Hard Rock Hotel Cancun
galahotels.com
$817
$800
11,237 results
All reviewssmash barrock starzen restaurantrock sparock royaltylegendary membersmarket buffetfoam partyresort creditvacation plannersbrazilian steakhouseentertainment staffocean viewpresidential suitekids clubpool baramazing hotel
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Now, when we decided to stay here, it was palace resorts family friendly hotel. Unfortunately for us, it became Hard Rock Hotel by the time we went there for our vacation. I would not recommend people with small children to go to this hotel ever. Here is a list of things that went wrong:

1. The check-in took about an hour. Imagine that after a long flight with two small kids.
2. They tell me that the booking had been done for one person. I actually had a print out showing that it was done for two adult and two kids with a request for a crib.
3. There was no crib when we got to the room.
4. They give you $1500 resort credit, but every place has a restriction on how much resort credit you can use (including the spa). So, you can never really use the credits without spending a lot more money. I guess that is the idea!
5. The food in the restaurants is pretty okay. The only plane that had a little better food was the Japanese place. But, it gets booked up pretty quickly.
6. There was loud music playing outside every night. So, if you want to sleep early, forget about it.
7. The room next door had the door smashed by some drunk person!
8. When we got to our room, our lock was not working. We had to call someone to come and drill a proper hole (my husband had to end up doing it as the guy had no clue) to fix the lock.
9. To top it all, all three families (we had a family reunion of sorts there), had people who developed some kind of stomach bug and threw up the whole night (the night we got back home). I am sure it was not something we ate outside the hotel, as we all left at different times and to different destinations.

Overall, I can't tell you how unhappy we were with our stay there.
The only good thing was the pool and the beach, which I am sure every hotel there has.

Room Tip: Please do not stay here.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
14  Thank jh25
Alejandro M, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Hi jh25, Thank you for your comments and observations about our resort. We appreciate your feedback.
Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay;
Regarding your check-in, we understand that after a long flight you do not want to wait for your room, and we are sorry your vacations started off on the wrong foot, we always try to make our check-in a breeze and occasionally times could increase a little more; And about the music we always try to please all of our dear rockers and we apologize if that caused any nuisance during your stay, we always are working to keep our rockstar vibe and also provide a relaxing atmosphere to our guests to just lay back and enjoy the astonishing beach and the relaxing sound of the Caribbean sea, we are continually improving in this area and we hope you give us the opportunity to show you our improvements and give you the true rockstar experience in a future visit.
ALL IS ONE

Reviewed January 7, 2013

This was an increadibly memorable trip for the family! We were 15 people (all family or soon to be) celebrating 2 birthdays, 1 engagement and New years. Hard rock was without a doubt the best choice. We had a great experience with Susy HR event planner for the engagement. Everything that the groom to be requested was done and organized down to the details. Service was excellent and food was great. We organized group trips inside and outside the hotel and everything was done in time and very profesional. What can I say about the entertainment it is Hard Rock!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank IFUJ
Alejandro M, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Hi IFUJ, thank you for your comments, sounds like you all have a blast, celebrating 2 birthdays, 1 engagement and New years, wow sounds like so much fun, and we love that you choose our resort to be the stage of this memorable occasion, we thank you again and we look forward to welcome you again. Keep on rocking!!

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I must say this was the best all inclusive hotel I have ever stayed at! The pools and grounds are amazing and the beach is the most beautiful sight I have ever seen! the ocean is clear blue, which not all of cancun has that..only the hotels in the hotel zone have that beautiful beach, so if anyone is reading this and cares about the beach make sure to ask your travel agent if the beach on your hotel is good. the pool is an infinity pool so it is very cool, when you come down the stairs towards the pool area you see a blue pool with the clear blue ocean as a backdrop. The food is excellent many options to choose from, they do not have a hard rock cafe though. the rooms are very nice, but honestly we did not even enjoyed the jacuzzi, who wants to be in cancun in a room? Miss this hotel sooooo much!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank 30196Jens

Hi 30196Jens thank you for your posting, it’s great that you advise our future rockers to seek an amazing beach as ours, we know many will find your review useful, we look forward to welcome you again in the future here at your favorite stage: Hard Rock Hotel Cancun. keep on rocking!!

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Me and my boyfriend (21 and 23 years old) visited the Hard Rock hotel the 12th - 20th December 2012, and we didn't want to leave. A week was by no means long enough and would advise anyone to stay longer. On our arrival we were greeted with champayne and a beautiful flower, immediately the staff couldn't do enough for you.

We stayed on the 12th floor and the view was magnificent. We had butlers who also couldn't do enough. We asked for chocolates, strawberries and vodka and it was left in our room. The rooms were so clean and the maids never disturbed us.

