“LOVED EVERY SECOND... plan to return in January 2011”
Review of Beach Palace

Beach Palace
Ranked #13 of 181 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
Tecumseh, Michigan
“LOVED EVERY SECOND... plan to return in January 2011”
Reviewed August 15, 2010

My husband and I just returned from a 7-night stay at The Beach Palace in Cancun. This was our fourth trip to Cancun (sixth trip to Mexico) but only our second stay at a Palace Resort having stayed at the Aventura Spa and Resort in 2005. For a number of reasons, my husband and I became Palace Resort owners in 2005 and I have always been reluctant to return to Cancun; however my husband loves Cancun! I was apprehensive about staying at any Palace Resort based on what I'd seen during a prior visit to Cancun, the Cancun Palace and the Sun Palace two years back (2007 or so). After research, my husband and I decided to stay at the Beach Palace and for us, it was absolutely perfect. Because we had such a spectacular time, we plan on returning to the Beach Palace in January 2011.

Cancun has grown on me, it really has. So have the Palace Resorts. When the Sun and Cancun Palaces were renovated/rebuilt, The Beach Palace was just a shell. I must admit that initially I hated the minimalist design of ALL the Palace Resorts, especially the design at The Sun Palace. But after this recent wonderful week at The Beach Palace, I have come to appreciate the hotel design and so much more about the Palace Resorts.

Our transportation from the airport to the Beach Palace was arranged by the Palace Resort staff and it was flawless. Check-in was smooth and easy. We were allowed early check in despite being nearly 3 hours early. The lobby is spectacular and although minimal in design, very inviting, cozy, warm and friendly. Everything at the Beach Palace is kept exceptionally clean. Front desk staff, concierge folks, trip planners...all perfect!

Our room was really nice although I was hoping for something higher than the first floor (kinda like the third floor but still low...you have lobby, mezzanine, first floor). Everything in our room was 1000% perfect and if it wasn't, maintenance came up immediately to make repairs (one of our vessel sinks malfunctioned). While a tad bit hard, the bedding was okay. Pillows were fine. Again, the rooms have a minimalist design with a splash of color but nonetheless, everything was pleasantly decorated.

Our room had a king-sized bed, huge jacuzzi (which we used twice), a huge private balcony with one big sunbed-one table-two chairs on it, ample dresser/closet/storage space, etc. Our room had a great functional safe (easy to use), a flat screen television, FREE WiFi, a mini-fridge, coffee pot w/supplies, built in liquor dispenser, etc, etc. My husband and I loved the feature of two vessel sinks outside of the shower/toilet area. Our bathroom was on the small side but really nice nonetheless. Shower was great...super Bio Silk toiletries were supplied...everything in our room exceeded all expectations.

Housekeeping was 1000% PERFECT in every single way! Our housekeeper arrived daily each morning and provided nightly turn-down service each night. The housekeeping gals could not have been nicer. The entire resort is spotless...someone is always cleaning something. I always tip daily at timeshare resorts whenever my husband and I stay for a week; however, no one at all certainly expected an extra dime for all their hard work and efforts..and smiles!

The common areas at the Beach Palace are also minimal but really pleasant and quite nice...much prettier than the common areas at the Sun Palace. The Main Lobby area is awesome with a huge aquarium and a beautiful glass chandelier. I loved the convenience of the "main" restaurant-Tequila's-being right across from the resort's elevators. I absolutely LOVED the set-up and layout of the Beach Palace...very manageable, easy to navigate, cozy, extremely clean, pleasant, not-too-big, not-too-small...really nice.

All restaurants were pretty good! My husband insisted that we eat dinner at Bocelli's Italian Restaurant four nights out of our seven day stay. Food & service were excellent at Bocelli's (and at ALL the restaurants). Wait staff at ALL the restaurants were 1000% incredible! Every single person we encountered was so friendly and the wait staff worked so so so hard to please! The Asian restaurant "Wok" was good, loved the variety at Tequila's Buffet...even the outside grill "La Terraza" was pretty good. Drinks were great, service was excellent...nothing but positives to say about all the restaurants and all the wait staff. Loved Luis at Bocelli's and Luis at Tequila's and all the wait staff. Gave big hugs all around when leaving!

The pool area at the Beach Palace was great, too. Always ample room to swim...no problems locating a chaise lounger even at 12:00 noon. Someone was always around to take drink requests. I wish the pool water was a bit cooler but hey, it IS Cancun in August with air temps exceeding 90F degrees on most days. Most of the Cancun Beaches in the Hotel Zone have been restored since Hurricane Wilma in October '05, so the beach at the Beach Palace is fantastic. Red flags always up for swimming but my husband and I ventured into the water anyhow, which was no problem on most days (one day the water WAS pretty rough).

