“Great hotel. Great location.”

Hard Rock Hotel Cancun
Ranked #9 of 181 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
Falkirk, United Kingdom
“Great hotel. Great location.”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

We arrived around 6pm after a delayed flight and checked in (Nov 26th - Dec 3rd) quickly following private transfer from the airport. Bags were taken off to the room while we were met with champagne and cool face cloths. We immediately used resort credits to upgrade to ocean view room. We asked for King Size but only 2 x Doubles available, and no Concierge Level rooms left either. Luggage arrived at room minutes after us and we got a tour of the room by the bell boy. Room was lovely and modern but still not convinced about the jacuzzi (we had same at Moon Palace previously but the room seemed bigger and had a better lay out to accommodate the jacuzzi) esp. based on the room layout. Minor gripe about the room - we had a room with an adjoining door and not sure if this was a contributing factor or if there would have been any difference without it, but we could hear next door brushing their teeth every morning at 7am !! Overall it wasn't too noisy but there was the occasional idiot being loud in the corridor during the night. Our view from the room (846) was spectacular.
We also approached the hosts promoting the resort credits and as well as the room upgrade we booked the Romantic Meal and 2 x Spa Treatments. There was no hassle or harassment and they were easy to spend.
The pool area is great and not too loud or wild despite some others reviews, however we always went to the beach which is just superb. The sand, the sea and the views are just stunning. The waitress service on the beach was also great and there was always plenty of towels and sun beds available.
Every morning we went to the Market Buffet restaurant for breakfast and the selection was superb as was the service. We also dined he for lunch on occasions as well as using the pool side bar / restaurants. All great food and service. At night we ate mainly in Ciao, the Italian where the food and service were superb. Special mention to Luiz (Pollo) who also turned up on our last day lunch at The Market Buffet. We also went to Zen and Impanema where standards were also high.
The are several shops including the Hard Rock Merchandise shop, jewellery shop and a convenience store. We used the store once to buy some chocolate / sweets and found it was considerably cheaper outside the hotel at the malls.
The location of the hotel is great, about 20 mins from the airport and approx. a mile from the Luxury Avenue Mall and La Isla Shopping. A short bus ride takes you to the area with the clubs etc (8.5 pesos each).
Check out was efficient and as we were not getting picked until later we were afforded a card to allow us to continue to use the hotel facilities.
All in all a great hotel in a great location.

Room Tip: Use your resort credits to upgrade to high ocean view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank TartanTeddyBear
Alejandro M, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Hello TartanTeddyBear! Thank you very much for your great and very detailed review, we are sure many future rockers will benefit from your notes, we are pleased that you found our resort great, from the check-in, greeted by the staff with champagne and face cloths, the restaurants, food, romantic dinners, to the check out, that is the true Rockstar experience!
Hope we can welcome you again soon here at your favorite stage Hard Rock Hotel Cancun

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,536)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Southern California
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I had two other reviews for this hotel and even though this has been Hard Rock for more than a year, apparently TripAdvisor removed reviews to give Hard Rock a fresh start, but regardless if its Cancun Palace or Hard Rock, this place will always hold a special place in my heart, when we return, if those employees that make us keep coming back are not there, then we will probably have to look elsewhere because yes, the resort is phenomenal in our eyes but the staff is really what makes us want to return, they have become part of our family. On to my review...

My husband and I arrived on July 1, 2012 and departed July 10, 2012. We had just visited November 2011 so everything was pretty similar but you could see now the major renovations going on. Check in was at the side of the building and went very smooth, we arrived around 1pm but we were able to eat lunch and we quickly went to look for our favorite people. Cesar and Jairo at the bar, you will never go wrong if you go with these guys! I had booked a manicure/pedicure appointment back home so we wouldn't run into booking problems when we arrived, so we did that on our first day, they had converted a floor in the hotel dedicated to spa services which you could imagine was very inconvenient but we didn't mind, we still enjoyed running into familiar employee faces in the hallway. Our room was just what we asked for, Concierge level and it did not disappoint, if you could get this room, we highly recommend it, best view and best service, we've requested this view every time we come! Elevator service was extremely horrible especially because we were on the top floor and it was just terribly slow and especially hot inside!

