“Ou tstanding job of the staff member.”

Hard Rock Hotel Cancun
Ranked #9 of 181 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
Manteca, California
“Ou tstanding job of the staff member.”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Just so every one know that we are very please with Miguel Becerra on of the staff member working in the membership department.WE meet Miguel two year ago and his is just so wonderful .We ard very blees that we have a chance to meet him .His always go beyon his
duty to made sure the member is happy .We both were always can count on Miguel for help if there is a problem on our trip.
We wish that we meet him long time ago before we become member not only his know his job well but his very honest and up front with you,the world need more honest men like him.If and when you decited to become Hard Rock member made sure you go see Miguel or ask for him before you sign the paper .
Again that you Miguel for give us a chance to meet you and your wife we hope to see you soon in the future.
God bless to you and your family

1 Thank HONG W
Alejandro M, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear HONG W, thank you very much for your kind comments about Miguel, we are so pleased to hear that you have had such a great experience with his service. We are passing your comments to our management to let Miguel know you thought he rocked your world!
Thanks again and we hope we can give you the rock star treatment again soon.
LOVE ALL SERVE ALL

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,536)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed July 17, 2013

The hotel is great-jacuzzis in very room, great views, great pools and oceanfront. Employees are eager to satisfy. In the Italian restaurant, Ciao, and the Brazilian restaurant, the service was terrible and the food was worse. Overall, a very good vacation site-it would be 5-star if they get their restaurant act together.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank stecop
Alejandro M, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Hello stecop, we appreciate your comments, thanks for the review and your feedback, we are pleased to hear that you loved your room, the pools and the views. We are sharing your comments to our F&B manager to ensure we rock your world next time at all of our restaurants. Strum that air guitar and keep on rocking!
SANE THE PLANET
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Lets keep it short and sweet...my husband and I spent 7 glorious days here this July. We had a fabulous time. When they say "all inclusive", they mean it. The food was excellent, the beach beautiful, and the service was friendly and spot on. There was something for everyone: couples, families, and the "party on" crew too. We had never been south of the border, and we will definitely come back again to the Hard Rock.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Eli E, thanks for the short & sweet review, there is nothing better than hearing that you had such a great time with us, we look forward to see you again here at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun. Rock on!
ALL IS ONE
Collegeville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Had an amazing time with friends. Great atmosphere, primarily with youngsters and families with teenagers. The food for dinner in all the restaurants was just passable. It didn't help that the air conditioning was not working in any of these restaurants either, those 4 nights. There were multiple mistakes by the servers on the orders taken, which was surprising. Breakfast and lunch was very good. Had a great time playing volleyball. Some of us were not happy at all with the Director of Activities 'Anaconda,' who was arrogance personified and pushed himself into a game of volleyball, that a good team of teenagers were consistently winning. He showed off his athletic prowess in a manner that should not be done. You just do not treat your guests that way. Barring that, had a blast.

1 Thank NavinMathew
Hello NavinMathew, thanks a lot for your review and for the good feedback, we are sharing your comments with our Management team for further review as we strive to create a true rock n’ roll vibe, you are the band and we are your loyal fans ready to please your every need! We are glad that despite any inconvenience you all had a blast with us and we look forward to welcome you again and make you feel the VIP treatment a true rock star is accustomed to. Release your inner rock star, take the stage and rock with us!
SAVE THE PLANET
Elizabethtown, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed July 16, 2013

My sisters and I stayed here for a week. The service was spectacular ! All the employees smile and run in circles trying to please you. The hotel credit program is very confusing and if you don't book your choices early- you won't get what you want. Several of the restaurants - while beautiful to look at - we didn't care for the food. You need to wear ear plugs at night because other patrons are going in and out all night - slamming the doors. The lobby and game rooms were always brimming over with loud young people and the noise seemed to be constant. There is 24 hour activity and loud music. The beach and pool was beautiful and clean.... but ALWAYS full . We enjoyed the experience - but I personally would not go back because I need at least a few hours a day of peace and quiet. Probably a perfect place for younger families . The spa was wonderful .

