“Great experience!”

Ranked #9 of 182 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Our recent stay at Hardrock made us feel welcome special and pampered! The staff and customer service was second to none with a big shout out to Jacob the Mayordomo/Butler on the 12th floor! He was personable, professional, charming and great! He immediately got our needs met, reservations made, problems solved and was 110% helpful!! The food was delicious, the top shelf drinks excellent, the infinity pool is reason enough to go there with the 2 swim up bars and the overall experience makes us want to go back! They had excellent music with a band and dj near the pool as well! Spa, restaurants etc all great!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dslo
Jonathan D, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear dslo, we are thrilled that you had an amazing vacation and experienced a true rockstar service from Jacob, he will be very happy to hear that you thought his service rocked. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed the variety of restaurants, bars, entertainment activities and overall facilities that we have to offer, We look forward to welcome you again and roll out the red carpet for you many more times here at your favorite stage: Hard Rock Hotel Cancun.
ALL IS ONE.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,499)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Tulsa, Oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

We actually start our vacation at the Hard Rock Cancun on Saturday the 16th. This will be our third time at this resort-we are Palace Premier Members, but our first time since the Hard Rock switch. I'm concerned. We are taking my parents this year and are staying in a presidential suite. We have stayed in a presidential suite before and love it, however we prefer a higher floor as these rooms have larger balconies.
Upon speaking with a representative from Hard Rock reservations I learned we were assigned Room 0392. I am sure this room is lovely, but my husband wanted a higher floor because of the larger balcony.
So I call back and speak with Carlos at Hard Rock Reservations. He tells me that he can not switch my reservation even though there is availability on the higher floors-did I mention that we are Palace Premier Members!!. Carlos says that only Palace Premier can change our room. So I call Palace Premier and spoke with a different Carlos who then said I needed to speak with reservations and not Palace Premier and that he I also needed a different reservation number. SO I called reservations, and then was told that I needed to call the front desk-I had already done that, but let them transfer me. The lady at the front desk answered and I explained what I needed and she said that I needed to speak with a supervisor. SO I waited on line for a supervisor - who then picked up and hung up on me!!!
I called back to the US reservations for HRH Cancun and asked the representative Eloi to be transferred to the front desk to speak with a supervisor. He then gave me the run around and said I need to call another number to get what I needed.
I THEN SNAPPED.
I told him that I was done being transferred all over creation with everyone passing the buck and that I just wanted me room changed to another room-which they did have available.
He then transfers me to the front desk to a gentleman named LUIS.
Luis tells me that he can not change my room but that I can 'request' a different room but that it is only a 'request' and it is based on availability. Well no [---] sherlock. He was adamant about the fact that even though I am a Palace Premier VIP Member I can only 'request' a different room.
I can not tell you how angry I am right now!!
We took another couple last year who purchased through Hard Rock, and this year we are bringing my parents who could do the same. However, why would they do that with the run around I was just given??
What makes it even worse is that I couldn't even email their customer service because there is no email on the website whatsoever.
I will review again when we get back and give all the details as to the end of this saga.
Hopefully it has a happy ending.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
12 Thank Freddy4
Jonathan D, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Freddy4!! We would like to thank you for taking the time to send your comments and feedback about our resort; Feedback is extremely important to us as it helps us know how we are doing in terms of service and facilities for our Rockstars. Please accept our heartfelt apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced before your stay; this is certainly not the image we strive to portray at our Resort to our valued Members. We work very much in the training and supervision of the Call Center staff in order to deliver the Rock star treatment that you deserve.
We would like to have the opportunity to deck the stage out for you once more so we can exceed your expectations this time.
LOVE ALL SERVE ALL
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

If you like meat, this is your place. There are a few salads and vegetable side dishes, but the star of Ipanema is without a doubt the amazing cuts of meat served freshly cooked over skewers. Beef, lamb, chicken legs, even chicken hearts (try at least one, they might surprise you....) and salmon, you simply cannot go wrong if you're looking for a unique dining experience. Skewers are brought to your table and sliced fresh at the table. Although they offer several sauces and pepper salsas, you really don't need them if you enjoy the flavor of freshly broiled and barbecued meats. Highly recommended if staying at the Hard Rock Hotel, did not expect such high quality food and service at an all-inclusive. However, you may want to grab some vegetable sides at the nearby Market buffet, as Ipanema is all about the entrees. And whatever you do, do NOT skip the flame broiled pineapple at the end.....

