and amenities offered by the REFINE All-Inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, Expedia, TravelClick, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your The Royal Sands Resort & Spa All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Sands Hotel Cancun
- Royal Sands Cancun
- Cancun Royal Sands Resort
- Royal Sands Resort Cancun