$336
$495
$328
Agoda.com
11,237 results
All reviewssmash barrock starzen restaurantrock sparock royaltylegendary membersmarket buffetfoam partyresort creditvacation plannersbrazilian steakhouseentertainment staffocean viewpresidential suitekids clubpool baramazing hotel
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Just back from our vacation in Cancun,our first at the HR,we have stayed at the ME,Secrets and a few 4 and 5 star resorts in the past,this will be my first review and i which it could be better, we arrived at the HR Cancun at 2.30pm Mar-15-2014,upon arrival our room wasn't ready,but we were fine with that,,,went to the bar to have a drink, we immediately noticed the drinks weren't so great , after 1/2 hr or so we returned to front desk to check in,all seemed well, asked if our roon was oceanview as requested, we were assured it was,so off we went with the bellboy, very nice guy don't remember his name,when we arrived at our room it was on the lower floor behind a building with no view,....I was not having it!!! as we had paid for an oceanview on higher level floor,went back to front desk only to be told there wasn't any other room available,I wasn't buying it...so we demanded a better room,only to be told maybe in a couple of days,we said we had no interest in moving around,being very upset at this point!!!! we when to the room they gave us, within 5 mins of being back at the room Sarah from the front desk called to say they now had better room....,I feel it was only after we told them we would be writing a review and would be leaving the hotel that evening to look for better accomadations,new room was very nice!!! so after traveling all day we were very hungry we went down to one of 4 restaurants on site and were told there would be a 45 min wait..so we agreed .when we finally got in 50 mins later we were very disappointed with the food it was "so so ",however would like to say the staff were great and provided excellent sevice with what they have to work with,also there is only 1 inside bar which was alway full, you had to wait and wait and wait..zzzzzzzzzzz for a drink... also it was loud !!loud!!! loud!!! i'm all for some fun,but this was insane,maybe i'm getting old or having spent time at actual 5 star resorts,i'm spoiled for the service you pay for...which is good drinks.... a few bars were people are not on top of each other and you can hear your conversation,However on a somewhat better note the spa was" great" and the credits you can get was good for services on site,we also went to the chefs dinner it is extra..... but was very good.. so sorry to have to say anything negative..... WE LOVE Cacun it's great beaches and wonderful people!!!!.but won't return to HR Cancun ):

Room Tip: Another hotel...
5  Thank DD D
Juan R, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Dear DD D,

Thank you for taking the time to share your travel experience at our resort as it gives us the opportunity to address your concerns. I am sorry to hear you did not like your accommodations and I would like to offer you my most sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you. I would like you to please give us the opportunity to welcome you again and change your perception of our resort.
A specialist will contact you via private message to address your concerns and follow up with you.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

It you're looking for a fun resort, Hard Rock Cancun is the right place. It was converted into a Hard Rock within the last 2 years having formerly been a Palace Resort. Hard Rock has put their spin on it, however, with the edge that they are known for. More than just a resort, it's like a museum filled with memoralbilia. In typical fashion, colors are loud and bright. This is not a "let's just sit, read and relax" kind of place because the vibe lends to a festive, party atmosphere. Since you're never too old to rock and roll, it's not just for a younger crowd, either. Rooms, while not overly large, are comfortable, tastefully furnished, and bathrooms are great with big, room, walk-in showers and jetted tubs. There are lots of dining and bar options. The pool is huge, and my favorite view is from one of the rooms overlooking the pool and the ocean. There are also nice sized balconies, bigger than what many other neighboring resorts offer. There are only 2 types of rooms, the suite and the regular room. I really liked the self-serve bar in each room with top shelf liquor, and all rooms have mini-fridges. Although we didn't bring children, there is a great kids' facility that we saw that offered lots of activities. There was a rap concert at the resort while we were there and it was very adult in nature. It's my understanding that anyone that doesn't want to be at the resort during these types of performances will be provided with free transportation to Hard Rock in the Riviera Maya and guests will have full use of the facilities there. I thought that was a reasonable trade-off. Staff is attentive and energetic.

Room Tip: Ocean view
1  Thank kpickerell
Juan R, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2014

Dear Kpickerell

Thank you for the short and sweet review, we are thrilled to hear that you had a wonderful stay. Thanks again for sharing your travel experience with us and we hope we can welcome you again very soon here at your favorite stage: Hard Rock Hotel Cancun.

LOVE ALL SERVE ALL

Reviewed March 24, 2014

We have been at HRC since March 17, formerly Cancun Palace.
We have been Palace premiere members for several years.
The hotel is clean and maintained well. The food is good.
The service is good, but was better as Palace Resorts. I believe it's due to a high occupancy level and not enough staff. These people work really long hours and hard work.
The spa services are nice. Manuel gives a great massage.
Our room attendant kept our room very tidy as well.
The clientele has changed dramatically with the name change. Much younger guests.
If you're 18-30 years old and no children, you are in the right hotel.
A very loud party place. ( Hence the name) they are having an excellent time.
Pool side games, DJ. Etc.
I feel the beach is not as clean now. A lot if cigarette butts and plastic straws and cups all over.
I hate wading through that to get to the beautiful ocean. I feel they need a designated smoking area by the pool and the beach area, so families have a way of getting away from the smoke. People should put their butts in the sand, not their cigarette butts. This isn't an ash tray. It gets in the water and the marine life eat it. Gross!
Would you like to dine on cigarettes and plastic?
We most likely will not return to HRC, but continue with Palace Resorts. It is more family friendly.
High point, the weather is great here and the people are friendly and helpful.
As far as the towel situation goes. People wake up early a save chairs and the hotel removes their towels if left vacant, so someone who is present can sit down. They want the chairs available to the guests that are presently needing them. Not a big deal. Stay with your chair in the morning and don't leave it for several hours unattended.
I hope this helps everyone interested in HRC.

