New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

GreenLeadersGold level
Cancun
“Had a Very Good time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

We had been to the moon palace and wanted to try something different. We had a great time but I think there are better places to go in Cancun. We took our kids and again I think there are better places to go with Kids.

Some suggestions we had for the hotel:
- Better gym equipment and stock of water
- Did not like the attire of the women during the evening shows (not appropriate for the kids)
- I needed personal items and had to wait until the store opened the next day and paid $8. This should be something available to guests (esp. members) or even the opportunity to use resort credit for personal items. Most 4 star hotels offer these types of items at no charge to guests
- More bar tenders at the swim up bars during high traffic times
- Have pool toys available for the kids so we don't have to bring or purchase them
- More realistic times for the presentations (we were told it would be 90 min and we were there for more than 2 hours. That’s hard with kids)
- Share pricing for excursions once individuals get there (dolphins - pictures started at over $100 packages. People should know this so they can plan their excursions accordingly)
- provide transportation to the other hard rock or palace resorts so members can visit without having to pay $40 for a taxi

3 Thank Nadine D
Juan R, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, responded to this review, September 3, 2014
Dear Nadine D,
We would like to thank you for submitting your opinion through this channel. On behalf of Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, we extend our apologies for any inconvenience you have been through. We appreciate that you bring these points to our attention and we will make arrangements to procure these areas of opportunity and definitely improve our service. We are driven by our guests’ satisfaction and we strive to deliver the epic service that sets us apart.
We would like to have you again with us and give you the VIP service we intend to all of our Rock Stars.
Hard Rock Hotel Cancun

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,258)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Durango, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

The Hard Rock Hotel In Cancun fulfilled every expectation of what I hoped for. It was my first time out of the country and the staff made me feel very at home and were helpful in answering questions. In terms of location and facilities, I could not have asked for any more. Overall very impressed. Thank you Hard Rock!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos

Juan R, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Hi Brad B,

Greetings from Sunny Cancun!
Thank you very much for reviewed us, It’s a pleasure for me to hear that you had a great time at our resort. We hope we can welcome you back soon here at the Hard Rock Hotel Cancun.
Rock on!
THROW A RAGER!

Hard Rock Hotel Cancun!
Cancun

Just a short excerpt of what I submitted to Hard Rock:

I had lunch at the middle section canopy (near the outdoor pizza bar) on several occasions. Maldonado often served our group, and was extremely outgoing and welcoming from the get go.

What really topped the cake was that on our last day, he saw me come over with a Tecate Light - something not served at the nearby bar. Upon asking for our drink order, he asked if I'd like a light beer. Me, already impressed that he cared to take note, said "hey thanks, but a regular beer would be fine."

He asked AGAIN. I find this notably phenomenal, because I'm not the kind of person that would make a staff member walk to another bar just to grab that "special" drink. Since he asked twice, I gave in and said "sure.. thanks a ton!"

After about 3 minutes, he came back with not only one Light beer, but also a small ice bucket that had three additional light beers and ice all around them.

There is no word to describe this other than fantastic. His desire to go above and beyond is quite rare, and I've traveled across many dozens of all inclusives in Cancun, Jamaica, and the Dominican. He is certainly an asset to your group.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Colton M
Juan R, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Dear Colton M,

Thank you for your great review!. It is very encouraging to hear that you loved the rock star service from our staff that made your vacation very enjoyable.It is reassuring to hear that the staff did an awesome job.
we appreciate the great comments about Maldonado thanks for mentioning the outstanding service provided by him rocked your world!
The staff is the heart and soul of Hard Rock Hotel Cancun and they work hard to make our dear rockers feel like diamonds!

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

I met a very friendly and hardworking servant called sandos in the hard rock hotel. He works in the international buffet,he is the best servant i have ever met. i have received a lot of warm-hearted service form him.

