12,025 results
All reviews smash bar rock star zen restaurant legendary members rock spa rock royalty market buffet foam party resort credit vacation planners brazilian steakhouse entertainment staff ocean view kids club presidential suite pool bar michael jackson show
Reviewed December 16, 2017

We stayed at this lovely establishment for 2 weeks in December. Upon booking I was reading a lot of reviews of basically all top 20 hotels in Cancun, finally landing on The Hard Rock as it to me seemed to be a perfect alternative, catering to both families and singles out for a good time. After returning to Sweden, the conclusion it that our choice was spot on.

What some of the reviews lacked was good information on what the hotel actually offers, not only regarding restaurants, service and room facilities but also resort credits, shopping, and amenities. We had concerns before arriving that food for our baby would be hard to find etc so I will also mention a few things regarding this. So, let's begin:

* Staff: What to say, there are so many good things about the people of Mexico and the staff of the Hard Rock that I could write pages. Basically ALL people at the hotel are extremely polite and nice. A lot of the reviews mention sales people wanting to sell memberships, we weren't approached a single time. The service is well above what we have experienced at similar hotels, so a few honorable mentions are in place: Marco at Zen, best waiter we ever met. Became a friend when we were there, Zen is worth the visit especially because of him. Also Beto, Miguel, Yajaira and Alex were truly service minded and people really adding extra value. Another expert at work, and a true service provider is Ismael at the Ipanema Restaurant, lovely man.

Food: Best restaurants were definitely Zen and Ipanema, we thought the Italian restaurant Chiao was a bit off, Market is just a big buffét and really not a great choice. There is also lovely choices at Frida as well as the different pool assortment. What I really appreciated was the option to basically order whatever you wished for, even if the item was not listed on the menu. Staff would arrange basically anything.
Drinks are great, by the pool they serve whatever you want in plastic cups, in the restaurants they get you everything from 12 years whiskey to Bloody Marys and Amaretto. Good choices of expensive brands such as Hendrick's gin.
Room service is included 24/7 so ordering burgers, wings, breakfast etc can be done whenever you need it, quick and efficient.

Room: We stayed on the 7th floor, with sea view. Beautiful surroundings, great view. The room itself is quite spacious, having a jacuzzi in all the rooms is a nice touch. We liked the free minibar, as well as top shelf liquor with 4 bottles in the room. A good tip when checking in is asking for an upgrade, if there is a room available they probably arrange it for you.

Housekeeping: Well, housekeeping was a bit below par, you basically have to tell them a couple of times to get it right, but it always does get right in the end. So really not a big problem.

The beach: A great stretch of white sand and clear blue water. No problem with seaweed as some guests complained about.

The Hard Rock is not in the exact center close to shopping, but communications are great. A couple of times we took the bus leaving outside of the hotel gates. 12 pesos going basically anywhere. Extremely easy, buses leave all the time.

We travelled with our 9 months old baby, so one concern was getting diapers, baby food etc. You can get some stuff at the hotel, but prices are hefty. We went to Kukulcan Plaza, walking distance from the hotel. There is a mall there, a well as a good grocery store with diapers, Gerber food for babies and a lot of Nestlé products such as apple puré etc. Perfect!

Resort credits: there seems to be a lof of discussion regarding resort credits, we found them to be very useful. Upon checking in we recieved 7200 USD worth of them, being able to book excursions, haircuts, massages etc. You pay 20% tax of what you buy which is a great deal for a lot of things. The only thing not worth buying are wines etc as prices are crazy even with credits. Buying angus steaks was a great deal, payed 12 USD for a 500 g steak, lovely.

Overall we are really really happy with this stay, and will definitely consider returning.

Room Tip: Sea view is recommended, the view is amazing.
  • Stayed: December 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank Benjaminsweden
Francisco G, Gerente at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2017

Hello Benjaminsweden,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience during your latest visit at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, we are proud to learn that we have been chosen as your travel destination during your vacations. I'm pretty sure that your review will be very useful for all those travelers that are looking for the best place to stay in Cancun.

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel for your vacations. I hope to have the honor to host you and your family again.