Our days have always consisted of having breakfast at El Mercado/Ciao (Thanks to Hector Enrique, Luis Manuel and Jovana Janet for being the best!), laying out at the beach, having lunch by the pool, hanging out at the swim up bar (Thanks to Cesar, Angel, Alex, Jairo, Hipolito, Clara, Suleyma, and Angel de Jesus), and then going to dinner which was always Zen! We would bypass the tables and sit at the bar because this has been and continues to be our favorite place to hang out, meet new people and interact and have fun with the employees! (Thank you immensely to Miguel, NICANOR, Isidro, Eleuterio, Gregorio, Carlos Manuel, Francisco, Juan Carlos, Julio Cesar, Julio Adrian, Jose Carlos, Miguel Angel, Everardo, Humberto, and Johnathan) Each and every one of these guys contributed in their own way to make our stay memorable and we like to take the time to write down and remember their names because they get so little recognition and this is the least we could do to not only never forget about them, but hopefully they know how important they are to creating an environment that is welcoming and all of them sincerely just want everyone to have a good time and enjoy their vacation and they have bent over backwards creating us special meals, bringing us food from the other restaurants, surprising us with awesome details and words will never express the gratitude we have and hopefully they know that they are the reason we continue to spend good money to return! Then at night we'd hang out at the lobby bar (Thanks to Claudia for always making us laugh!!) We would hang out there or just take a visit to the beach and wait for the turtles to come out at night which is an awesome experience if you have the opportunity! We were lucky enough to meet the head chef of the resort, Angel Ignacio and he allowed us to tour the kitchen which was so amazing because we had been here so many times and felt like it was our home that going to the back and seeing the kitchen and all the behind the scenes was GREAT! And thank you to Nelson, the Sommelier, your wine expertise is like no other and we enjoyed hearing about all the wines, he is one of the sweetest and most sincere men you will meet!

We really have no complaints about Hard Rock. We were there at probably the peak of renovation and even that did not stop us from having a good time, sections were closed, a part of the Mexican restaurant was being constructed, the Brazilian steakhouse had just opened and there was a terrible smell of smoke everywhere, painters were everywhere on site, the spa opened up during our stay and I wasn't too impressed but but hopefully by now they have straightened out all the kinks, and even so, we will still give anything to return ASAP! Hopefully on our next trip will be even better!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank VargasDu0
Alejandro M, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
HI VargasDu0, thank you very much for your very sweet review; It is so reassuring to hear such warm and touching comments about the staff, and it´s invaluable to hear that our staff made your holiday unforgettable. Rest assured that we will pass your comments to each and every one of them; we know they will appreciate them.
And on behalf of the entire crew at the Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, we thank you for choosing us and become part of our family.
Even though by the time of your last visit we were in the middle of our transition, we are glad to hear that this did not affect your overall vacations and you had a great time and enjoy every last drop of what the resort and its staff has to offer, and for that we thank you. We are glad to tell you that the resort is finished, all areas are fully operational and we want you to see our brand new look.
We hope to welcome you again soon and have a blast here at the Hard Rock Hotel Cancun.
TAKE TIME TO BE KIND
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed December 6, 2012

This is a great place for couples or friends. The hotel is spotless, the service at all of the restaurants is impeccable, and the pool area is comfortable and clean. And there are even enough loungers!. One day, when all the loungers were taken, I asked a server, and he immediately went and brought out more loungers. Another time, the towel hut was not yet stocked in the early morning, and a server went and got us fresh towels. This is what service looks like.
The pool is wonderful, spacious and clean (but could be heated a bit). The beach is a bit of a drawback for me. The entry is rather steep, and the waves crashed red-flag the whole time we were there. Not really a beach for little ones. However, it is a great beach for sunbathing. There's a bar down beach side, and constant service offering anything you'd like to drink.
The rooms are spacious, about average for this snack-bracket, but they are beautifully clean and very elegant. I loved our room.
The food is very good. The buffets are hot and have plenty of selection. The A La Carte Restaurants are very generous, and service, as I said, is excellent. Go to the Zen. It's lots of fun. The Brazillian restaurant would be excellent for the carnivores amongst you. Don't miss the pizza brick oven at the pool.
In all, everything was great, and I am already on-line to see when we can go back.