Hi Si wei W,

Greetings from the beautiful Cancun, I really appreciate your comments specially for letting us know about the great service provided by Santos at the international Buffet, He will be very happy to hear he made an exceptional work during your vacations. We hope you come back very soon to rock with all the band.
ALL IS ONE

Rochester, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

There's not enough room to write everything I would like to share about our amazing experience that my family had at HRH. The hotel was perfect for everyone in our group ranging in ages 6-58. We all had a blast and it was definitely due to the amazing staff that the HRH employees. From the entertainment group of Dani, Alex, Kikass, Luis, Victor, Jose, Osi, Alberto, Michelle & Asael. The butler service of Andy & Charley. The bar service of Joan, Jaime, Tony, Emanuel, Gerry, & Miguel. And to last but not least the entire kids club staff (thank you Cynthia!). You all were beyond amazing and truly helped make our vacations one of my most favorite Mexico vacations yet. I have stayed in Mexico twice before this trip, but this is the first time I was really sad to have to say goodbye. The people were great, the games were fun, the food was delicious, and in general everything was perfect!! Even my 6 & 8 year old were so sad to leave that they cried on the plane ride home. I think the fact that I can list so many names of people that personally helped make our trip great shows how incredible the staff at HRH really is. I will definitely be planning another trip to the HRH Cancun and anyone who hasn't booked a vacation at the HRH Cancun is missing out! So what are you waiting for? Book a trip! :)

Room Tip: The Ocean view room was beautiful for the view, but was just as nice as the other rooms!
Hi Jaimee S,

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay at the Hard Rock Hotel Cancun! We are very glad you spent an unforgettable time with your family. We want our rockers to feel the rock star treatment from the moment you arrive until you leave our resort. We also appreciate your comments about our staff, They will be very happy to hear they rocked your world.
We are all devoted to creating authentic experiences that ROCK and we look forward to welcoming you back to rock with all the band.
SAVE THE PLANET

Santa Barbara, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

This place has gone completely downhill since it switched over to Hard Rock. My family and I have stayed here a few times when it was Cancun Palace with our time share and absolutely loved it!
Not the case now... There's just not enough room here or time for me to write down all of my complaints. So I'll keep it short and simple. This place is Las Vegas Circus Circus meets Carnival Cruise. Quantity over quality. Mass production. Cattle call. Loud. Poor service. Not relaxing. Inconvenient. Long lines. Cheap and disgusting food/drinks.
I'm not sure how this hotel got anything past a 1 star!
Do yourself a favor if you have a Palace resort timeshare go to a Palace Resort where you will get the royal treatment and stay away from Hard Rock where they treat you like a second class citizen.

Stayed August 2014
7 Thank MCPjetsetter
Juan R, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Greetings MCPjetsetter,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We appreciate the feedback and it will help us to improve our service. On behalf of Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, I offer you my most sincere apologies. We assure you that your comments have been passed to our management team and several key people and we are taking the corrective measures to prevent such situations to happen in the future and therefore improve our guests experience. for any further comments you may have a customer care representative will get in contact with via private message you to follow up.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

Booked hard rock for a quick stay before meeting friends at another hotel. We were two adults traveling with two children. They say the rooms accommodate 4 but the room is very small and there is a very large bathtub so close to the bed you could roll out of one into the other. If you pick a room that labeled deluxe be on notice you get no view. We looked at a roof with building material and trash.

1 Thank Travelmom0362
Juan R, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, responded to this review, September 1, 2014
Dear Travelmom0362,

Thank you very much for your opinion, I hope you had enjoy the out door activities, the amusing 1000 turquoise ocean colors, the Rock n´roll music, and the flamboyant shows, I sadly regret the view from your room was far from the beauty that our resort have to offer to our dear Rockers, I would like to kindly apologize for the inconvenience that fact represented for you, at the same time I would love to hear that you would to come back, and give us the chance to make you and your Family feel like true Celebrities.

Sincerely.