WINNER WONDERLAND

GreenLeadersGold level
Matthews, North Carolina
“Great Anniversary Vacation!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

My husband Keith and I traveled to HR Cancun the first week of November for our anniversary. What a blast! We had a great room, 10th floor, beautiful ocean view every morning. One of the more touching moments was viewing the "Day of the Dead" memorials that the staff members created in remembrance of their loved ones. Very personal and thankful they shared this special day with us.
Food was excellent, especially the Brazilian restaurant, ate there 3 times.
We concur with the other reviewers about Carlos at the pool bar, he is awesome and knows how to pour a great drink. Evelio and Ele are more great bartenders, very attentive. Whatever you do, make sure you eat a cheeseburger cooked by Jairo, WOW is all we can say!!
Spa services were great. I will return to HR Cancun specifically to get a manicure and pedicure from Esmeralda, best ever.
We met a lot of really nice people, working at the resort as well as fellow vacationers. GREAT TRIP, thanks! Keith and Jennifer Colson

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank JenniferZiccardi
Alejandro M, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Hi, JenniferZiccardi, we are speechless; it is very encouraging to hear that the service from our staff makes the difference and even more when our dear guests gives us this kind of feedback, we are passing your comments to the entire crew, they will definitely appreciate them. We hope to see you soon again here at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun. LOVE ALL SERVE ALL

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,372)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

This was my first time ever visiting Cancun and Hard Rock did not disappoint. My husband and I wanted a week vacation away from home and everything from checking in to the on-site restaurants were amazing. Great quality of food and wonderful variety of cuisines to pick from. The best part was that this Hard Rock is all-inclusive! Not once did we carry our wallets us. Amazing trip, I'm sure I'll be back soon with the kids!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sarah H
Hello Sarah H, Thank you for the short and sweet review. We look forward to have you back again with all the family and make you feel the Rockstar experience here at Hard Rock hotel Cancun! TAKE TIME TO BE KIND
wi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

we stayed 18 days, we are owners of a 90 unit hotel in US. the staff was unbelievable, gracious, informative and so attentive. we got out of the ocean and Martha Pech was there with refreshments and a smile that was so sincere and natural. Every day! Look her up when you get here. Oh and Carlos and Jairo at the swim up bar, Carlos is funny, inviting, and fast. Jairo made the best burgers and was so charming , he reminds me of santa... giving with a want to fullfill your best of dreams. And they all did. I was the rock star thanks to them. And because of the staff and Ricardo the entertainment hunk I will not stay anywhere else, EVER! Hat off to Hard Rock it does'nt get any better that this. BTW this is the 5th time in Mexico at an all inclusive. Didnt mention the room was fabulous, HK awsome, and the attention we recievedfrom our conciere's JJ and Jacob. They Rock !!! It all Rocks!! back to reality, boo-hoo

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank foster
Hello foster! Wow, What an amazing review. Thank you so much for mentioning so many of our collaborators, they will love to hear that you though their service Rocks!, and just knowing that you will stay every time with us, makes us really happy!, we can’t wait to welcome you again and roll out the red carpet for our true Rockstar!
Rock on!
ALL IS ONE
Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

My best friend and I stayed at the Hard Rock from Nov. 2-Nov.9. We chose the Hard Rock because we were looking to have a fun, party of a vacation. We found the reception upon arrival quick and easy but did not like having so much information thrust upon us regarding how to book tours, how to use our credit and especially the push to get us to do an ownership tour. However, once we declined our representative left us alone which we appreciated. Our room was really nice and clean and had plenty of space for two girls to store all of our clothes and shoes! We loved the pool and met a lot of people around the deck, at the swim up bar and in the pool. The food was very good, the buffet had a lot of variety, the Italian restaurant Ciao was delicious and I also liked the Mexican restaurant as well. All of the staff were very friendly and wherever we went there was someone who knew us by name and had whatever we needed ready to go. Specifically, Carlos at the swim-up bar, Jairo at the grill (he made us custom made sandwiches one day and then we just had to give him a nod and he would start making them for us every day after), Emmanuel and Jose at the Lobby Bar prepared all sorts of cool drinks for us to try and had us laughing constantly. Angel at the Ipanema bar and Joss the manager also made certain that we were taken care of. However, hands down the reason we loved the Hard Rock so much was because of the Entertainment Staff. They were awesome! They were funny, fun and very personable. They gave us a lot of great advice on where to go in the city on which nights and even organized for a group to go from the hotel to a certain club so that we would have table service, etc. As two single girls that was also a bonus because we were able to meet other people from the hotel and travel in a group. But seriously, Kevin (Monster), Alfonso (Poncho), Tony (Panda), Mau, Andy and Ricky were so fun and had us laughing every day-we loved them! All of the activities and contests they ran were very fun, and water aerobics was nothing like you see at the local YMCA. They also danced daily which was an added treat for the ladies! Also the entertainment staff played good music when they were out by the pool-any other time the music was a little lame (a complaint I also have about the lobby bar at night-played 80s music constantly) which surprised me as I felt there would be a more mix of good music throughout the ages. Being we were at the Hard Rock we expected there to be party music everywhere all the time and that was not the case which made us appreciate the outside pool music by the boys even more. Overall the hotel was very clean, the decor was modern and on trend and the curb appeal was beautiful! We are planning on going back in March to relive our awesome November experience!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Pam C
Alejandro M, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Hola Pam C, Great review, thank you for your great comments about so many of our staff members they surely will appreciate them, we are happy that you had a great vacation and that you could meet more people and had tons of fun this November. We look forward to see you again in March and roll out the red carpet and rock your next trip here at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun.
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

