“Awesome time in Hard Rock Hotel Cancun!!”

Hard Rock Hotel Cancun
Ranked #10 of 176 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 11, 2013

This is our 5th time staying in this Hotel, before it was called Cancun Palace and now is Hard Rock Hotel, since the transition there were a few Hiccups but,it was worth it, the transformation of this hotel is amazing now! Not counting the Customer Service, starting from front desk to waiters and house keeping crew. They really do a good job! We loved the bar tender "OSO" he truly understands what the customer wants, and makes the best drinks also "Conchis" she always pleasant and happy gal. Overall my family and I had a great vacation time, we were there for 11 days and it was sooo worth it!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Patty G
Alejandro M, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Hi Patty G, we appreciate you shared your experience with us. Thanks for the nice comments about Conchis and Oso, we will pass on your words to them. We are happy that you loved our rockin’ style and your entire family had an awesome time at the hard Rock Hotel Cancun. We can’t wait to welcome you to make of your next vacations a double smashing hit! Practice your rock face!
ALL IS ONE

There are newer reviews for Hard Rock Hotel Cancun

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Just returned from 7 perfect days at the Hard Rock Hotel Cancun . Spent several vacations when it was the Cancun Palace. Great improvements overall in all areas. Best restaurants are Ipanema and Zen. Its a family hotel and it was 100% occupied. Its noisy at times and there are a lot of kids around. F.Y.I. Smash Bar and the restaurants get very hot at nite. Do not know if it is an A/C problem or just so many people. Highlights of the trip was the outstanding service, pool area,ocean and the clean rooms. The entertainment staff at the pool were outstanding everyday bringing lots of energy and smiles. Big thank you to ANNIKA (AKA PEANUT), DANIEL, BERNIE and KIKA. AMALIA and YENI were the best serving drinks at poolside. Butler service is a must on vacation. They take care of your every need from reservations, booking nightlife, transportation and anything else you need. They are always around never have to call them. Big thank you to JACOB, VINCENT, ABRAHAM AND ISAAC. Hope to return soon.

Room Tip: Higher floors with ocean view is the best. Noise in the rooms were never an issue.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 0TonyB

Hi 0TonyB, thank you for your comments. We love to hear that you spent seven perfect days with us and loved the style and food at Ipanema and Zen, really two excellent places to eat. And thanks for mentioning so many of our crew members Jacob, Vincent, Abraham, Isaac, Annika, Daniel, Bernie, Kika. Amalia and Yeni.
You truly had a Rock Star experience! We cannot wait to welcome you again and roll out the red carpet for you in your next visit to your favorite spot in Cancun: Hard Rock Hotel Cancun.
Rock on!
TAKE TIME TO BE KIND.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Spent a day at hard rock Cancun. The place is nice. But service is poor. We were greeted by Diego ,he showed us around. He was very friendly..

We went to the pool. Sat by the pool for over an hour. No service at all there.had to go and get your own drink.

Ate at the zen wonderful food and service. Would have been more in enjoyable if the air conditioner was working.

Went to the show at night. The entertainment team was really great. Full of high energy for that time of night, the team was Edward and Daniel .

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Brenda R
Alejandro M, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Hi Brenda R, thank you for your comments. We appreciate your feedback, and we are happy that you had a great time. We are passing on your comments to our crew to ensure all of our rockers get well hydrated around the pool. We hope we can see you again soon and stay with us so we can give you a true rock star vacation! Rock on!
LOVE ALL SERVE ALL

Reviewed August 7, 2013

We were able to enjoy the day at Hard Rock for free. We took a 90 min tour where they try to get you to buy a time share. When we said we were not interested we got a free day for our family of 7. We went the next day and ate 3 times. We spent the day at the swim up pool / bar. It was a blast, the employs entertainment was energetic and fun. At the pool they had dancing, games, arobics and much more involving everyone there. On their beach they had parisaling.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Dora M
Alejandro M, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Hello Dora M, thanks for sharing your experience at our resort. We are glad that you had the chance to live the rock star lifestyle for a day after touring the hotel with the Legendary team; we hope you come back soon for a longer stay and we will give you the rock star treatment and spoil you rotten!
TAKE TIME TO BE KIND

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We visited Hard Rock Hotel last July during the construction nightmare. We decided to give it another try this year and we are glad we did. There are ups and downs but the employees make this hotel a great place. I will try to be detailed because I know how important reviews can be. I know I read them every day for weeks before our trip and the majority of them helped tremendously. We are a family of 5 - 3 boys ages 15, 12 and 10.