Room Tip: Ocean front, floors 5 and above.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank vocalgirl1

Dear vocalgirl1,

I thank you for your time and candor in bringing your visit to my attention. I regret to hear that you did not like our rock style, and I am concerned to see that we have fallen short to your expectations; Ours is one of the most beautiful beaches in the Cancun area and we are reinforcing our policies to maintain its beauty.Please accept my most sincere apologies and a cordial invitation to give us the opportunity to welcome you again and change your perception of our resort. I will have a specialist contact you via private message to address your concerns and rest assured that I will be personally monitoring the situation.
Again thank you and we look forward to welcome you again.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Back today from a fantastic stay at Hard Rock. Stellar service. Great food, lots to do. Beautiful resort! But on our 2nd last day, they started policing the saved chairs. After 1/2 hr, if you weren't back in your chair they took your stuff and stored it. People were getting so angry. We left our chairs for 5 minutes and came back and found our beach bag (including our camera and some cash) and shoes and books all gone. We went to the towel bar and they gave them back. They thought we had been gone longer. Well, tempers around the hotel began to flare all day long and finally erupted when one guest got really mad and began swearing at the 'towel police' and they had to call security - it took 1/2 an hour to calm him down.(the policing was done by two poor employees who didn't want to do it, but were ordered to by the GM. Even they thought 1/2 hour was unreasonable. We said, "how can we even go eat lunch in 1/2 hour?") And it all started because someone got mad that they couldn't get a chair. There were tons of chairs, like a few hundred, but of course, if you come down late, you may have to lay on your towel. It's always been that way. No one could believe they were actually walking up and down the rows of chairs with a notepad and stickers to place on potential offenders chairs. It was ridiculous. I felt really sorry for the 2 employees who did not like this task. The GM should have come down and tried it - he/she would have not had much fun. It took away from the whole relaxing experience and made it militant. But folks....hopefully they realize they made a bad decision here, and eliminate this silly procedure before a fight breaks out. Because this is one fabulous place to be. And I can't say enough about the staff - super friendly, always there to go that extra distance to make your trip fantastic. The place is clean, pretty, and the pool is amazing - and huge! Worth the trip! (oh...but they could keep the noise down in the corridors at night - partiers not staff. they should be keeping more of an eye on that)

Room Tip: Our room was new, fresh, beautiful and clean. I'm sure the rest are too. Would be nice to make sure you get a beach front balcony - ours faced the side of a building and looked down on a debris cluttered teeny pool - maybe a staff pool? In fairness - it was idiot guests who tossed food and a couple drink containers down. Again...loud obnoxious people who should have had a knock on their door from a manager (not a maid), to tell them to keep it down - that's the only reason we lost sleep. The beds were very comfortable.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank CafeCreperieElora
Juan R, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2014

Dear CafeCreperieElora,

Thank you so much for the EXCELLENT review! I had a blast reading your kind comments; I am so pleased to hear that you were pampered by our staff service. Regarding to the towel police, that was one try to solve our dear guest complains about places to sit, as when trying to improve service, we had to trial and error, Self note, didn't work, nice to see we all could find the positive side of the situation, even after some long faces, Very sorry about that, as the staff at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, certainly is the heart and soul of our resort, and they work hard to make our dear rockers feel attended in a promptly manner, they are going the extra mille to do what ever it takes to face this situation and prevent it from happening again, looking forward to greet you back soon and ready to roll out the red carpet for our cherished rock stars!

Reviewed March 23, 2014

As Premier Members I have stayed in Palace Resorts hotels before and found Hard Rock just as welcoming. Everything was perfect to my liking except for a few things... The food was always delicious, the staff was warm and INCREDIBLY accommodating, the entertainment was Spectacular not to mention the SPA (delish). However, I found their informational system was inconsistent and irritating. At times they could find us in their system and in other times we didn't exist. HuH? The halls were very loud but suspect the doors are too heavy for the rooms. When entering and leaving the doors just slammed each time. I was led to believe If I paid an extra fee I would get a floor w/out children or teens. Of course they said it was my misunderstanding :/ that I would get the side of the hotel that did not host children but failed to mention the running and screaming were allowed right outside my door down the corridor. REallY? What a deal Right? Other than that I do rate my vacation to be a success. I will stay there again. And one more thing. I do NOT recommend to take the time to talk to the Time Share people. (not affiliated with Hard Rock). They were the sunniest things you ever met UNTIL we didn't want to upgrade. One guy basically, shot his arm up as to "SEE yA' NeVer! Yeah... I see you NEVER. jERK!. Other that that..... I give it ***** stars:)) I look forward to going back. Lori G. Culver City, CA

Room Tip: Corner rooms do not have the best view and are smaller in comparison. I had the center with an incredible view of the pool and ocean. It was spectacular!
1  Thank LoriGxoxoxo

Hi LoriGxoxoxo,

Thank you for sharing your travel experience with us. We are glad you had a great time despite the noise at the hallways. We shared your comments with our team to ensure we keep the relaxing and quiet ambiance around our Rock Star rooms.
Thanks again for sharing your thoughts and for recommending us to your friends! We look forward to welcome you all again.

TAKE TIME TO BE KIND