“Customer Service”

GreenLeadersGold level
Yorktown, NY
“Customer Service”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Last month I stayed at the Cancun Hard Rock Hotel during Spring Break. Granted Spring Break is not the best time of year to see a hotel, but we were surprised at the commitment to service we experienced.

Cancun Hard Rock Hotel prides itself (rightly so), to its commitment to give you the best service possible. I have stayed at many different hotels in different places over the years and was shocked to have staff really try to help you out here.

This was evident from Erica the server at the restaurants, to Charlie at the VIP beach area. You could really see that these individuals really tried to make your stay just better. That is important if you are members like we are. You really appreciate someone actually caring about you and your family.

This commitment continues with the Executive Chef Bruno who prepared a dinner for my family that was the highlight of our vacation and a memory that we will never forget. Even Nelson the Sommelier actually spent time with us to get us the perfect wine with each dish.

If you ever have spent time abroad, you will know firsthand how hard it is to get someone to help you at some of these resorts. Most of the time you have mass confusion and cattle like atmospheres. Here we were lucky enough to have people who cared about us and went above and beyond their jobs to make a difference.

I inquired why this was so special here versus other resorts and met with management during my visit. Mike the Sales Manager spent time with us and explained the commitment to service that was the foundation to the Hard Rock Cancun’s commitment. I was skeptical and was then introduced to the actual owner Roberto.

After spending time with these two individuals, you were able to see the actual commitment to the program. They really did care about you and your family. The message truly was coming from the top on down to the rest of the staff. These two people took time from their busy days to meet with members and actually talk to them about Hard Rock Cancun Hotel and the philosophy of service to the people staying at the hotel.

I have never written a letter complimenting anyone before. I have written my share of complaint letters in the past. But here at the Hard Rock Cancun Hotel you really experience a management ideal that the customer is important.

Therefore, I thought it important that you hear some good news about somebody doing the right thing!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Paul T
Juan R, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
Hi Paul T,

Thank you very much for sharing your awesome experience with us. Here at the Hard Rock Hotel Cancun our members are Rock Stars, and we are happy you felt the VIP rock star status from your arrival to your departure! From your beautiful suite to the views at sunrise and from the restaurants to the beach, that’s rock n´ roll!
It is reassuring to hear that the staff did an awesome job, we appreciate the great comments about so many of them, we will let them know they rocked your world! The staff is the heart and soul of our resort and they work hard to make our dear rockers feel like diamonds!
We hope you come back soon to hang out with the band, here at your favorite stage: Hard Rock Hotel Cancun
SAVE THE PLANET

Juan Rivera
Hard Rock Hotel Cancun

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,584)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed April 16, 2013

My fiance and I took a pre-wedding vacation to relax before the big day and when we arrived to the hotel we had no idea what to do with ourselves. We went for drinks at the lobby bar and were lucky enough to run into the Enrique (who we later found out was the beverage manager, but was super approachable and not stuffy like some management can be). He was so helpful with suggestions for where to go and what to do. We had a blast and I'm not sure we would've had as great of an experience if it weren't for his help in finding the best restaurants and activities. Amazing how one person can set your whole experience. The hotel was amazing with it's ammenities and the location is great. We loved the pool bar too! We would reccomened it to anyone looking for a get-away!

1 Thank Drrachel86
Alex F, Customer Care Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Hello Drrachel86!! Wow! What an amazing review, it is so encouraging to hear your comments regarding your experience at our resort. Nothing rocks our world more than hearing that you enjoyed every moment of your vacation before the big day!!. Also it is nice to know that one of our staff members (Enrique) made the difference during your stay. we will pass your great comments to him.
We thank you one more time for recommending us and hope we can welcome you again soon.
Keep the good times rolling!!!
Angola, Indiana
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed from 4-6 through 4-14-13 and we loved it. If you cannot find something you like to eat here, there is something wrong with you, not the hotel!! We have two suggestions: Play more rock and roll music instead of hip hop. Do something about the slamming guest room doors. Wilberth at the swim up bar on the right as you go toward the pool is AWESOME and deserves a raise! Yolanda, our maid, kept both our rooms spotless and she left us beautiful towel sculptures. We will return!

Room Tip: You definitely need a room on the 4th floor or higher. Our rooms were on the lagoon side and were ju...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank MojoHuntress
Alex F, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Hello mojohuntr:

We thank you for your wonderful review of Apr/16/13, it took us a while , but we are getting back to you now.

Your original reports were notified to our management staff for its follow-up , allow me to inform me you that our doors have been provided with special ptrotectors in order to avoid the door slamming noise.

We hope to have again the opportunity of hosting you and providing you with the rock star treatment that you deserve.