We had a mix up with rooms so that wasn't a great start. Amaury and Sam were so professional and dealt well with a travel weary and frustrated mom. As a Palace Premier member, it is disappointing that there really is not any special perks that you get as members. I have also learned that member services will make promises that they have no idea whether or not they can keep. We were promised adjoining ocean view rooms only to check in and have our rooms at separate ends of the floor. They don't assign rooms until 2 days before check in. It took 2 days to fix but all turned out well. They really do try to make you happy so be patient.

ROOMS: The rooms were very nice - jacuzzi takes up a lot of the room. We have had lagoon view and ocean view rooms at this hotel. You really can't go wrong either way but the ocean is simply breathtaking. The hallways can be loud and the slamming of the doors is annoying. I took advice of other travelers and put towels up against the door and it really did help. I brought my portable fan and that helped drown out the sound. I did bring earplugs but never had to use them. We were right by the elevators but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Use the towels - it works. We had EXCELLENT maid service with Yolanda. We always had turn down service and if we had our red light on she followed up later. Room service was great - didn't take too long and the food was always good.

POOL: Very big. The activities group were fun and did a mixture of fun things for all ages. By the end of the day the pool crowd could get a little inappropriate and I found myself taking the kids down to the ocean. They did run out of towels daily but the wait was never too long. The servers were just amazing. They are the hardest working, most friendly people I have ever encountered. The heat and non stop work never stopped their friendly attitudes and great service. Please tip - even if its just a dollar - they so deserve it. People definitely reserve chairs by the pool early. If you don't get there by 9 a.m. you will be lucky to get a place to sit - especially with an umbrella. I didn't like the set up at the ocean. Everyone is all right together. I thought the way the chairs were arranged - in rows and right by each other was a little weird. The staff at the ocean were great too. The beach is clean and beautiful.

FOOD: Efrain at Zen is the best. Zen is our favorite restaurant. We ate there several times. I always used to wonder why previous reviews always mentioned employees by name. I now know how an employee can make a vacation even better. Efrain was great and I will always be thankful for his great service and kindness. Hard Rock is so lucky to have him.
The buffet was okay. I am picky so I didn't enjoy it that much but my husband and kids did. I had made to order steak and shrimp a lot. We ate at the Brazilian restaurant and that was great. We never had any problems waiting. During the day we ate around the pool - no complaints. The servers were always fun with my kids.

RESORT CREDIT: This is our 4th year in a row to Cancun. I wish they had more of a variety. We have done all of them already 2 or 3 times. I really don't want to swim with the dolphins AGAIN. It's enjoyable but the same exact thing every year. We had two rooms so 3000 points. We swam with the dolphins, had a couples massage, did the family pictures, had a pedicure, got two boxes of tequila and still had a lot of credits left. The pedicure was great. I had Cynthia. I highly recommend her. It's so relaxing - overlooking the ocean. Massage was wonderful! We did go to the presentation to see if we wanted to upgrade our membership. We got free tickets to Xel-ha and jungle tour. For a family of 5 that was a great deal and worth the hour presentation and tour. Definitely make your reservations when you arrive - they fill up fast. I noticed they were a lot friendlier this year and the wait wasn't so long. You can make reservations before you arrive for excursions with your resort credits but you still have to go get vouchers printed out when you get there.

XEL-HA: I really enjoyed it. It took about an hour and a half to get there from our hotel. We saw a lot of fish and sting rays. Snorkeling was great - I was concerned after reading previous reviews. Lemurs were everywhere - very cute and obviously used to people. Lazy river was nice and relaxing but don't be in a hurry unless you want to paddle. It moves very slow. My kids loved the ziplines and cliff diving. I loved hammock island. The food was good - a wide variety. I think this is a great excursion for families. My husband and kids like excitement and adventure and I'm more of an observer. There is something for everyone here.

ROCK SHOTS: Pricey and strange poses. We only liked two of our shots. Be specific with your photographer.

NIGHTLY ENTERTAINMENT: Michael Jackson is a must see if you are a fan. It was great. My husband and I liked the Rock Show but my kids didn't at all. Circus night and Karoke were fun for the kids. Some of the dancers seriously had their butts completely hanging out which was uncomfortable and not exactly appropriate for families with little ones. The entertainment staff made the shows more fun. The Prince show was a huge hit.