The jacuzzi in the room was broken at first, however the butler immediately sorted this problem and we enjoyed a week of bubbles. We came in one night, the jacuzzi was covered with rose petals, floating on the water. The bed was also covered in rose petals shaped in a heart with small chocolates inbetween, it was such a wonderful suprise.

The pool was gorgeous, and only a few steps away from the beach. Service was prompt, as soon as you finished a drink, you were given another without asking. The swim up bar staff were friendly and entertaining.

This hotel was a mixture of families and couples (young and old).

The restaurants were superb and again the service was amazing. Our fav restaurants were the Brazzilian and Italian (Zen). They catered for everyone, and offered a wide variety of food.

You are given resort credit with this hotel, which they call "funny money," this includes the spa treatments, which again was amazing. We were both given the best full body massage we have ever had. You can also swim with Dolphins with this resort credit, which i would reccommend to anyone, it was an amazing experience! There was also a romantic meal on the beach, we were served steak and lobster with champayne and cocktails.

Usually I always have something to complain about, but this hotel could not be faulted. It was simply superb and amazing! We already want to go back...

Room Tip: Deluxe room with lagoon view
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Charlotte J
Alejandro M, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Hi Charlotte J, thank you for the rockin´ review!! We love hearing that you have a blast at our resort, and appreciated the amenities our staff kindly set up to our dear rockers making of your vacations an unforgettable memory.
We look forward to welcome you again and roll out the red carpet for you here at the Hard Rock Hotel Cancun,

Reviewed January 5, 2013

We just got back from a New Year's trip to the Hard Rock. For those of you who have stayed at Cancun and Riviera Maya all-inclusives before, you will be pleasantly surprised by the much higher-quality service and food here at the Hard Rock. I certainly was. I have found that at many other resorts I've gone to in Mexico, I have had to spend most of the first day just figuring things out bacause no one tells you anything. Not here. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. They were all fluent in English and Spanish and gave me all the information I needed and more, with smiles on their faces. In particular, ask for Jhonny (not a misspelling) the bellboy. He is awesome and will help you with anything you need.

As I said, I found the food surprisingly good for an all-inclusive. The Market is the main buffet, open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Again the service there is excellent. We rarely had to wait for someone to come over and offer us drinks and refills. They have a really nice area outside. My son spilled his chocolate milk and at least five employees came over to clean it up and ask us if he wanted a replacement.

The other restaurants are open for dinner. No reservations are needed, you just go. The only exception is Zen, the Japanese restaurant. If you want to sit at one of the hibachi tables there, go early (like 5:30) to put your name on the list for one of the tables for later. Otherwise you'll be seated at one of the regular tables. Even at the regular tables the Japanese food is quite good. I also liked Frida, the Mexican restaurant. Others really liked Ipanema, the churraschuria, but I wasn't as wild about that one due to the quality of that kind of food you can find in major cities in the US. Ciao, the Italian restaurant, was really popular and the food was fine (order the bouilliabase), but not as good as some of the others.

The pool area is very clean and beautiful and someone comes by frequently to bring drinks. The only hassle there is similar to most other resorts in the area--most chairs are taken by those who "reserve' them with their towels, hats, etc. early in the morning and then go back to bed. I found that if I asked an employee they were very helpful at finding me an open seat since I did not want to play that reserving your chair game.

The beach is very clean and nice. Most of the beach area in Cancun is like the one at the Hard Rock where there is the ocean, a bit of sand, and then a ledge of sand above it with lounge chairs. It's awkward having to climb up and down this ledge but this seems to be the standard in the area.

The rooms were really big and nice and clean. The big down side to the room was what others have written--the doors slam really loudly and there is a big echo in the hallways so you hear doors slamming and people in the hallways a lot. I would recommend booking early and trying to get a suite so that your bedroom is further away from the hall. But the room was large and had a really big, beautiful balcony, and was cleaned very well daily.

So, this is one of the best resorts I've stayed at in Cancun and I'll definitely return.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite as far away from the elevators as possible.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Rebecca K
Alejandro M, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Greetings from your Cancun friends! Rebecca K, Wow!, thank you very much for your amazing and detailed review.
We are overjoyed to know that you felt the charming atmosphere of our resort and feel the exceptional service provided by our staff, we always try to provide a service that is at the height of the most famous Rock Stars.
We are so pleased reading your excellent comments about our restaurants, the pools and the beach. About your comments on the echo in the hallways we have shared them with key people in our organization for further review.
We look forward to see you every year and be part of our family!! The Hard Rock Hotel Cancun crew stands up and we say: for those about to rock, we salute you!!
Rock the show!!!