Beach Palace
$130
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
6,540 results
All reviewssky bartequila restaurantwok restaurantyadira celenerooftop poolresort creditlagoon viewsteakpresidential suitechef's dinnerbeautiful beachmichael jackson showguest servicesfire showthe wait staffkids clubmain pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 7, 2009

We stayed at the Beach Palace while attending our daughter's wedding. She was married on the beach at the Moon Palace in a super-fun ceremony. We ate at the Moon Palace and the Cancun Palace during our stay, but our favorite of the three was the Beach Palace. The Moon Palace is HUGE and the Beach Palace was smaller and more to our liking. We took advantage of a couple of the free tours that were offered, and they were very good, too. Without exception, the staff seemed to be enjoying life and their work. Our waiter in the Italian restaurant surprised us by remembering on Thursday what we had ordered on Monday, right down to the wine we had selected. Our particular favorites were the staff at the Sky Bar, and we finished every evening up there laughing with them. Massages in the spa left us totally relaxed. The shows that were done by the pool were also very entertaining. I'd go back in an instant!! A really 5 diamond experience.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank unpaidbill
Reviewed July 3, 2009

We have just spent our first night at Beach Palace and I must say so far its great. The service has been five star and many servers use the words and attitude "my pleasure". We have stayed in most of the "big club" all-inclusives and this one is top 3. This with the price reduction makes it a great value.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2009

This was our fourth trip to the Beach Palace. The Staff are absolutely fantastic. Warm, Friendly and more than willing to assist you. The rooftop Bars and Pool have to be seen. The view is great. I like the Beach Palace because of their location. Two shopping malls within a 10 minute walk. Take the Buses, very safe and under a dollar. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Scot1956
Reviewed June 30, 2009

Check-in: Fast and friendly. They greet you with a warm towel and a glass of tropical juice. The ladies get a white carnation. Check-in took less than five minutes. The bellboys bring up your bags in minutes.

Rooms: We stayed in an ocean-view room with two queen beds. It had a jacuzzi and a decent sized balcony with a double chaise lounge chair. The minibar was stocked with cokes, sprites, dos equis beer and Tecate light beer. In addition there is a selection of hard liquors (Tequila, vodka, whisky and rum) they provide Biosilk shampoo, conditioner and bubblebath. Additionally there is a dental kit with two toothbrushes and colgate toothpaste, a disposable shoeshiner, a shaving kit with razor and cream, a sewing kit and a little kit with q-tips and cotton balls. All these things are replenished daily. In the closet there is a safe (free, just program a code into it), bathrobes for each guest and a pair of slippers for each guest. The bathrobes are not meant to be taken home, they say you can buy them at the hotel store. There is a flat-screen tv with many channels (mostly spanish) with a few other languages. The kids cannels are only in Spanish. We all speak Spanish at home so my daughter loved to see all the nick jr cartoons in Spanish. Be careful when opening the balcony doors because the warm air meets the cold air from the room and everything gets condensation on it, making the floors a bit slippery. My brother-in-law is a Palace resorts member so he got the Presidential suite. It has a huge living area with wet bar, mini fridge, dining area and an enormous blacony. The rooms in the suite were pretty much the same as our room but they had I-pod dock radios and a fancier coffee maker and their minibars also had juice. Free wireless internet in all rooms.

Restaurants: There are four: Tequila, the main resataurant buffet; Bocelli, the Italian a la carte; Wok the asian a la carte and La Terraza, basically a grill restaurant. All were good but our least favorite was La Terraza. Tequila has a large selection of Mexican and international ffods. The Mexican stuff was really good, but it is Mexican, not Tex-Mex as most Americans are accustomed too. There were some really good beans, gorditas tacos, fajitas. At breakfast you can get omelettes made for you or fried eggs. There are waffles and cereals and fruits, pastries yogurt and a bloody Mary station. Good corn tortillas to go with fried eggs and a large selection of salsas. We Americans are acustomed to super sweet desserts but the ones here are slightly sweet. There are homemade ice creams and popsicles too. The Asian place is really good as is the Italian. There is a snack bar at the pool and on the roof sky bar (which also has two pools) 24 hour room service is included.

