“Very good”

GreenLeadersGold level
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Very good”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

My daughter aged 23 and I stayed for 11 nights in May. Our room was on the 7th floor looking out to sea. The room was clean and of a fair size with the jacuzzi taking up a lot of space. There is a separate shower room with a toilet, two sinks in the main bedroom but screened off with a small partition wall. We had twin beds which were comfortable and of a good size. The balcony is quite small with two chairs and a small table. The furniture on the balcony would benefit from replacement.

On arrival check in was pretty quick. We missed out on the cold flannel but did receive a flower and a drink. Our bags took about 20 mins or so to come up and were delivered by Dinky who pointed out various bits and pieces in our room. Our patio door was broken and he was straight onto reception for us to have it fixed. Every time we saw Dinky he would test my daughter on a bit of Spanish.

We tried out the Mexican, Italian, and the market place restaurant. We mainly ate in the market place as there was more variety for my daughter who is vegetarian. The pizzas which were cooked out in the pizza oven were very good. During the day there is so much food available. We had room service on one occasion which was very good.
The music around the pool area starts early. Noise from people going back to their rooms is an issue. We were woken on numerous occasions.

We had a go at the Pilates, aquarobics and a Spanish lesson all held at the poolside. Thanks to Kika.
The staff were excellent. Nothing was too much trouble for them. We tended to use the pool area on the 3 floor as it was quieter here. The main pool area was noisy and often there were a lot of people around the swim up bar drinking and smoking in the water which at times made it difficult getting in the pool.
Thanks to Leny and Splash on the 3 rd floor. Leny was lovely, always checking we were ok for drinks.
We watched the break dancing and the Michael Jackson show in the theatre. Both very good.
Saw a bit of the wrestling one evening. It would be useful to have a notice board up with what is happening. Otherwise you can get a timetable from concierge. It would be useful if these were given out at the same time as checking in.

We went on the two trips with our hotel credit. We settled our bill the night before leaving. Checkout is at 12.00 and the express checkout was quick. We were not being picked up until 3.30 so we were given a temporary arm band so we could still have drinks and food.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Suefrombournemouth
Alejandro M, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Hi Suefrombournemouth, we appreciate your very detailed review, and we are thrilled to hear that you and your daughter had a wonderful rocking vacation with us! From the moment you arrived till the moment you left, and felt the royalty treatment from the staff, especially Lenny at the 3rd floor splash bar, we will let him know he rocked your world! Regarding the daily activities information, we do leave a copy of the billboard with the daily schedule for special events, shows, the entertainment program, restaurants, spa, etc... So you do not miss out any of them! We look forward to welcome you again soon. Hang with the band! LOVE ALL SERVE ALL.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,556)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Jasper, Georgia, United States
Reviewed June 15, 2013

At first when I arrived in the loud lobby, I thought that we had definitely landed in the wrong vacation. All of my other visits to Cancun have been to quite lobbies and quiet resorts. I even tried to change resorts but I could not get through to Orbitz within hours of getting to the hotel.

When we got to the room it was better.

The pool at night was even better and then the next day was getting better. The food was OK at breakfast, better at lunch and awesome at dinner. We really enjoyed the dining experiences while we were there.

On the third day, before we were suppose to leave on the fourth day, my daughter had really bad side pains that night and was very sick all night. We went to the hotel doctor the next day and he suggested that we take her to the hospital. Of course, that caused sheer panic. foreign country, we don't speak great Spanish and my daughter's life is in peril. We have just been told by the doctor that we should not fly and that my 11 year old daughter needs hospital attention. We went to Pam, the concierge and she got us set up with where to go and offered to go with us. We did not take her up on the offer but should have because the taxi took us to a hospital down an alley. Yes literally down an alley, Yikes! We got on the phone with Pam again and got sent in the right direction - the taxi had taken us to the wrong place.

After a few hours in the emergency room, my daughter was admitted to the hospital which of course immediately makes all kinds of changes necessary to the plans. Pam and the other concierges immediately stepped in to make sure that we got the airlines, the hotel and the taxis in place to extend the stay.

