“It's No Palace”

GreenLeadersGold level
Livonia, Michigan
“It's No Palace”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We just got back from Hard Rock Cancun last night. If you are Palace members it does not stand up to their standards. Some employees were rude, if you asked questions most employee's did not know the answer to it, even the concierge who is suppose to know did not. It is very noisy in the halls, doors slamming and if you have a adjoining room you can hear most everything. Also had our Ipad stolen after bellboy took our luggage to depart. They needed to take lessons from the Palace before changing over. Won't go back

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Karen F
Alejandro M, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Hola Karen F, Thank you for bringing this matters to our attention, we apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced during your stay, We are sending you via email our findings regarding your lost item, rest assured that we take all of our Members and Guests comments very seriously and based on such, we are taking action to correct any discomfort you may have experienced and we try to change your perception towards the Hard Rock Hotel Cancun and provide you with a true Rockstar experience.
Once again thank you for your comments and we will make you feel as you deserve.
LOVE ALL SERVE ALL

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,600)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Citrus Heights, California
Reviewed November 10, 2012

My wife and I travelled with friends to the Hard Rock , staying Oct 27- Nov 7. This was our first stay at the Hard Rock and we will definitely return. We had a minor problem checking in, as they did not have the rooms we were supposed to get, but we were moved to the correct rooms the following morning. All of the restaurants were exceptional and we never had a bad meal at any of them. Carlos, the poolside bartender, was awesome! He always had a drink ready for us and worked hard keeping up with the high volume of afternoon pool guests. Jairo, the poolside chef, was great! He kept us well fed at lunch time and made everything we asked for and made it well. Their boss, Enrique, came bye and talked to us regularly making sure we were happy. The activities directors, Kevin, Ricardo, and Mauricio, were great. They made sure there were activities throughout the day and did not pressure those who just wanted to relax into participating. Our rooms were clean and comfortable and the Oceanside views were spectacular. One minor complaint is the indoor bar has a dozen TV's and all but one plays the same music videos. I understand it is the Hard Rock and everyone loves watching music videos from the 80's, but I like American Football and would have preferred to watch a game or two. Overall the 10 days were relaxing and enjoyable .

Room Tip: Rooms on the southwest side of the hotel are best. They have a band and other activities toward the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
8 Thank tkrobson
Alejandro M, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Hola tkrobson, Thank you for you excellent review of our resort, it’s always great to know that our dear rockers have a great time and that loved our hotel, We are pleased that you enjoyed your time in our restaurants. We love hearing when our staff members are Rock Stars. Thank you for taking the time to mention that Carlos and Jairo rocked your world. We hope to see you again soon.
Rock on!
ALL IS ONE.
OR
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Scared of the rebranding? I think they're working out the kinks.

We are palace premier members and were skeptical of the new rebranding, but guess what--it's even better. The atmosphere, food, help. . .everything is better.

We recently returned from HRH Cancun for my husband's 50th with 9 other people. My husband and I stayed in the presidential suite room 972. We had a blast. The concierge, Deisie, called me the night we were leaving for Cancun to make sure that our airport transfers were complete. This woman is THE BEST.

After we all checked in, we got to our room and they had decorated the room for us with balloons, cake, banners, gift bags, flowers and champagne. It was wonderful. On the night of my husband's birthday, the executive chef planned a special menu and they delivered it to our room complete with cases of beer, margaritas, champagne and wine.

We spent the following 6 days being fully catered to by Lorenzo, Martha, and Saira--our friendly pool wait staff--Carlos the pool bartender, and Monster the activities director. Claudia and Emmanuel were terrific as well. They really know how to take care of people at the bar. Victor in the Italian restaurant was fabulous too. Adrian the membership liaison was wonderful. He made sure that all of our membership privileges were met and that we were able to enjoy our 1500 resort credits wisely.

The worst part was leaving. I love Hard Rock Cancun and am pleased with the way they've handled their rebranding.

Negatives: 1. no clue how it happened, but our room bill got accidentally added to our friends' room bill; 2. the front desk desperately needs a 1-800 number to call after something has been left at the hotel or something; 3. the airport transfers were not complete when we arrived [not Deisy's fault--I think Hard Rock was actually switching transfer companies that day]; 4. the "romantic lobster dinner' is not "great"--skip it; 5. no Moon Palace golf with resort credits :{ ;
6. VIP/Legendary Membership Beach Seating needs more lounges; The Jungle Tour was NOT 2 hours total--if you do it, plan to spend 4+ hours there; and 8. last but not least----THE PRESIDENTIAL SUITES REALLY NEED MAKEUP LIGHTING AND FULL LENGTH MIRRORS INSTALLED.