There is not much more to say about our stay except that I absolutely loved the Beach Palace and I am warming up to Cancun. While in Cancun this time, my husband and I visited the Sun and Cancun Palaces (again). We also made a trip to the Isla Mujeres Palace during a trip to Isla Mujeres. "La Tratto," the Italian Restaurant at the Sun Palace was AWESOME! I had one of my favorite dishes, Black Ink Risotto with Shellfish and it was FABULOUS!! Husband and I also had Spa Treatments at the Beach Palace (me-Mud Wrap, Inhibit Facial, Holistic Body Massage; he-Holistic Body Massage, manicure, pedicure)...all were EXCELLENT!

Husband and I even enjoyed a few shows on two nights, which we NEVER do at resorts. One show was a great "Michael Jackson Tribute." The other show was a "Drum and Fire Display"...both quite enjoyable!

In summary, I may have been premature in judging the Palace Resorts when we last visited Cancun in 2007. There is something to be said about how clean, cool, relaxing and inviting a minimalist marble design concept is when you are staying in a locale with 90F degree temps, high humidity, lots of people in wet bathing suits, LOTS OF PEOPLE, the ocean at your door and daily late-afternoon downpours!

For us, The Beach Palace is PERFECT because it lies somewhere between the Sun Palace (which is waaaaay too quiet, too tranquil and too "off -the-beaten-path," for me) and The Cancun Palace (which I call the "Party Palace," LOTS OF PEOPLE, LOTS OF TEENAGERS, LOTS OF LOUD 20-somethings, loud and bustling all the time, BIG, lots of activity, etc...but gorgeous). To us, the Beach Palace felt like a small, friendly "boutique" hotel without pretension, yet is was big & "luxurious" enough for us to feel like we were really somewhere special...and we were. I think I was treated like Royalty throughout my one week stay and absolutely cannot wait to return.

My husband asked me to add just one minor "negative" note about our recent stay, something that did not bother me at all. My husband John didn't like the fact that the swimming pool area seemed to shut down very very early each night...like around 6:00 pm...no more towels, no more drinks, no more service. It was John's wish that the pool remain open a little later. Maybe some day it will!

Please email me with any questions! Please visit The Beach Palace...you will love it there and you will have a great time!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank mat'sgirl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,742)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed August 10, 2010

Just returned back to canada from a 7 day stay at the Beach Palace resort in cancun. We went as a group of 8. Ages range from 21-25. This being my second time to cancun but first stay at the Palace resorts. The hotel was amazing, Service was great ! Drinks were cold sun was blazing ! Couldnt of asked for a better hotel. The rooms were awesome, as well very clean. The food at the buffet and restaurants were excellent. The hotel staff was very helpful and by no means had their hands out at all for tips. The spa was a must. Location is perfect ! Walking distance to the malls and major clubs. When staying with Palace be sure to take advantage of the free all inclusive food/drinks at the other resorts. Sleep at one but can play at 8. Cancun palace was great and Moon palace was a world of its own. Im already planning my next trip in november at Beach Palace. Beaware of the people on the beach renting jet ski's. They charge 60 american for 30mins. Your lucky if you get 15mins tops. Alot of fun but a huge rip off ! Book the jet ski's from your hotel. These people on the beach are just there to take your money. Thank you Beach palace for and unforgettable vacation. See you soon.

• Stayed August 2010
1 Thank Deemaximus
Miami
Reviewed August 10, 2010

We stayed at the Beach Palace from 8/1/10 to 8/7/10. We were a group of family and friends totaling 17. Ages ranged from 14 months to 65 years old. We have been to Cancun 4 times on the past 10 years.
Airport was very quick, I booked my transfers with USA Transfer and they were waiting for us right after you exit the airport.
Hotel is very nice and clean. It is not a huge resort but it has everything you need. The check in was very quick, they were very friendly. I had booked a resort view room (the cheapest room available on Expedia) and used $ 792.00 of my 1500.00 palace dollars to upgrade to a concierge room, ocean front on the 7th floor. My mom was able to upgrade to the connecting room which was not concierge for 660.00 but it had the same exact view. We were hungry and went for a quick lunch while they finished up the rooms. We ate at the buffet and found a wide variety of foods. Loved it.
The rooms were ready around 12:30 pm. Notice that the check in time is 3:00pm but they have them ready and gave them to us. My view was breathtaking. Nice size balcony. Will try to post some pics later today.
Our friends were celebrating their 10th year’s anniversary and renewed their vows on the beach. The ceremony and the reception were sooooooooooooo beautiful. Suzette Alvar was the planner; she did such a good job. We can’t thank her enough. She was so helpful, accommodating, and friendly and made the ceremony and the reception beyond our expectations.
The main pool was very nice; we mainly hang out there by the pool bar. Kathy was the best server there. So friendly and smiling all the time. Kathy, si lees esto somos el grupo de los cubanos y yo la mama del bebe bonito…jajajajjaja.
I ate at all the restaurants and always found something I liked. I was very pleased with the experience. At breakfast we enjoyed the buffet. Victor took good care of us and Abraham, not really sure about his name, was very nice. I traveled with my 14 months baby, and one morning I did not find the peach yogurt that he liked from the buffet table and asked him if he could get it for me. Well, every single morning after that I did not need to go get it at the buffet table. Once he sees me he would go and take them immediately to my table. That was very convenient for me and loved his gesture. By the way he was not even the server on my section. Another nice person was Juan; he was very nice too with all of us, every time he will see you carrying a plate he would take it off your hands and walk you through your table or the pool, like one of the times. The service was excellent. I can’t complaint. We had a great time.
I also did the 25 mins back massage, complimentary on the concierge room we upgraded to and also, did the couples holistic massage. Both of these services were excellent. Very good people at the SPA as well. And all the girls did our hair at the beauty salon for the ceremony, I only had a blow dry but my friend had her makeup and hair styled there and it was very pretty.
We used the credit for the Swim with the Dolphins. It was at Wet and Wild, a water park. So we got to the park at 11:00 enjoyed the slides, the pools and the food. Nice pizzas over there, everything included. And in the afternoon we swam with the Dolphins, it was very nice it lasted like 45 mins approximately. The bus picked us up at 5:10 and took us to the Hotel. We had money left and used it to go to Dady’O. Nice club, mainly young locals. But the 350.00 per couple included transportation from the hotel to the club (one way only), a champagne bottle and VIP tables. It sounds expensive but we were not going to use the money anyways, so we went and had a blast. Loved the music and the place.
We can’t wait to go back. Hope it is soon.