The pool/beach: The really is no beach, but the oceanis accesible for swimming. It was rather rough though. The main pool is divided into three sections, one of which is the swim-up bar. There is a kiddie pool too. There are waitresses circulated every two minutes asking if you need anything. Everyone seems genuinely happy to serve you here, it's almost weird! Every time you say gracias they respond "Es un placer servirle" it's a pleasure to serve you. They say tips are included but we always tipped for everything, spent about $120 in tips for a week. The were a lot of Americans at the resort but a good number of Spanish-speakers too, being Spanish-speakers ourselves, we did not notice any difference in service. There is also a store with souvenirs and sunblock and cigarettes and stuff like that. A lot of the souvenirs were cheaper at the hotel store than in the mexican outlets.

Excursions: We went to Isla Mujeres. It was gross. The boat trip there was annoying, they made you clap and sing and wave your arms. Some people like that sort of thing, me not so much. The Isla mujeres palace was really small and the food was edible but not great. The city on Isla was all tore up since they were rebuilding sewers and it smelled of sewerage. the prices in the stores were a bit high. The boat ride back was equally annoying but the tequila punch they force down your thoat made it more bearable. Also went to Wet n wild, nice park, great rides and lazy river but food was nasty. Wife did Chichen Ita and said it was amazing, but a really long trip. They left at 7 and got back at 7. Went downtown to Walmart to buy spanish language board games and books for my daugter. There is a market called Mercado 28 nearby with everything but you MUST haggle with them. Usually the price they quote can be cut in half. Don't use your credit card unless you're a real risk-taker.

SPA; Had a free 25 minute massage and a pedicure, no complaints. My daughter had her whole head of hair braided, came oout great and the ladies were so nice to her chatting with her the whole time in Spanish and in English with my neice who doesn't speak Spanish.

There was a fire show and a movie night and a karaoke night. But we were mostly too exhausted to party past 12. In short, great place, great staff and no complaints at all.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank joaoYreina
Reviewed June 27, 2009

My husband, 14 year old son, and I stayed at the Beach Palace with 3 other couples from June 17 - June 24. It was the first time my husband and I had been to Cancun since our honeymoon in 1990. We had a great time.

We did not get an oceanfront room but still enjoyed our view on the lagoon side. We were so busy we didn't have much time to sit on the deck anyway. If we have the opportunity to go again, I would like to stay a couple of extra days to have more down time.

We never had any problem getting a chair at the pool; however, more people definitely began to arrive beginning June 22. We went to Cancun Palace for dinner at the Mexican Restaurant one night and that resort was packed. We were really glad we were at the Beach Palace.

As others have indicated there wasn't much beach, but we were still able to go in and swim. Nice sand under your feet.

We ate at all the restaurants at BP. My husband loved the breakfast buffet. Our favorite restaurant for dinner was the Italian. My husband and I shared our beef and shrimp entrees. Desserts here are small so order more than one if you are a dessert lover.

We went on the Tulum and Xpu Ha tour. We enjoyed it but probably wouldn't go again. Would likely try one of the other ruin tours. The pool at Xpu Ha was too warm. My husband wasn't impressed with the snorkeling at Xpu Ha, but I enjoyed the cool water. Our tour guides, Tony and Ave, were great.

We have been to many theme parks in the U.S. but my 14 year old son still enjoyed Wet N Wild. As a matter of fact, he and his Dad went twice. Personally I was glad it wasn't huge. I even went with them on the family tube ride a couple of times. You can take the bus leaving from BP to Moon Palace twice a day to Wet N Wild.

Unfortunately, the snorkeling tour that use to be inclusive was cancelled. We never received a clear explanation why this was cancelled. We paid for a tour with Snorkeling Adventure. They take you out to the reef 3 times. I personally wouldn't take small children on this trip, although some were there. The first place they take you the water is only 4 - 8 feet deep so you need to be very careful to stay away from the coral. This was my first time snorkeling and others in my group indicated it wasn't a good experience for first time snorkelers. Much better if you are comfortable in the water. They fed us and food was pretty good. My friend loved the chicken they served. This is an all day excursion and if you're impatient this is not the trip for you.

The resort was very clean and the staff very friendly and helpful. I think they could improve on the quality of the desserts. Pedicure not as good as I receive at home but okay. Massage was wonderful. Wish I had paid extra to have a longer one. My son enjoyed ordering room service. Room service food was very good. Attend the Men vs. Women game held in the Mezzanine lounge. We had 3 people in our group participate. It was hilarious.

We would definitely stay at Beach Palace again.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends