“Fantastic”

GreenLeadersGold level
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Visited with my husband from 31st August for 10 nights. Absolutely fantastic. Room was amazing, particularly the in room jacuzzi tub. All inclusive deal was brilliant, loved all the restaurants, particularly for breakfast and dinner. Would recommend the italian restaurant/market for breakfast, the lady who cooks the omlettes/pancakes is supurb and will make anything you like. Best dinner has to be Zen but all the restaurants were fantastic. Burgers/hotdogs etc all very good quality meat and so much selection. The staff were wonderful, always so happy to help and very attentive. Plenty of sunbeds so no towel reserving required! Beautiful beach and took advantage of the rewards scheme by visiting Chichen Itza, swimming with dolphins, massages for me and my husband, manicure and medicure for me, cabana and butler on the beach and a romantic champagne and lobster meal on the beach, supurb. Definitely the best all inclusive I have ever been to. 24 hour room service was included in all inclusive which I think was a nice touch. Very good housekeeping, in room robe and slippers. Overall i'd say it exceeded expectations and we are planning to now visit the Dominican resort. Highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Alejandro M, Customer Care Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Hello SarahLeanneG! Wow! Thanks for your astonishing review! We are happy to hear that you had the celebrity experience and enjoyed every minute of your stay! It is great that you could take advantage at the fullest of your resort credits and that you found our services very helpful and enjoyable. We hope to host you again and make of your rock story a double platinum hit. Please do not hesitate to contact us to help you plan your next trip and roll out the red carpet! Stay tuned on our official website for future shows, promotions and more!
-ALL IS ONE-

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,536)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed September 12, 2013

My friends and I decided to try an all-inclusive day pass at the Hard Rock Hotel. We proceeded to the lobby. It was here where we all received our wrist bands, which are different from other hotel guests, I might add, but we did not notice any difference in the service we received. In their low season, I believe they sell day passes for just under $90.

We proceeded to the buffet. Excellent selection. Far greater variety than I expected. I really think you'd be hard pressed to not find something here you liked. Servers are available to bring drinks to your table. They will also remove plates and ensure your tables are clean, etc. They are eager for tips. The food itself tasted average to me. I tried a bunch of stuff and nothing really tasted great, but it did fill me up.

We than proceeded to the pool area. Very nice infinity pool. It’s a nice size. I was surprised with how many people were here, since it is the low season. This resort was probably near full capacity, which I did not expect in the beginning of September. No towel card was necessary. Pool bars were both busy. Seemed like they offered pretty good entertainment activities at the pool. We all found the drinks strong. It was very nice.

After spending time here, we went to the beach. I loved the waves. It is such a nice beach. We stayed at the Hyatt for this vacation and the beach there was very calm, but spending time in the waves was so much fun. I actually enjoyed the beach here at this location very much. The beach at the Hyatt we found very quiet, except on our last day on Saturday.

We ate dinner at the Mexican restaurant. Again, the service here was exceptional, but the food tasted just average. Although, this is an all-inclusive resort and they say tips are included, you really get the feeling that the people working here are going above and beyond with their service and are really working hard for tips.

We spent the rest of the day exploring the resort. There were a lot of bars to get drinks from. Interesting rock music memorabilia. It isn't really my thing, but it was still interesting. They had a Michael Jackson show that night. I thought it was pretty good, but the auditorium where the show was located was so hot. There wasn't an empty seat.

One thing to note is that I don't believe this hotel offers sit down restaurant options for lunch time (ONLY for dinner). I don't know for sure what food options are available by the pool, but I believe you can order hamburgers, hot dogs, fries, and individual pizzas). I'd be interested in knowing if they offer other food, besides these options at the pool. If they do, I didn't see the other food options. I personally did not like their pizza at all and I usually love pizza. Their pizza was so awful that after one bite, I had to spit it back out and throw the whole thing away. For pizza, this was a first for me.

Overall, it was an awesome day. I probably wouldn't do a day pass here again because I didn't like the food, but the hotel itself was a lot of fun. If I have one criticism, it would be that the food was not up to my usual standard, but it certainly wasn't terrible and I did find they offered plenty of different options at their buffet, but their snack bar at the pool sucked and the food their was downright awful. The rock theme isn't really my thing, but if rock music is a passion of yours, than you will likely fall in love with this hotel. Their rooms looked fantastic. The pool was great too!