They got food ready to take the hospital and sent movies.

When my daughter was released from the hospital two days later, Pam arranged a surprise balloon and desert event in the room.

I am a fan of the Hard Rock because the staff asked repeatedly about my daughter and showed a personal concern. They made the Hard Rock our home. I am grateful and forever in debt to the Hard Rock Hotel Cancun.

And, I must say, I am glad that Orbitz did not get on the phone that day. Obviously God had other plans for us and knew that we needed the angels at the Hard Rock.

P.S. Pam was the head angel, Veronica at her side and the rest of the staff stepped up to be a great chorus. Thank you everyone!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Rhonda D
Greetings from your friends in Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, Rhonda D, thank you for your kind comments. We know that it must be very difficult to go through a situation like this as you said, in a foreign country, different language, etc… however we are glad that the concierge team, specially Pam and Veronica were there for you to help you all the way and made sure you and your daughter got all the proper assistance and made all necessary changes so you could focus on what really matters. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to change your mind about our service and facilities and we are glad that everything went well and your daughter is fine. Please do not hesitate to contact us prior to your next visit to give you the royal treatment and roll out the red carpet for you. Keep the Hard Rock memories! LOVE ALL SERVE ALL
Medford, NY
Reviewed June 15, 2013

This hotel is rockin'! Perfect for anyone! Restaurants are fabulous and so was the service. Everyone was very helpful and eager to please. Rooms are beautiful with jacuzzi in every room. Plenty of towels. Room service was right on time and excellent.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank chicobc
Alejandro M, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Yay chicobc, thanks for the short & sweet review, we are thrilled to hear you had a great time at our resort and we agree with you….it´s rockin´! SAVE THE PLANET.
kansas city missouri
Reviewed June 14, 2013

this may be one of the safety places we have ever visited. I believe all the killings in mexico occur along the us boarder and certainly not in the hotel zone. we have been for 10 straight years and am going back in july. Go have fun and enjoy

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank terrytman26
Hi there terrytman26, thank you for your comments, indeed Cancun is one of the most beautiful and safest travel and vacation destinations in Mexico. Thank you for inviting our readers to visit us, they surely will have a blast! Let’s rock n roll! SAVE THE PLANET
London
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Me and my partner went for 2 weeks 25th May 13. - 8th June, first let me say me and my partner are very fair people.

Upon arrival we were given a glass of Miami Vice, very quick check in bags taken by bell boys to our rooms (could of arrived at our rooms quicker this took 45mins).

all inclusive and they mean it! All branded drinks, so much food available its untrue, free room service, free mini bar and bottled spirts in our room! Wow. Waiters and waitresses constantly walking around the pool asking if you'd like a drink. All restaurants are fab but they could possibly do with 2 more as after half 7 the waiting list can be up to 40mins to get in.

Rooms are amazing you honestly can't fault them and the views over the pool are out of this world.

The pool is a perfect temperature and is cleaned daily although through the day it does it dirty due to the swim up bars and people dropping drinks. The pool and towel boys are so helpful with umbrellas are trying to locate you beds.

The entertainment seemed to only be down the left end of the pool which left us on the right out of activities so maybe this could of been improved.

All staff were very helpful and friendly, however a nod at the bar to say I know your waiting would of been helpful.

The whole hotel is like walking into an amazing adventure so busy and so much life it's hard not to have fun.

Now the not so great......

We notice when the rain/storms hit a few things below happened

Our room was always clean however the house keeping missed cleaning our room one day and never cleaned the balcony also never replaced our glasses once they took them. On the other had our room was cleaned twice two days.

We ordered room service for lunch one rainy day, I ordered a chicken quesadilla and I had a lump of chicken bone inside it which put me off all the food the rest of the trip.

Resort credit we went to use our $2500 worth and spent over and hour booking trips to be told there was 11% charge on all credit used which didn't impress us as if we had been told this we would have booked less or possibly in stages.