Otherwise another great product by Palace/HRH. I will go back every year forever. Thanks so much for making this trip fabulous.

Room Tip: Presidential Suite 972 has an enormous deck and the adjoining 975 has wonderful views.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank TFoster96
Hello TFoster96! Wow, What an amazing review. Thank you so much for choosing this stage to celebrate your husband’s 50th birthday. Nothing rocks our world more than learn you enjoyed every moment in our resort. It is so pleasant to know you loved the special dinner and our plenty of activities, Thank you too for spotlight the names of so many of our staff members, we will let them know they made the difference during your stay. regarding your room bills issue, it is now been worked on and should be ready very soon as now Management is looking into it, rest assured that we are taking care of this issue for you.
We would like to have the opportunity to roll the red carpet for you and your husband once more and provide you with the stupendous service that you already know. Keep the good memories!!!
LOVE ALL SERVE ALL
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I was able to be at the Hard Rock Cancun during its grand opening celebration and can't say enough amazing things about the resort. Every little detail was thought out from the music memorabilia around the resort to the song lyrics etched into the glass behind the bed "Dream On-Aerosmith"--cute.

The food was amazing, my favorite being the Brazilian steakhouse. The great thing was even after coming back from the lobby bar late night (live music, might I add) I could order room service super late night and the food was still fantastic.

Every time I needed something there was always a staff member nearby who was very gracious and going out of their way to help. Those people deserve medals because they work so hard at the Hard Rock and always have a smile on their face.

Also, having Wifi and long distance calls from the room included made it so much more convenient to checking email, calling home and rubbing it in that I was in Cancun.

Lastly, the entertainment was AWESOME. They have Flo Rida and Goo Goo Dolls perform for the Grand Opening celebration and it was a tried and true concert event/setup. Not only that, the daily entertainment staff were so fun and interactive (and not so bad to look at either).

I am already planning my trip back there and recommend the Hard Rock Cancun to anyone!!!

Room Tip: I would definitely upgrade to get ocean view. The view is beautiful and worth it!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank BBATL
Alejandro M, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Hola BBATL, Thank you for the rockin’ review! We love that you were part of the celebration at our Grand opening, and enjoyed the restaurants and the great room service to recharge batteries and be ready for tons of fun with the concerts and the excellent vibe at the lobby bar; you truly had the Rock star experience! We can’t wait to welcome you back and rock your world!!
Keep the good times rolling!! ALL IS ONE
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Let me first say that from the moment you pull up to the resort, the stage is set for a unique and vibrant experience! The overall ambiance is unlike anything I've seen before. Great edgy look, music, lighting, the whole nine yards. The fun-loving warmness of the staff was felt immediately when I checked in with David in the lobby. We had a few laughs and the process went beyond smoothly and quickly. The bellboys had my luggage in the room in no time and I was relaxing on my balcony right away! The views from the room were just as spectacular inside or out! Plenty of space, a chic and elegant style, and a double jacuzzi right in the middle. The beach is bar none and for anyone who hasn't seen the Cancun water, its indescribably beautiful. I spent some time at the pool, which has plenty of swim-up bar area (woo hoo) with great staff! The infinity edge faces the ocean and its hard to tell where one ends and the other begins. Dining was a great experience as well and I strongly recommend ZEN, the Asian restaurant. I really enjoyed the show-cooking displays, tons of fun! The Italian and Mexican were also highlights, I just wish I had more time to hit all the options. Entertainment was great. Whether it was the band (who rocked) or the DJ by the pool during the day, or the AWESOME lobby bar and dance floor in the evening, I was never looking for activity! And a last note for all the fitness folks, the gym had every machine and free weight you should need and was spotless, a true bonus. I just wish I had time to visit the spa! All those I spoke with that did were giving rave reviews. To sum it up, this was a great getaway and I can't wait to come back! From the people to the options and the service, this Hard Rock truly rocked!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
11 Thank MRAG21
Hello MRAG21, Thank you for the rockin’ review! It’s great that your check in was a breeze, and that you were enjoying your vacations relaxing at your room, we love that you liked it! And thanks for your recommend our restaurants, we bet several future rockers will find your suggestions very useful and we look forward to roll out the red carpet for you again. You are truly a Rockstar!
Greenfield, Indiana
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stayed at the Hard Rock Oct. 27-Nov 3. This was our first trip to Mexico so I was a little nervous staying there after reading some reviews. But after getting there and checking in, it was wonderful! We upgraded our room to the 11th floor with beachfront views, and it was beautiful! definately worth the resort credits since its hard to use them all up anyway. The rooms were a good size, we were only in there to sleep. The food was pretty good, especially the brick oven pizza pool side, the alcohol was always flowing. The spa treatment was OK, pretty much average. The entertainment guys poolside were awesome! (I forget there names, but they were cuties!) They always had something for everyone to do. The shows at night were average, but nothing to get excited about! I had wished they did something more for the Day of the Dead, but they didnt and that I was disappointed in. The wait staff was wonderful and very polite, we didnt have a problem with any of them. We took a day trip to Isla Muejures (spelling??) it was ok, not really worth the time once was enough for us to go there. The only downside was daylight savings time when we arrived that weekend, the sun went down at around 4:30pm and it would start to get a little chilly with the wind. But all and all we were very pleased with the trip and we are ready to come back for another visit!!