Room Tip: bring ear plugs for noise - rooms are large and clean.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Wanda H
Hi Wanda H, thanks for your review, we appreciate your comments, we are pleased to hear that you felt the smashing service from the staff, they really get out of their way to make of your vacations a true rock star experience. While we are happy to hear that you had an overall great vacation we are sad to hear that you found the resort a little too loud for you; we are working to keep our rock star vibe and also provide a relaxing atmosphere to our guests who just want to lay back and enjoy our amazing beach by the relaxing sound of the Caribbean sea waves, and you got to try our amazing third floor family Jacuzzis the best to relax in a peaceful environment. Our vibe manager is continually improving in this area and we hope you give us the opportunity to give you the true rock star experience in a future visit. Keep on rocking!
ALL IS ONE
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed at the Hard Rock Cancun for one week July 4 to July 11, 2013. We went with three children 5,3, and 1. I found our stay to be delightful! The hotel was exceptionally clean as I witnessed the staff cleaning each chair in the lobby bar at 5 in the morning as well as the floors, etc... The room service was fast and accommodating. I ordered so much milk for the room they began to bring me quarts of milk instead of glasses without me even asking. They always did a follow up phone call to ensure you received what you ordered and were satisfied. The staff/servers were kind, funny, and sweet to our children. Of note is the woman in the spa who does pedicure and manicures whose name escapes me but started with an E. She was so patient and kind with my 3 year old. She laughed and taught her Spanish and just made my daughter's pedi/mani fun!! Monica was a masseuse in the spa who was WONDERFUL but also with a sweet spirit and was a hard worker. I thoroughly enjoyed all of the spa services I had, they were better than services I have had in the states. At the bar, I believe it is Manuel, a bartender at the swim up bar and at night in the lobby off set bar who was MORE than kind and patient with my 5 year old who continuously frequented the bar for chocolate milk shakes and chocolate milk. He treated her as he did the adult customers and ALWAYS had a smile on his face. Danny Boy and Pollo at the Ciao and Zen were fun and good servers. All of the restaurants had delicious food and SO MUCH OF IT! The buffet at the Market was always good with fresh food made in front of you. It was flavorful and good! Fresh made omelettes for breakfast, shrimp and chicken for lunch, if you could not find something that you liked then shame on you! There was a plethora of choices for every palette. The staff was quick to bring you drinks even when you could easily get your own at the buffet restaurant. I was carrying my plates down the steps with my 5 year old and a male server quickly ran up to me and took my plates and carried them to our table. You can ask for take out containers, load them up and each wherever you wish.

I felt the room was clean, comfortable and was roomy enough for the five of us and we even had a pack and play crib in between our two beds. We were in room 562 in the center with a view straight to the ocean. Housekeeping was great, fixing our children's toys in cute ways and leaving chocolates at turn down. When departing the bell hop even said to us "Be sure to check your safe before you leave", I was impressed.

The pools were lovely. We spent a majority of time at the hot tubs on the third floor as our 3 and 1 year old had more fun in this shallow pool area. I think they are hot tubs but the water temperatures are not uncomfortable and the kids enjoyed it! We never had a problem getting towels at the towel hut, they gave you as many as you asked for. There was no pressure from anyone with timeshare sales, locals on the beach, or anything else for that matter.

The little big club was GREAT! The show was really good. The kids got to interact with the band and the characters. My daughters love Barney and were delighted to see him in person in Mexico!!! The show was Wednesday night and the kids were made to feel as though they were part of the show which was great! The staff was well organized, kind and energetic for all of the Little Big Club activities. That was a great bonus for my kids at the hotel and actually the reason they were going to Cancun, to see Barney.

The entertainment staff for the shows and at the pool area were HYSTERICAL! I cannot recall their names but the very tall man and the male staff were funny and made me laugh so hard. They know how to entertain! It was the most I laughed during this trip at their sarcastic comments. Good job Hard Rock on the entertainment staff, they are very good.

The beach was beautiful and we had fun playing in the waves and "surfing" them. We found a lot of seashells and also got to see a sea turtle nesting. We rode jet skis(fun but rough) and took a long beach walk which was so pleasant. You could always get a beach umbrella and chairs at the pool and beach. There are always the travelers who save them early in the morning (as I do) but even if you wait until later in the morning, you could find something.

I read a lot on this site about water dripping from overhead. I think some people don't realize that it is condensation and not a hotel problem. Also, I read the maids came to clean rooms very late on a lot of the reviews. They were late the first day we were there but because WE did not put the GREEN light on so they could enter.