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

I stayed here for a week in March. The service was great, the staff were very friendly (especially Marilu and Alejandra from concierge). I´d really recommend this place to anyone if they are coming to Cancun, you really do get the ´rockstar´ treatment here.

Room Tip: Any room is great in all honesty.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Jonathan D, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Hello Usman K, Greetings from your friends at the Hard Rock Hotel Cancun! Thank you for sharing with us your great comments about our resort, we are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your vacations and experienced a great service from our Concierge team.
We look forward to rollout the red carpet for you again soon here at the Hard Rock Hotel Cancun.
Dryden, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Just returned home from a week stay at the Hard Rock Cancun. The beach was absolutely beautiful, the resort was clean and nice, and the people were really friendly. I would give all of those items a 4 or 5 rating. I was VERY disappointed in the food, though, which is what brought this down to an overall 3 rating. The food was not good. For the price we paid, I expected much better quality food. Very disappointing. Will go back to Cancun but not to Hard Rock.

2 Thank Debbie P
Hi Debbie P thanks you for your review. We appreciate you provide us with your comments as we consider our dear rockers feedback the best way to improve our service. We are very happy to hear that you like our resort`s new style and our beach was up to your expectations. Concerning your comments about the food, we have 5 different restaurants to suit all tastes; we truly regret to hear that the culinary experience was not of your satisfaction in our specialty restaurants. You can be sure that your remarks on this regards have been shared with our Food and Beverage Manager in order to take the corresponding corrective measures to ensure our guests’ satisfaction.
We sincerely hope you give us the opportunity to change any negative perception you may have towards our service in a future visit, and give you the rock star treatment you deserve here at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun.
Bismarck, North Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Seven couples went to this renovated resort from February 1-8, 2013. This was our 5th time overall, but the previous times were while it was the Cancun Palace. We had high expectations as the Palace chain had always been exceptional. The newly renovated Hard Rock definitely met and exceeded our overall expectations! The new look definitely had the international "Hard Rock" theme you would expect from the lobby area thoughout the resort to include the themed rooms. Let me now get into further detail.

Setting up the reservations was a little complex as it seemed difficult to get the confirmation letters to be sent from Mexico City. After 3 phone calls we finally had our letters to show we had reservations.

Next we set up a few tours and some tee times and we have to give a big thank you to Dianely who is a valued employee and definitely knows how to treat the customer. Her reply e-mails were always timely and provided top notch service.

Ximena at the conceriege also exceeded our high standards and corresponded with us via e-mail to ensure all of us were assigned rooms and felt comfortable with our arrival. As a matter of fact, Ximena met us personally at the hotel upon arrival and escorted us to the check in which definitely was appreciated.

Check in was very smooth and we had to wait about 45 minutes for one of the rooms to be prepared, but that was pretty minor as there were drink stations set up where we could all get into vacation mode.

Restaurants:

Brazilian: The first night we ate at the Brazilian and we were all very impressed as this was a great change and a much better dining experience than the previous steakhouse. Carlos was our favorite here and he was a great server as well as entertaining us with his great sense of humor. Be prepared to be stuffed as there are somewheres between 11 and 15 different offrerings and at least half of them are EXCELLENT!

Zen: We ate here the next night and this was the unanimous vote as the groups favorite. Check in your group for the Tepanaki table and go to the ultra friendly bar where you can enjoy many libations and very good sushi. The show is great and the service and food are equaled. Our favorites here for waiters were Fernelli and Damian. Rene, a type of manager was always checking in to ensure we were having a great time.