I checked in on the 3rd of Nov for 4 nights at Hard Rock Cancun. The lobby and front entrance look amazing! After a little glitch with out room, we got into our fantastic ocean view room on the 6th floor. The view was spectacular! The experience in the Asian rest at the cooking table was good as far as the food. I will say that the intoxicated man sitting next to me could have left earlier! We ate at the Italian rest the next night and it was okay, but I am a foody and so I am particular about my dining (it wasn't my favorite). THEN we found the Brazilian rest and everything changed! The hotel's Sommelier, (wine guy) was Nelson and he greeted us at the door and was most helpful to us. He advised us on some wine and then the food began. You wait... for that amazing food experience where the food just melts in your mouth - well we found it there. The last night we visited Nelson in the Asian rest but we sat a regular table and ordered off the menu. This food was also melt in your mouth amazing! Our waiter, Antonio (Speedy) and Memo (Guilermo) were absolutely fantastic! To have someone like Nelson to take us aside and pay that special attention to our food needs was great. The food by the pool and Mexican was wonderful but the experience at the Brazilian and Asian were over the top. Nelson Bouchot definitely made this a Rock Star experience for us!

Room Tip: I always go with Ocean View. That is why I stay at a beachfront property so I am not gonna skimp on...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank KathytravelRichards
Hello KathytravelRichards, We are pleased that you enjoyed your time in our restaurants and hear that you loved the Brazilian restaurant Ipanema . We love hearing when our staff members are Rock Stars. Thank you for taking the time to mention that Antonio and Memo were fantastic and that Nelson rocked your world! We hope to see you again soon here at the Hard Rock Hotel Cancun.
ALL IS ONE
Guadalajara, Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

My wife and i really enjoy staying here, very nice room, great location, excellent swimming pool areas, fine beach......food? Ok but could be better, especially the Mexican restaurant, if you are in Mexico you´d expect at least average mexican food; this was the worst in the hotel. You better try the Italian and the Asian. What went wrong?
The people at reception charged $1,000 pesos to my credit card by error. My stay was completely covered already, when cheking out they promised to re-fund the money but they haven´t.
I´ve been phonning them and they leave me hanging on the line, they just dont care. It´s not much money, but why should i gift it or waste it? I´m upset because they dont get responsible and dont resolve the matter. Now, when remember my vacation, dont remember the good time spent there, but this problem...mmmhhhhgggg!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank GUSTAVO V
Hola GUSTAVO V, We are truly sorry to hear that you left with a bad taste of your overall good vacations, let me take care of this for you and I am sending you my contact email address via private message to continue assisting you and resolve this matter at once. As result of these actions we are hoping to continue being reliable and customer responsive for our dear guests.
I remain at your service.
LOVE ALL SERVE ALL
Sarnia, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

This was my first trip to Cancun. We were greeted as soon as we arrived and check in was very simple. Our room was wonderful (even the lagoon view) and was very clean and modern.
We spent all day at the pool- which we will return to this resort for- the entertainment staff deserve a big appreciation for making our afternoons so much fun. Special thanks to Alfonzo (Poncho), Mau (Maurico), Andy, Kevin (Monster), Tony, and Ricky (Richardo)!
The pool activites were fun all the time and the entertainment staff were very fun!
The pool swim up bar in the entertainment pool had great staff- we loved Carlos, in particular who always made us feel special. We were further impressed by Jario who served the best BLT's!
Special thanks to Joss for making us feel comfortable and well taken care of.
We mostly ate at the buffet, didn't really enjoy the mexican place, and spent lots of time in the early evening at the lobby bar- where we were well taken care of by Josee and Emmanuel.
The music was all from the 80's at the lobby bar and that got boring after one hour- we recommend changing the music to more modern music.
The staff at the buffet were not wonderful and some days didn't even come to serve us drinks.
At night, the entertainment staff took us out to various clubs (Senor Frogs, Sweet, Daddy Os, and Coco bongos). This made the evenings just as much fun as the day time.
I would definately return to this resort, if the entertainment staff were still there- they certainly made our trip!

Room Tip: We actually enjoyed our lagoon side room- we had a large balcony.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Dana C
Hello Dana C . We love hearing when our staff members are Rock Stars. Thank you for taking the time to mention that the Entertainment team did great and to mention so many of them, we love to hear they rocked your world. We hope to see you again soon. Rock on! LOVE ALL SERVE ALL