Best Regards,

Reviewed December 15, 2017

Me and my husband have just returned from a 2 week stay here, from arriving, our luggage was all taking to our room, check in was quick and easy. Our room was a deluxe gold looking onto a side view of the beach, was clean and spacious even with a hot tub in, with mini bar and optics, tea and coffee provided. This was our first time at an hard rock hotel and some reviews say its loud were ever you go but we found many quiet places to sit, there is a quiet side of the pool and a lively side, whatever suits you. We tried all the restaurants but our favourite was the Brazilian, food was delicious. The marketplace has good variety but we found the food to be not very hot. Frida was the Mexican, was ok. Ciao was the Italian, food was also nice but not very hot, we both loved Zen, the Asian, but our first experience was spoiled by the service, it wasn't busy, only a few tables, our waiter did not ask if I wanted a drink, ordered our starters, my came first, then when my husbands came it was cold so he asked for it to heated and they brought it back when I had finished mine and while he ate it our mains were sat waiting so were cold when they came, when I finished the waiter took mine but my husband hadn't finished so he brought the desert menu. It was all too much and my husband said here take mine, I've had enough, we left and told them the service had been bad, asked us to give him another chance and we did, twice, it was much better. This is our only negative of the service, in all the restaurants we felt it overbearing, watching over us and soon as you put your cutlery down the plates are gone even if your partner isn't finished, it may seem like an impeccable service but you don't want to be rushed having a meal, you want to relax, enjoy each course and the ambience of the restaurant. Despite this, the hotel staff cannot be faulted in any other way, so friendly, you never have to get up for a drink if you don't want to. From the pool to the beach to the bars, staff are excellent. Smash bar is the place to be on a night, bar staff are amazing, big shout out to Marcos, always remembered us and what we drank. We had a few treatments at the spa, the relaxing massage was the best I've ever had.Theres always something to do, games around the pool, games indoors, entertainment staff are so friendly.The shows at the theatre are really good quality, we loved the Rock band and the Michael Jackson show was great. There's food everywhere, no one should go hungry, snacks around the pool, the beach, indoors there's coffee and cakes, something for everyone. This hotel is for all ages, despite a couple of negatives, we would still come back, it's clean, although could do with the decor updated in corridors and be aware that the walls are thin between rooms, you can be woken up early in the morning.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
Francisco G, Gerente at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2017

Hello carol h,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, indeed your perception will help many future travelers to take an informed decision, thus enjoying better vacation and experiences fulfilled. I apologize for the situation during your first dinner at Zen, I'm very glad that you could gave us a new opportunity and our great team could changed your perception. Make sure I will personally pass on your comments to review them and provide to with an excellent service to all our beloved guests.

Hope we have the honor to host you again at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun.

Reviewed December 15, 2017

Just returned from a lovely holiday at Hard rock Cancun .
It has so much to offer , Firstly the entertainment team were by far the best I have ever come across , Pink vale , Mc falcon , JJ , Sexy Erika and Oscar I have to mention as they really stood out made a real effort and got everyone involved , the defiantly love what they do you can tell .
They have a great choice of restaurant's something for everyone.
I also loved the fact you always get a sunbed no need to get up first thing.

I cant wait to return . x

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank VISHALI K

Hello VISHALI K,

Thank you so much for your great review, I appreciate much not only for sharing your experience. We are very glad to learn that our amazing entertainment staff made you have a great time with our daily activities. I'm sure your comments will help other fellow travelers to have a better idea of how Hard Rock Hotel Cancun delivers, so they can take a better and more informed decision regarding their travel destination.

Make sure that all your comments will be passed on to the team. We are looking forward to welcome you again.

Reviewed December 15, 2017

Just a great 5+-star experience -- many thanks to the following folks who helped make our annual stay so much more wonderful -- SANTOS & DAMIAN waiters at Zen, PACO & ROMERO - out mayordomos, CARLOS the manager at Ipanema, SAMMY FROM MIAMI of the Bellboy staff, LUCY & BEBA hostesses at Market breakfast, pool concierge EMMA and all the other behind the scenes staff at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun.

Room Tip: Beach side has morning sun, laguna has sunset views.
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple

Hello Stew S,

Thank you so much for sharing your perfect five star review regarding your experience during your latest visit at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, we are proud to learn that we have been chosen as your travel destination during your vacations. I'm very glad to learnt he name of all the rockers that provide you with an excellent service and made your stay more pleasant.

I hope to have the honor to host you again and roll out the red carpet for you.

Reviewed December 14, 2017

If you want to relax this is the right place!
The hotel provides a 5 star hotel service and with an all inclusive experience. I strongly recommend your stay in hard rock hotel!
Book your trip without any fear and enjoy it!

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos
Francisco G, Gerente at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2017

Hello Maycon T,

Thank you so much for sharing your latest experience at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun. I'm pleased to learn that you could fell the Rock Star service that our hotel takes pride on provide to all our incoming guests.

Thank you so much for recommending us! We are looking forward to welcome you again.

Best Regards,