Ciao: We were seated as a group of 14 in this restaurant thanks to Liz at the concierge. We had 2 servers and we enjoyed a five course meal with all the accompaniments and drinks you would recieve in any other 5 star Italian restaurant. This was a great chance for everyone to dress up and really get a lot of socialization in. Our favorite waiter here was Alejandro and he always retrieved anything we asked for, even if he ended up at another bar to get it.

Breakfast: The buffet had about every item you can imagine from fruit, to pastries to the omelete station where they would make just about anything fresh. Charlie was our favorite here and you can tell that he has been a long time valued employee. If you chose to order in room service, the food was always on time, hot and prepared as you would expect. A great option if you have to get going early to an excursion or play golf, etc.

Lunches: There was always a multi-cultural buffet set up from 11 until about 3 that was an excellent choice as they had so much variety. The wood stove pizza was as good as it gets.

Dinner Buffet: Great variety and the freshly made pasta and salmon were some of our favorites. Best wait staff here were Uriell and David. Uriell went out of his way and David was very attentive and always ensuring that we were being pampered.

Other amenities:

Spa: The spa has been redecorated and re-designed and it is a much more relaxing atmosphere. The therapists for the most part are excellent and our favorites were Liz and Marisol.

Members beach area: We spent a majoriy of our time here and Margarita and Martha took very good care of us. We rarely waited for any drinks, water etc. Margarita was the groups favorite and everyone looks forward to seeing her on future trips.

Pool and Pool Bar: Drinks were good and although at times you would wait a few minutes for drinks, they did their best considering that they had many customers at times. Edgar and Martin were the best here. The pool was refreshing but not cold and was a great place to cool off, drink, listen to music and party. The entertainment staff did a great job and Andy and Vicki should be mentioned by name.

Lobby Bar: Renovated with Hard Rock decor and just a great choice as to the layout, etc. There are ample areas to sit as a group or find a nice little nook to enjoy some quality time together. The wait staff was excellent and Angel was our favorite bartender.

Vacation Planners: Luis and Katy are very skilled and professional in their duties and will do everything they can to ensure you can use your resort credits, etc. Memo, a manager is a great asset to the hotel and went above and beyond to try and assist us with our unlimited golf schedule.

Overall, it was a great vacation at a great resort. The dining experience was as good as ever and the addition of top shelf drinks, great music and overall service will only make this hotel better.

Room Tip: Ocean view is a must and if you can use resort credits to gain concierge access those are credits we...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Dennis B
Dear Dennis B, We are happy that you had an overall great visit, and experienced the kindness and warmness that characterizes our collaborators at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun. Thank you too for spotlight the names of so many of our staff members, we will let them know they made the difference during your stay. We are pleased that you enjoyed your time in our restaurants and found Ciao, Zen and Ipanema to be your favorites. We are happy to know that you enjoyed the memorabilia and found the pizza by the pool great!
It is great that you took advantage of the resort credits and upgrade to a concierge level to make your rockstar experience even better.
Thank you for your great review and giving us a high score we know that many future rockers will be benefit from this. We look forward to see you again and have a blast here at the Hard Rock Hotel Cancun.
LOVE ALL SERVE ALL
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

newly renovated hotel, loved their infinity pool. all the restaurants that we tried were good (esp the Brazilian bbq restaurant). has easy access to beach, bus stations, etc. overall a very new modern hotel

2 Thank mkr0121
Jonathan D, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Hey mkr0121 thanks for the great review! It makes all of us here at the Hard Rock Hotel Cancun so happy that you had an awesome vacation! We are pleased that you found our resort great and that you liked our restaurants food; we will let our crew know that you thought their service rocked!
We look forward to welcome you again soon here at your favorite stage Hard Rock Hotel Cancun
ALL IS ONE