There wasn't toned to do when it rained and more than 2 pool tables should be considered as we found our selves queuing to play pool.

We were given a pink express check out letter stateing we could book out quickly however when we got to check out we were put in a 45min que with people paying bills when we had none to pay this did not impress us. It's was kind of like "your leaving so we don't care if you have the hump."

Overall we had a great holiday a few minor improvements could of helped make it perfect.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Holly B
Alejandro M, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Hi there Holly B, greeting from your friends in Cancun Mexico! Thank you for your review. We are thrilled to hear that you loved the all inclusive experience with us. At Hard Rock Hotel Cancun we've transformed the typical all-inclusive vacation into a rock star paradise and we agree with you, our rooms are some serious rock star dig with double Jacuzzis top-of-the-line bath amenities, a well-stocked mini-bar, in-room wine and a liquor dispenser stocked with the good stuff to keep the party going. We are truly happy that you loved it and on the other hand we appreciate your feedback as it is the best way we can keep revamping our rock n´roll experience to all of our future rockers, rest assured we have passed your remarks to 0ur management team to make sure we deliver rock star service every time and also we appreciate your suggestions about more entertainment options for those rainy days. We are glad overall you had a great holyday and we hope we can welcome you again soon to make of your next visit a true epic rock n’ roll fantasy! Rock on! LOVE ALL SERVE ALL.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 12, 2013

The whole experience was great. It all started with Livier Escalante at the reservations. I called the hotel and she picked up. She was very knowledgeable and helpful in explaining all the specials and packages. She replied to all my emails promptly and answered all my questions. Every time I had to call the hotel, I would ask for her in particular. I would recommend this hotel to everyone. Very helpful staff.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank James A
Thank you for sharing your comments James A, we are glad that you felt the rock star service from the staff specially Livier Escalante in the reservations team. Thank you again for recommending us to all our readers and future rockers! We look forward to welcome you here at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We stayed 6 nights and loved every second of it. The only reason this review is not 5 stars is because of two issues. First, on two occasions we returned to our room and our patio door was unlocked. We checked this every morning before leaving the room because we were on the third level which any one can access for the roof top pools. We had everything locked up but still made us feel extremely uneasy. The only other issue we encountered was the day of checking out. I tried to use 150 credits in the resort credits store to buy a pack of shot glasses and a box of cigars and the employee could not process the transaction on 3 occasions. I was sent to the check-in desk each time to try to clear up the issue. Finally, we were told the issue was cleared up so we went back to buy the items and now there was no employee to be seen. After waiting roughly 10 minutes I finally crossed the hall to the other store and asked for help. A woman came with me and I explained the issue only to have her tell me she did not speak english. This was fine, I pointed to the two items and my money and she knew that I wanted to buy them. After 30 minutes and finally another employee coming to help, they still could not process the transaction due to them not knowing how to input the items into their computer. FInally she simply did the calculation for the tax on the calculator, told me I owed $16.50 for the 150 credits and took my cash without inputting the purchase in the computer. I now was rushing to finalize checking out and catch the van to the airport. This left with an extremely sour taste in my mouth in the last hour of a fantastic vacation.

Like many reviews have said, any and all noise can be heard in the rooms. A couple of times I was awoken late in the night due to people going back to their rooms after partying. This wasn't a huge issue to me as I just rolled over and went back to bed. This is because of all the tile floors throughout the hotel with no noise absorption.

I have also read some reviews about the resort credits being stupid because of the tax, but using these credits to do the tours was awesome! The two of us were able to swim with dolphins, do the sub-see and snorkel trip, rent a balineze bed on the beach, and go to the spa for around $85! You could not get that type of deal anywhere. Anyone who complains about the credits is truly missing out on how to correctly use them.

Other than these issues, we could not be more happy with our vacation. All the food, service, and hotel in general was amazing. Would definitely go back and recommend this hotel as a place to stay that is more lively than totally relaxing. Not as much of a "party" hotel as some have mentioned but just perfect for people looking to have some fun on vacation and meet new people.

Room Tip: ocean view room as high up as possible