KIDS ACTIVITIES: My 10 year old enjoyed Kids Club but he is almost too old for it. It definitely caters to the really young. They did have a few things there that weren't for really young kids. My 15 year old had a great time with other teens. I think the Teen Club is a work in progress but they are working on it and it sounds like it will be great. There really wasn't a lot of extra activities for my 12 year old (too old for Kids Club - too young for Teen Club) but he was completely happy swimming all the time. We were lucky the weather was perfect the entire time so he never got bored.

LOBBY BAR: Gets very crowded and loud at night. The bartenders are great - I don't know how they keep up but the wait for drinks was never that long. Good drinks - fun.

CHECK OUT: Pretty easy. They give you your bill the night before you leave.

We did spend one day at Beach Palace. The Sky Bar is a must see. The beach is just as beautiful as Hard Rock but the waves seemed rougher for some reason. Great service and food there too. More family friendly.

I liked Hard Rock - but there is definitely more of a "Spring Break" party atmosphere. I never once felt unsafe. We went out to the ocean late at night several times. I definitely was a little apprehensive after last year and also some of the previous reviews but it's a nice, clean hotel. Again - the employees make this a great place to vacation. Of course - the BEAUTIFUL beach helps :)

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank dkelsey

Saludos dkelsey! Thank you for your detailed review, we also believe that reviews are a crucial part when looking for the next vacation venue and we appreciate you shared your excellent experience with us. We are sorry that due to the high occupancy for the season we couldn’t give you adjoining rooms and we don’t ever anticipate a room change at check in. However, I’m glad that the front desk team was there to get you settled in your new rooms so you could enjoy the rest of your vacation, we will pass on your words to Amaury and Sam and they will appreciate them.
We are happy that you had great service from the housekeeping team, Yolanda rocks! And thanks for mentioning so many of the amenities, activities, tours and fun stuff at our resort, we know many readers will find them helpful to choose Hard Rock Hotel Cancun for their next vacations. We can’t wait to welcome you again and make of your next vacations a rock n’ roll fantasy. You all rock!
Expect the unexpected!
ALL IS ONE

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Service overall was amazing! Really lives up to everything promised! Just word to the wise, only book excursions with Vacation Planners at the resort! My bf and I booked with an agent from transat holidays that worked for the resort and feel like we got scammed for what was promised.. When we wanted to cancel we couldn't contact the rep! for all others we booked at the resorts vacation planners and had NO complaints! And one thing everyone should attend is COCO BONGO! Totally worth the money!!

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Vrastiak91

Hi there Vrastiak91! Thank you for your comments, we are glad you loved our resort and had a blast with your tours and activities, really our Vacation Planners rock when it comes to book your tours, spa, golf, activities and more! We appreciate your comments and hope you come back pretty soon. Let’s rock n roll!
SAVE THE PLANET

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Stayed June 15-17th 2013...From the moment we stepped out of the Lomas Transportation van, it was beyond amazing! (Lomas transportation was also excellent!) we were greeted with a rose for every female in our group and a cold towel for everyone. Then we were whisked away to the VIP check in that had cold champagne waiting for us!
We were escorted to our beautiful ocean view room! Our butler introduced himself, which the kids thought that was pretty cool! The room was nicely decorated with a huge jacuzzi tub in it. We never used it though. The only problem I had with the room and its the reason I didn't give it a perfect rating, was how loud it was. You could hear everything going on in the hall.
The drinks were good, we never had an issue with them being weak!
We had VIP access to the beach! Loved it! The service was amazing! The pool entertainment was great and kept the kids involved.
Nightly entertainment was also very good!
Used resort credits on some massages! They were very relaxing! Didn't have any problems using any of our resort credits! Vacation planners were very helpful and friendly!
The food was very good! We were only there three nights, but made the most of it! Japanese restaurant twice, once at a regular table and the other time at the hibachi bar. The hibachi bar was my favorite. We also ate at the Mexican restaurant. Also very good! The buffet had fresh food every time we ate there. The food was not disappointing.
The entire place was upbeat and fun! Would definitely recommend it and would stay there again!
We cannot thank Mitch with tripguy.com enough! This is the second time we have booked a trip with him and would never use anyone else. He always went above and beyond making sure our vacation was perfect! Very professional, with a personal touch.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Dweidler

Hi Dweidler, thanks for sharing your awesome expereince with us. We are so glad that you ha a great time at our resort and loved everything from the restaurants food to the drinks and from your room to the VIP areas ata the beach! You really had the rock star treatment! We are you felt disturbed for the sound at the halls, and we passed your comments to our manangement. We look forward to welcome you soon here at the Hard Rock Hotel Cancun.