Room Tip: Upgrade to room on the top floors, beachfront is a must!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank bdimi512
Alejandro M, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Hi bdimi512, thank you for your sweet review, we love hearing that our dear rockers have lots of fun enjoying the nice rooms, the great food and always rocking in our bars and restaurants, we did have some traditional “altares de muertos” on the Día de Muertos / "All Souls Day" and several activities, that day!
On behalf of the entire crew at the Hard Rock hotel Cancun, we look forward to welcome again soon.
Keep the good times rolling!
TAKE TIME TO BE KIND
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 6, 2012

My husband and two daughters (ages 2 and 3) had a fantastic time at the Hard Rock Hotel Cancun in mid September. It was our third time staying at this hotel but the first time since Cancun Palace switched to Hard Rock. I know that most people reading this post care to know about the pros/cons and/or how I rate it as a "family" resort.

First off, my overall impression of the change was very good. I loved the changes they had made to the lobby area. It has a more rocker/young vibe with rock music playing pretty much 24/7. They've done a great job at shifting gears from what used to be a typical resort lobby to a cool place to chill at any time of day. There is rock memorabilia all around the lobby area and surrounding the lobby bar. The lobby bar of Cancun Palace was hardly ever occupied but now it is a central place to lounge, have a cocktail/drink, shop, listen to music, play pool, etc. If you're looking for a super relaxing, conservative, or private hotel, this is definitely not it BUT if you're idea of having fun is being in a relaxed, chill atmosphere, you'll love the change.

Park of the pool was being renovated while we were there but that didn't bother us at all. I hate when I read reviews and people just complain about every little detail and expect perfection. Let's look at the big picture, people! As long as I have my family, sun, the beach, good music, good food/alcohol, what more can I ask for????

The pool/pool bar were great so no real big change except for the food not being available right next to the pool.

The rooms were nice and had a more rocker vibe.

The staff was much nicer this time around than the 2nd time we were here last year. Based on our conversations with the staff last time, they were stressed and unsure about what type of changes were going to be made. This time, they were nice and helpful.

The only thing that I can say that the resort can really work on is their food. For a five star resort, I think they can do better. Frieda's (Mexican) was closed the whole time we were there. Ipanema (Brazilian) was nothing special. The pizza making station by the pool was excellent as always. The breakfast buffet was great as well... fresh fruits, fresh omelets, fresh juices, breads, bagels, etc etc etc. Zen (sushi/teppan) was fantastic as always.... we ate here the most! And the Italian restaurant was okay.

The kids club was better than ever (except for the food options again). The girls LOVED it and the staff really went out of their way to make it a good experience for us/them. They have a lot more activities/shows now. They have character breakfasts which was so much fun for the girls. The kids club pool was fun too.

The gym had issues while we were there... the AC wasn't working pretty much the whole time but the gym staff was doing their best to accommodate and make the resort guests comfortable.

We took a few tours this time around unlike the last couple times we went as the girls were too young before. We took a tour to Tulum which I still wouldn't recommend for a 2 and 3 year old. It was HOT and HUMID and pretty hard to enjoy the beauty of the historic site with two tired toddlers =)

The way resort credit is used is completely different now.

The spa was excellent.

I'm sure we'll be back again and I look forward to seeing what other changes have been made as it's still in transition.

Room Tip: Ocean view - highest floor
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank shaq4545
Alejandro M, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Hello shaq4545, We would like to thank you for your detailed and sweet review. We love to hear that you had a great time with us and liked our brand new facilities and that the little ones had lots of fun in The Little Big Club! We are glad that you would come back to visit us again, and will roll out the red carpet ready for you. LOVE ALL SERVE ALL.