Keep on rocking !!
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed April 16, 2013

My family and I vacationed to Cancun for the first time this year over our child's spring break from school. We had heard how "family-friendly" the hotel is and how entertaining a place it could be for all ages. I have to agree. There were great restaurants to choose from (The Brazilian Restaurant was my personal favorite-great flavors!) and most of the staff was very friendly. My family's favorite bartender, Angel, took great care of us! Always pleasant and providing us with creative drink options, including non-alcoholic ones. Unfortunately, among all of the fun we were having dancing on the pool deck and interacting with friendly people, the only low point took place while my husband and I were having drinks at the hotel lobby bar. After experiencing great customer service all day out on the pool deck, I noticed someone who looked like a manager (not sure of his name but he was the only one wearing red shoes) acting obnoxiously rude to staff members in front of hotel guests. My husband and I own a business and we always pick up on how well or how poorly staff can get along. This particular gentleman was clapping at the staff and talking harshly to them, ruining the atmosphere for a couple of people. I first took notice of him when I asked him if I could have a drink menu and he responded to me very rudely, then instructed the bartender to take care of me. Aside from this man who doesn't seem to really fit in the business of customer service, we found the hotel to be a wonderful place to vacation and hope to visit again soon! Thank you Hard Rock for allowing my husband, my child and myself a fun trip to remember!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Debbie C
Ridgewood, New Jersey
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Spent a great time with the family at The Hard Rock. The whole family loved it. The kids loved all the action at the pool and the beach was great. Staff was fantastic. Key is to use the consg. Most of the time folks don't want to bother. Don't miss the bfast buffet.... It is awesome!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Matt1894
angel_angeles, CUSTOMER CARE at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Great Matt1894, thanks for sharing your review with us, having a great time with the family and get spoiled by our great staff and concierges, we are pretty sure you receive the V.I.P. pass in the Buffet one of our many restaurants, let us know when is your next visit at the Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, to prepare once again and Epic Holiday.
LOVE ALL – SERVE ALL
Rimouski, Canada
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We were in Hard Rock Hotel Cancun for 7 days and it was awesome. I was worried about the noise at night but really, those beds are so comfy I slept like a baby through all nights and the noise stops pretty early. Big up to Gonzalo, the pool barman he was really caring and the entertainment team is the best, they kept us busy in the pool which was fun. The hotel is reeeally clean and the staff is great. The location is perfect and I have no words for this beach. Check the pictures!

Room Tip: Far from elevators and on upper levels (fight for it, it's worth it)
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Laura-Lise B, thank you for sharing your excellence review, 7 days of fun, beach, drinks and more… Woow you know the ways of a Rockstar; it is good to know that you have a nice and long noise free nights; we will pass your mention to Gonzalo and the Entertainment team, We are always working to give clean rooms to all our guest on time and in addition the location of the hotel and the majestic beaches of the Caribbean, is to Live a Rockstar Experience; proof of this live style are your Superb pictures you share with us..
TAKE TIME TO BE KIND
ontario
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I'm going to be as thorough as possible because I read these reviews for months in preparation of going and wanted as much detail as possible.

We had a quick 20th anniversary trip from April 9-13. It's my first trip to Cancun and I'm a hotel snob (I like NICE hotels and a high level of service).

Our direct flight landed on a Tuesday at around noon. I had pre-booked our roundtrip hotel transfers with USA Transfers ($55 for 2 people roundtrip to our hotel - I booked this online). They gave excellent instructions on how to avoid the wierd timeshare hallway you must pass in order to leave the hotel. They were easy to find outside and had a shuttle for just the 2 of us there within 10 minutes.

Checkin was fast. It took less time to check in than to drink the lovely cool drink they serve. Of course our room was not ready but they give you your wristband and you can go and change in the gym restrooms and then check your luggage with them for the day. I booked a Gold level room (1 up from a standard room) and planned on asking to use my resort credits to upgrade. They gave me an oceanview room with a king bed which looks like it is considered Platinum at no charge - I'm not sure anyone was getting a resort upgrade.......I saw many ask and none seemed to get any higher level of room.