Would I ever book a stay at this hotel? No, I wouldn't. The food options beside the pool were very limited and tasted downright awful. The buffet food was just average, but the selection was fantastic. My meal at the sit down restaurant was also just average. Their hamburgers tasted like cardboard. Their shrimp was definitely not of the local or fresh variety and had a gross taste to me. There were too many things about their food that turned me off.

My recommendation would be to avoid this hotel if you appreciate good quality food or if food is really important to you when you’re on vacation.

PROS

-Great hotel for kids and families. There were a lot of kids and teens here.
-The rooms here are simply stunning. The best ones I have ever seen. All I can say is WOW! The jetted tubs in the rooms are EXTREMELY nice!
-The hotel is BIG and has a major WOW factor everywhere you look. It was a lot of fun to spend time here
-The infinity pool is awesome
-Drinks were strong and bar service was everywhere
-Good variety of food is offered at their buffet. Their hard scoop ice cream was fantastic.
-Lots of pool entertainment/activities during the day
-Lively bar at night and great night entertainment
-The location on the hotel zone strip is fantastic. Great beach.
-No towel cards!

CONS
-Awful food. For the high price they charge, their food quality needs to improve
-Beach food options very limited and didn't taste very good (hot dogs, hamburgers, fries, individual pizzas). I'm not very picky or high strung when it comes to food, but I didn't like any of their pool “snack” options
-Expensive. This hotel chain charges a premium for their rooms. They are big on their “times share” vacation club membership program. This is why I think they charge so much for their rooms and why they were packed even in the low season.
-Those jetted tubs scattered around the outside pool were dirty and the water looked disgusting in them. They weren't hot tubs. Just smaller tubs of luke-warm, germ infested water.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
8 Thank timbuk2
Hi timbuk2! Thanks for your review! We are glad to know that you had a memorable day in our resort and enjoyed our beautiful scenery! We are very proud of our Mexican Food which is our attraction, anyhow we offer 6 different restaurants: Zen (Asian Cuisine), Ciao (Italian Cuisine), Ipanema (Brazilian Cuisine), The Market (International Cuisine), Frida (Mexican à la carte), and Pizzeto (Pizza and Pasta Gourmet). If you were to have a room you could also enjoy 24 hour service to the room. Nevertheless, we shared your comments about the food to our management team and various key people as we strive to always improve our services based on our valuable guest’s feedback! We hope to be able to host you in our stage and give you the Rock Star treatment you deserve! Please do not hesitate to contact us to help you plan your next trip and roll out the red carpet! Stay tuned on our official website for future shows, promotions and more!
Cancun
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Staff was extremely nice. Everything was clean and orderly. The food in the restaurants was delicious! Loved the lively atmosphere at the pool! Plenty to do throughout the day. All-inclusive is the way!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos

Hi Katelyn M! Thanks for your short and sweet review. We are glad to hear that you had a wonderful experience here at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun! We are happy to know that our staff took the extra mile to make you feel like a Rock Star and that you enjoyed our services and facilities! We hope to host you again and roll out the red carpet. Please do not hesitate to contact us to help you plan your next trip and roll out the red carpet! Stay tuned on our official website for future shows, promotions and more!
-TAKE TIME TO BE KIND-
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I was walking down the hotel street when I noticed the Hard Rock Hotel sign. I love going into these places and checking out souvenirs. I asked one of the staff outside if there was a gift shop and she said yes and led me to it. I went in and did some shopping. When I was done shopping, I walked around and took some cool photos and thought I would share them with you.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Hi Kyle L! Thanks for your review! We are glad to see you liked the hotel! Thanks for the wonderful pictures! We hope to be able to host you in our stage and give you the Rock Star treatment you deserve! Please do not hesitate to contact us to help you plan your next trip and roll out the red carpet! Stay tuned on our official website for future shows, promotions and more!
-SAVE THE PLANET-
Clarkston, Michigan
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I returned from the Hard Rock Cancun a month ago and am still living the dream as I recall all the enjoyable moments I'll treasure for a lifetime. It was a very special vacation with my two wonderful daughters, Noelle and Marissa, and my "sista" Bubbles. We were welcomed by Denise and staff as well as a former butler, Charlie, who I had the privilige of meeting on our prior visit to the Hard Rock. We couldn't have had better butlers then Charlie for all our evening activities and Jacob for the morning and mid afternoon services. All the staff at the beach, especially Hope and Moldamondo, treated us like queens. Miguel and Jenn Becerra were also extremely helpful answering questions concerning the Hard Rock Legendary plan and benefits. Our waiter, Poillo (chicken) serving in the Italian restaurant gave us excellent service. Johnny, our bellman, was very timely in transporting our luggage in and out of the hotel. The only sad moment of the entire trip was when we said goodby. But, I'll be returning in November and will be looking forward to seeing all our "Cancun friends."......Diane "Bunny" Parrott