3 Thank melodya79
Dallas,TX
Reviewed August 7, 2010

We just came back from a 5 day vacation at the Beach Palace. I was positively surprised by the Palace resorts: excellent hotels with very nice rooms and excellent food (for an all inclusive). The Beach Palace is centrally located along the Cancun hotel area, which it makes it convenient for a ride to downtown, isla mujeres, wetnwild, etc. If you have kids this is probably not the best place to stay unless you take a cab/courtesy bus to either the Cancun Palace or Moon Palace (where they have plenty of activities for the kids). However we liked to stay in a relatively small hotel and travel to the "big" hotels for the day. The kids enjoyed the ride and it gave them time to cool-off. Did I mention the service was great? On one of our trips back from the Moon Palace I forgot my bag (with all the swimming suits and my tennis shoes). The hotel staff was great in tracking it and finally Lili delivered it to my door that night. Thanks!

Olathe, Kansas
Reviewed August 6, 2010

We stayed 4 nights this past week. The food is OUTSTANDING...the room credits are a great deal and the beach is very good. One minor detail on the credits....there is a room limitation on how much you can use at the spa....very small issie.....We used credit for the Zip Line, Spa, Limo back to the airport.

Excellent service. We have stayed in Playa at a Palace twice...A Rui once..... this one is better.

The shopping is better in Playa on the Avenue than the malls in Cancun.

They could drop the entertainment and opt for a nice poolside dinner?

Need a contact/comment link on their website... I'm not a letter writer.

New York City, New York
Reviewed August 2, 2010

Here it is in a nut shell folks.

My wife and I have done many all-inclusives, there isn't much for kids to do unless they are in the pool 8 hrs a day. They say they have a childrens activity center that is open 9am-5pm but the person in is there maybe 1/2 the time so its hit and miss. Food is OK, we found the Italian resturant to be the best. Steakhouse steaks were hardly worth eating. The oriental place was ok at best. This is a good hotel for someone who has kids who will swim all day in the ocean and pool, otherwise go to Cancun Palace which has a whole section for childrens activities including pool slides etc.

Other resorts which my wife and I have visited which were "all-inclusive" the staff would not accept tips. This place was the opposite the more $ you give the better service you get. We spent about $250 on tips this week on top of $3800, and I am not cheap but the principle bugged me that everyone basically had their hand out. It was annoying that we always had to carry cash in the pool etc...We had a great time overall and I would recommend this hotel just bring alot of singles with you and you will be treated like royalty! :-)

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank ssmxpl
Washington, DC
Reviewed August 2, 2010

Beautiful beaches, water and sand. simply put, the best vacation ever. Went the first week of June an was a little worried about lots of kids all over; that wasn't the case. Quiet, serene beach with powder soft sand. Short (15 min) walks to local malls. Visited Cancun and Moon Palaces. Moon Palace was very big, if you like lots of everything, it could be the place for you. Was a bit too much excitement for me to stay there, good to visit though.

The all inclusive makes life easier. No worrying about costs, tips, gratutities. Just have a good meal and relax. Room serivce was gret for the says when you didn't want to get out of bed to go to breakfast.

All in all, a wonderful experience. We did get asked to attend some type of seminar (a timeshare maybe) upon check in but declined. (I'm on vacay, I don't want anything or anyone to have me on a schedule). During our stay, there were free calls to US and Canada (not that you want to call back home) and complimentary wi-fi.

The reviews were what solified our decison to stay here and they were true, have a great time at the Beach Palace; we did!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple