“Great hotel for adults!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hard Rock Hotel Cancun
Ranked #10 of 181 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
“Great hotel for adults!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

This is a great place for couples or friends. The hotel is spotless, the service at all of the restaurants is impeccable, and the pool area is comfortable and clean. And there are even enough loungers!. One day, when all the loungers were taken, I asked a server, and he immediately went and brought out more loungers. Another time, the towel hut was not yet stocked in the early morning, and a server went and got us fresh towels. This is what service looks like.
The pool is wonderful, spacious and clean (but could be heated a bit). The beach is a bit of a drawback for me. The entry is rather steep, and the waves crashed red-flag the whole time we were there. Not really a beach for little ones. However, it is a great beach for sunbathing. There's a bar down beach side, and constant service offering anything you'd like to drink.
The rooms are spacious, about average for this snack-bracket, but they are beautifully clean and very elegant. I loved our room.
The food is very good. The buffets are hot and have plenty of selection. The A La Carte Restaurants are very generous, and service, as I said, is excellent. Go to the Zen. It's lots of fun. The Brazillian restaurant would be excellent for the carnivores amongst you. Don't miss the pizza brick oven at the pool.
In all, everything was great, and I am already on-line to see when we can go back.

Room Tip: We were in the cheapest rooms, and even they had a view of water. Don't be afraid to get the ch...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lynne C
Alejandro M, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Hola Lynne C! Thank you very much for your great and detailed review, we are sure many future rockers will benefit from your comments, we are pleased that you found our resort great and that you liked our restaurants food, we will let our crew know that you thought their service rocked!, we hope that in your next visit you can enjoy the beautiful Caribbean sea with no red flags this time. We look forward to welcome you again soon here at your favorite stage Hard Rock Hotel Cancun

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,475)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Lyndhurst, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

We went for a wedding for my best friend. 50 of us spent the week there. A ton of fun, everyone was really nice. If you go to the breakfast/lunch buffet deal with Charly. He was the best person that worked at the entire resort. He was very nice,helpful and was always waiting for us with a special table each morning. Mind you our group was mostly aged 21-40 so we were a bit rowdy most of the time. The last day we were there he gave us all a big hug and told us how much he would miss out group. I wish there were more people like him around in America, let alone another country.

Room Tip: The rooms are really nice, room service is great. Don't bother upgrading to ocean view, the lago...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Dan G
Hi Dan G, thank you for such a nice review, we will let Charly know about them, we are sure he will appreciate them, and you are more than welcome back to keep on rocking with our great staff here at your favorite stage, Hard Rock Hotel Cancun. Keep the good times rolling!
TAKE TIE TO BE KIND
Phoenix, AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

We love this all inclusive resort for the (1) service, (2) location, and (3) amenities...particularly the spa. What keeps us returning to this resort is truly the warm and friendly service that we receive from all the staff. No request is ignored here...and it is a pleasure to tip the team because they are so appreciative....and not expected. The beach is absolutely beautiful and is the perfect place to watch the sunrise. There are plentiful food options here...and we met the head chef at a tasting dinner....and he is genuinely interested in the customer experience and satisfaction of each guest. Definitely recommend to all who want a great vacation!

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank AMA__11_09
Hi AMA__11_09, thank you very much for your kind comments about our staff, they surely appreciate them, we love hearing when our dear rockers like the food and the great service from our Chefs. And that you could enjoy the sunrise at the beach in front of the beautiful Caribbean turquoise sea.
We look forward to see you again at the Hard Rock Hotel Cancun.
SAVE THE PLANET
minessota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

this hotel is very nice! the rooms are very spacious with jacuzzi. the service is amazing, I do not know if I should credit the hotel for it or the mexican people whom I found to very friendly and courtous. the food is good, nothing amazing though. in my opinion the best was the buffet, yes the Buffet, because they have a variety of food that satisfied the picky eaters in my group. The decor in the resort is great, I loved the classic rock memorabilia around the lobby. the beach is AMAZING!!! clear blue waters and white sand, I honestly have not seen such a beautiful beach in my life, some guests told me that the beach at punta cana is even better, guess will have to see….. Highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: ocean view room, worth ever dollar!!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank john r
Hello john r, Thank you for the short and sweet review. We love to hear that our staffs made you feel like a rockstar! And thank you for recommending us! We hope to welcome you again soon. Keep on Rockin’! TAKE TIME TO BE KIND
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at the Hard Rock Hotel Cancun only a few weeks ago.

As a mother of two, I was not sure if this was the right choice for a my family vacation. However, my husband insisted in visiting the new Hard Rock. So, off we went... My first impression was WOW, the lobby was stunning and the staff extremely friendly. They greeted me with a nice cocktail and set me up in my room.

The room was very nice. I was not excepting to find a jacuzzi in my room but lucky me; there it was. The first night we went down for an authentic Asian dinner, the children had a great time as the chef flipped the chicken in the air in tepaniaky style.

The next morning, I was ready to relax and hit the pool. I was torn between bringing the kids or dropping them off at the kids club. I am usually very suspicious of these clubs and feel guilty leaving my boys behind. However, one step into the club and my 6 year old Nathan, went bananas. Standing in the middle of the club was Bob The Builder!! This is not your ordinary club, I believe it is called Little Big Club and it offers activities with Barney, Thomas The Train and a little mouse Angelina.

All in all, this was a great vacation. The kids and I had a great time. We tanned, relaxed and ate like kings. I love the all inclusive! I truly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Go for the ocean view!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Jennifer R
Alejandro M, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear Jennifer R, thank you for sharing your review of your family vacation! Here at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun we welcome every one of all ages to our property to experience the best vacations ever! We are so happy that your kids loved our Kids Club; we want to make sure that all members of the family have fun on vacation. We are glad to hear we entertained you at Zen during your oriental dinner! We can’t wait to be your hosts once again on your next vacation!
SAVE THE PLANET
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

Had a fantastic time at the Hard Rock Cancun! The staff was amazing! Food was fantastic! And the weather was beautiful! White sandy beaches and blue waters were breath taking!! Want to have a entertaining time go talk to Jovani!

• Stayed November 2012
4 Thank HollieWhittaker
Dear HollieWhittaker, We love your review! Thank you for sharing your thoughts on our property, food and staff! We will make sure to continue what we are doing so that our next vacationers will enjoy the Hard Rock Hotel Cancun as much as you did! We will be ready to roll out the red carpet when you return for another stay!
LOVE ALL SERVE ALL
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

The Hard Rock Hotel Cancun was so beautiful! We had a blast at Ipanema and the staff made us feel so welcome. The food at Frida was delicious, and I loved the 24 hour room service! We happened to be there during The Ultimate Rock and Roll Experience and it couldn't have been more fun! We took rock camp and I learned how to play the drums, plus there were awesome concerts every night. I met the guy who wrote 'Eye of the Tiger'! I would definitely go back, and I would definitely want to be there for another Ultimate Rock and Roll Experience!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Amanda S
Hey Amanda S, thanks for the great review! It makes all of us here at the Hard Rock Hotel Cancun so happy that you had an awesome vacation! We are so glad that our crew treated you like a Rock Star! It is very important to us to keep our Hotel clean and beautiful and to provide great food! We are happy to know you appreciated this. We can’t wait to see you on your next trip to the south!
TAKE TIME TO BE KIND