I really cannot find serious to complain of for the monies we paid, we were treated very well. It was a perfect place for families, couples or singles. I have traveled throughout the carribean since 1991 this being my 3rd trip to Mexico. Unfortunately, I feel as though a lot of the traveler's disappointments are either because of their standards or that they did not understand how things worked in the hotel (i.e. the need to push the green light near the door for the maid to enter your room and clean it). When I read a few reviews on tripadvisor before leaving I was concerned, after visiting the Hard Rock I would recommend it without reservation.

One last note, on our airplane home we met a woman traveling with her daughter, she asked us about our stay and where, we had nothing but good things to say. She was pleasant, kind and sweet and it was no surprise to us that she was an employee at the Hard Rock chains.

Great job Hard Rock from top to bottom!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank TStot
Alejandro M, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear TStot, Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us, this is one of those stories that we truly love to hear, and worth sharing with all the staff at Hard Rock.
We are so pleased to hear that you all had a great vacation and felt the warmness and kindness from our Mexican people and the outstanding service from the staff here at Hard Rock.
It’s lovely that your daughter had a wonderful time and got to learn some Spanish while getting her mani/pedi, and be part of the show strumming their little guitars with Barney, Angelina Ballerina, Bob the Builder and Thomas The Tank Engine, it’s just priceless!
And thanks again for giving many tips and details to our readers and future travelers that like to research the reviews before choosing a resort, we hope they find them helpful too.
And we can’t be happier that despite been a little hesitant you came to live the rock n roll experience firsthand with us and fell in love with it! We thank you for recommend our resort to all of our future visitors. The entire crew stands up and we say: for those about to rock, we salute you!!
We can’t wait to see you and the whole family again you are a true rock stars.
Hang with the band!
TAKE TIME TO BE KIND
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I recently traveled to Hard Rock Hotel Cancun for a Girls Trip of 9! I truly had no idea what to expect, and this hotel completely blew me away! We had the best week ever and did not want to leave at all! The hotel is very modern with lots of unique memorabilia to enjoy! There was always music playing at the pool (live band or DJ) which we could hear at the beach! I loved that aspect because all of us could listen to music and talk at the same time, instead of using headphones! All of the staff was amazing.. they truly wanted to make sure that we had the best vacation possible! We were treated like "rockstars" from the moment we arrived at the airport to the moment we went back to the airport! There was always fun activities to participate in! The entertainment staff works hard to get everybody involved and make sure everyone is having fun! Our entire group played volleyball in the pool one afternoon.. we had so much fun! We attended two of the nightly shows.. the Fire Show and Michael Jackson Show! They were great! The performers did a great job! Our overall vacation was more than we could imagine.. we made so many memories and began planning our Girls Trip for next summer before leaving! We will definitely be vacationing at the Hard Rock Resort again!!

All of the staff was wonderful and went above and beyond to make sure our vacation was the best possible; however, the beach staff cannot be beat! Since chairs are first come first serve, we were extremely worried about finding a group of 9 chairs together! We spoke with Memo on our first day there about making sure we had a section of 9 chairs, and he said we had nothing to worry about! Memo was the BEST! We always had a group of chairs together with umbrellas, towels, and water bottles waiting for us! Throughout the day, he brought us fresh fruit, cold towels, snacks, and drinks! Memo truly made us feel special and like "rockstars!" JJ helped us on Memo's day off and did not slack at all! He treated us just as Memo had been treating us! On our last day of vacation, they told us they had a surprise for us and gave us a cake and champagne thanking us for being so nice and friendly to them! They said it was great to have appreciative vacationers! Rosie was another beach staff that was phenomenal! With a group of 9, it was a tray full of drinks every time she would ask if we needed anything! She remembered what we each were drinking and would make sure that we had what we needed! The beach staff was GREAT and made our vacation that much better!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Greetings from sunny Cancun, Mexico Kristina1279! Thanks for your review. it makes us happy when we get review like this, certainly our staff bend over backwards to make of your stay a true rock star experience, we will let Memo, JJ and Rosie know that they rocked your world!
And thank you so much for your kind comments, we are thrilled to hear that the smashing service from our crew made you feel like rock stars from the moment you stepped down your airplane till the moment you got back at the airport.
We cannot wait to welcome our queens of rock again and roll out the red carpet to give you the royal treatment in your next visit to your favorite stage: Hard Rock Hotel Cancun.
Rock on!