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hello there Diane! Wow what a great review. We are happy to know that you had the “girlz” time of your life and that you have so many mentions to our wonderful staff! Be sure we will let them know that they gave the extra mile to exceed your expectations! We will be happy to receive you once again like family in November. Please do not hesitate to contact us to help you plan your next trip and roll out the red carpet! Stay tuned on our official website for future shows, promotions and more!
-LOVE ALL SERVE ALL-
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 11, 2013

The hotel itself was okay, although, it is in need of repairs. My mother became a member when it was, "Cancun Palace" and while they upgraded the name, they downgraded in service. Room amenities have declined. Tour planners had no idea what they were talking about half the time. I was told I could use $100 in Resort Credit at the Matis shop by two different planners and upon deciding to finally make a purchase I was told I could not by one of the employees. I proceeded to ask a planner to accompany me to the shop and she informed the planner that an email had been sent out over a month ago advising them of this change. One would assume they would try to make it right but no such thing took place. Chairs in the balcony were torn, handle was broken, one of the pools was out of service, spa manicure and pedicure was poor. Prior to even arriving I tried to set up a dinner on the beach with both my boyfriend and my son. They told me they could make the arrangements. However, upon arriving they said it could not been done. And as if all that is not bad enough the tours that were offered before it became the HR were great but now they offer just a fraction of those tours and they do not include transportation, towels and a host of other things. I also found it ridiculous that we have to pay an 11% tax on the ones that are not included but I suppose if used properly they might be worth it. I was also very disappointed in the staff. As one of the staff members at the HR "Diego" tried to get me to go to a presentation offering me a trip to Isla Mujeres. I declined and that was that, but when I met with one of the planners I found out that it was free to begin with. Very disappointing!!! Also, be aware because when you book with the planners to take a tour from Aqua World, they "Aqua World" charges $5 per person, something the planner failed to mention. So, on top of the 11% tax the Hard Rock charges for the tour, Aqua World charges an additional $5 per person. Now, I don't know if I'm the only one but every single time I ordered room service they called me to confirm if I got it, which I guess I appreciate but it was rather annoying. On the upside of things, if you can even call it that. I enjoyed having dinner at Zen. The staff was friendly, service was good and the food was delicious. All in all, don't be fooled by the "New" name. I rather stay in an unknown hotel and get great service or simply pay more to get more of what I feel I deserve. This trip was a total waste of my time and converting Palace Resorts to Hard Rock Hotels is a huge mistake in my opinion. If you are a Palace member and what to relax on your vacation I suggest you visit a Palace resort like Moon Palace, which is what I should have done.

Room Tip: If you want a balcony with more space, ask for a corner room.
2 Thank Milz_Rod
Hi Milz_Rod, thank you for taking the time to send us your comments and observations about our resort. Feedback is very important to us as it helps us know how the show is running. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay; this is certainly not the Rock Star treatment our valued Members expect while they are on stage. We have shared your comments to our management and member services to ensure we deliver royal service to our members, most up to date information regarding our members’ amenities and privileges. We would like to clarify that what you referred to as a “tax” is in fact a service fee, which is important in order for us to be able to compensate our various partners and staff that support the Resort Credit. Even though we do everything in our power to ensure great service, we are sorry that we seemed to have missed our mark this time. We hope to welcome you again at our beautiful scenery to show you the improvements we have made and roll out the red carpet for you.
Cancun
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Many time on holidays at Cancun and never like this one. Excellent hotel, excellent environment, excellent staff. If you like great music it is a must to go for you. Don't miss it! All my family enjoyed it.

Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos

1 Thank Martin T
Hi Martin T! Thanks for your short and sweet review! We are glad to hear that you and your family had a blast and enjoyed being super stars on our stage! We hope to host you again and please do not hesitate to contact us to help you plan your next trip and spoil you rotten! Stay tuned on our official website for future shows, promotions and more!
-TAKE TIME TO BE KIND-