Room Tip: We were in the cheapest rooms, and even they had a view of water. Don't be afraid to get the ch...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lynne C
Alejandro M, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Hola Lynne C! Thank you very much for your great and detailed review, we are sure many future rockers will benefit from your comments, we are pleased that you found our resort great and that you liked our restaurants food, we will let our crew know that you thought their service rocked!, we hope that in your next visit you can enjoy the beautiful Caribbean sea with no red flags this time. We look forward to welcome you again soon here at your favorite stage Hard Rock Hotel Cancun
Lyndhurst, New Jersey
Reviewed December 6, 2012

We went for a wedding for my best friend. 50 of us spent the week there. A ton of fun, everyone was really nice. If you go to the breakfast/lunch buffet deal with Charly. He was the best person that worked at the entire resort. He was very nice,helpful and was always waiting for us with a special table each morning. Mind you our group was mostly aged 21-40 so we were a bit rowdy most of the time. The last day we were there he gave us all a big hug and told us how much he would miss out group. I wish there were more people like him around in America, let alone another country.

Room Tip: The rooms are really nice, room service is great. Don't bother upgrading to ocean view, the lago...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Dan G
Hi Dan G, thank you for such a nice review, we will let Charly know about them, we are sure he will appreciate them, and you are more than welcome back to keep on rocking with our great staff here at your favorite stage, Hard Rock Hotel Cancun. Keep the good times rolling!
TAKE TIE TO BE KIND
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed December 5, 2012

We love this all inclusive resort for the (1) service, (2) location, and (3) amenities...particularly the spa. What keeps us returning to this resort is truly the warm and friendly service that we receive from all the staff. No request is ignored here...and it is a pleasure to tip the team because they are so appreciative....and not expected. The beach is absolutely beautiful and is the perfect place to watch the sunrise. There are plentiful food options here...and we met the head chef at a tasting dinner....and he is genuinely interested in the customer experience and satisfaction of each guest. Definitely recommend to all who want a great vacation!

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank AMA__11_09
Hi AMA__11_09, thank you very much for your kind comments about our staff, they surely appreciate them, we love hearing when our dear rockers like the food and the great service from our Chefs. And that you could enjoy the sunrise at the beach in front of the beautiful Caribbean turquoise sea.
We look forward to see you again at the Hard Rock Hotel Cancun.
SAVE THE PLANET
minessota
Reviewed December 4, 2012

this hotel is very nice! the rooms are very spacious with jacuzzi. the service is amazing, I do not know if I should credit the hotel for it or the mexican people whom I found to very friendly and courtous. the food is good, nothing amazing though. in my opinion the best was the buffet, yes the Buffet, because they have a variety of food that satisfied the picky eaters in my group. The decor in the resort is great, I loved the classic rock memorabilia around the lobby. the beach is AMAZING!!! clear blue waters and white sand, I honestly have not seen such a beautiful beach in my life, some guests told me that the beach at punta cana is even better, guess will have to see….. Highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: ocean view room, worth ever dollar!!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank john r
Hello john r, Thank you for the short and sweet review. We love to hear that our staffs made you feel like a rockstar! And thank you for recommending us! We hope to welcome you again soon. Keep on Rockin’! TAKE TIME TO BE KIND
New York
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at the Hard Rock Hotel Cancun only a few weeks ago.

As a mother of two, I was not sure if this was the right choice for a my family vacation. However, my husband insisted in visiting the new Hard Rock. So, off we went... My first impression was WOW, the lobby was stunning and the staff extremely friendly. They greeted me with a nice cocktail and set me up in my room.

The room was very nice. I was not excepting to find a jacuzzi in my room but lucky me; there it was. The first night we went down for an authentic Asian dinner, the children had a great time as the chef flipped the chicken in the air in tepaniaky style.

The next morning, I was ready to relax and hit the pool. I was torn between bringing the kids or dropping them off at the kids club. I am usually very suspicious of these clubs and feel guilty leaving my boys behind. However, one step into the club and my 6 year old Nathan, went bananas. Standing in the middle of the club was Bob The Builder!! This is not your ordinary club, I believe it is called Little Big Club and it offers activities with Barney, Thomas The Train and a little mouse Angelina.

All in all, this was a great vacation. The kids and I had a great time. We tanned, relaxed and ate like kings. I love the all inclusive! I truly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Go for the ocean view!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Jennifer R
Alejandro M, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear Jennifer R, thank you for sharing your review of your family vacation! Here at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun we welcome every one of all ages to our property to experience the best vacations ever! We are so happy that your kids loved our Kids Club; we want to make sure that all members of the family have fun on vacation. We are glad to hear we entertained you at Zen during your oriental dinner! We can’t wait to be your hosts once again on your next vacation!
SAVE THE PLANET