Our room was lovely. Room 580 and it was around the side which means it was away from the main elevators but right in front of another rarely used elevator on the spa side (perfect). THere is a fairly good sized bottle of shampoo and 2 shower/bath gels but no conditioner or lotion. The hairblower is the small travel kind - I would have brought my own if I knew this. It overheated and kept catching my hair so if you have long hair, you may want to bring your own. I wasn't a fan of the bars of soap either and wished I had brought a moisturizing bar. Lighting in the bathroom vanity area wasn't great - very dim. I had to do my makeup by the pati doors to get some light. Lots of towels - nice big bath ones. We never used the tub in our room since we were usually waterlogged by end of the day. Bed has wonderful linens but they are HARD - which I love but I can see why some don't like them. Your patio door must be closed and locked to keep the air on - it turns off when the doors are open. Your lights all work off one main switch at the entrance of the room. Make sure to have this on if you want light in the bathroom at night (LOL). There is also a switch to press if you want the room attendant to come and clean or if you don't want them to come. We pressed this as we left in the morning to go to the pool and our room was cleaned by 11am every day! The AC works amazing.....our room was nice and cold....though quite damp from the contrast of humidity outside. Many complain of the noise. We heard a few 3am partiers coming home but nothing excessive or disruptive. the doors do bang very loudly when they close - they should fix this. And the halls are loud but our bed was set back from the door behind the bathroom so really no complaint.

The staff are unbelievable. They are working outside in boiling hot sunny weather all day, fully clothed, and always smile and accommodate your request. The person doing the barbecuing all day needs a medal! You do not pass anyone without them greeting you with Hola! I'm not sure I heard any staff say "no" my entire trip.

The pool chair game really is nuts! I had read about it beginning at 6am and thought it was an exaggeration but it isn't! There are people putting out towels while it is still dark out! This really only goes for the front row of chairs along the pool. There were plenty of seats elswhere at around 10am - and the beach had lots but guessing that is becuase of the wind. There are extra chairs stacked and tucked away and so if you ask for one, you will most likely get one - the same goes for umbrellas. So if you want poolside - be out there 6:30am latest! There are 2 very different sides to this pool - the party/entertainment side, and the family/quiet side (by the spa). The loud side will have diffderent activities all day every hour from excersising to water volleyball to trivia to bands.........we also found the guests on this end of the pool to be younger, more drunk and louder. But we were 2 adults ready to party so we stayed on this side of the pool as the entertainment staff were fantastic!

The 3 upper pools were dead and I never saw them used for anything. I had seen pictures where one was a kiddie area but that is gone and there is a whole separate building and pool area for little kids at the front of the resort. As for teens, I might have counted 10 total while we were there and they played water and beach volleyball but there really isn't much for teens to in their own space. For many reasons, I really find this to be more of an adult resort.......there was excessive drinking at the pool bar (the bartenders often lining up shots for any who want to participate), many amorous couples (which we were), and the demographic seemed to be 25 years old +. We saw no evidence of watercraft (though the winds were very high making the surf very wavy). The beach was lovely and there are lifeguards. Temperature of the pool was perfect.

ENtertainment - well, the daytime entertainment is fantastic. I loved the rock band on Wednesday, the Entertainment team were so much fun every day, but beyone the nightime show....that's about it. I had read that they make a restaurant into a dance club after 10pm but this did not happen at all while we were there. In fact, the entertainment staff encourage you to go to the local dance clubs/bars at night. On Friday night they were selling tickets to Coco Bongo to travel with the entertainment team in a shuttle, at a private table to the club and back. Great fun for the younger crowd but we were in bed by 11pm every night. We checked out the Wrestling show which was kind of wierd and not my thing - it was on the roof and way too windy. The MIchael Jackson show was amazing - holy man did that guy look like and old heavier version of Michael. They dance to a voice track so at least the singing is MIchael and the dancing is really good! We found the fire show boring. I'm sorry we were not at the resort for the 2 rock shows - we would have loved this - they are on Sunday and Monday night I believe. Due to lack of evening entertainment, the lobby bar can get PACKED by 9pm. And even the indoors are warm at this resort - no need for a sweater!

Food - loved ZEN and the Italian restaurant. Really didn't like Ipanema and did not try the Market or Frida for dinner. The Market was great for breakfast or mid-afternoon snack or icecream. Lunch was the best with choice of the oven pizzas, the poolside buffet, and the barbecue - all located out along the pool.

We only had $700 in resort credit and no interest to do any tours. Hubby had a massage which he loved. There are desks that you go to and book your resort credit activites - they have a whole binder of things to choose from. I saw tghe romantic dinner whcih really was just a dining area lit up on the beach - very windy and there were at least 20 tables so not very private.

We weren't there long enough and I only realized there was a kodak desk on the second last day. Go there and get a schedule for photo activities each day. There was a spider monkey one day, a toucan one day and an iguana. They drape the animals on you and take your photos. Great quality pictures and a fair price. You can also book a family photo shoot which I would do as there are some great locations to do this with amazing scenery.

I saw 2 weddings that looked magical! One had a full reception and dance at the pool patio one night. They set up a full bar, lighting, you name it.......it looked really fun!

I gave this resort 4 stars as I loved it but I can see why some might not give it a high rating. It isn't a quiet, cultural property but rather an awesome pool party with loud great music and tons of fun. Thanks for a rockin good time Hard Rock!

5 Thank palmickey