Beach Palace
Mia Cancun(Cancun)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
6,540 results
All reviewssky bartequila restaurantwok restaurantyadira celenerooftop poolresort creditlagoon viewsteakpresidential suitechef's dinnerbeautiful beachmichael jackson showguest servicesfire showthe wait staffkids clubmain pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 2, 2005

This is a definitely a family-oriented place so I wouldn't recommend it for "party goers"! The service was impeccable, the beach was immaculate, the food was quite good and varied, the room was nice and the activities (e.g. karaoke and shows) were okay if you're into that kind of thing! We just wanted to relax and with it being all-inclusive, it was very easy with our 6- and 3-year olds.

All the pools were in the shade most of the afternoon so we tended to be at the pool in the morning and on the beach in the afternoon.

We went to Tulum one day which was a good day trip (expect it to be very hot at Tulum!) and the visit to Xpu Ha Palace the same day was pleasant (even though it was confusing to get around that place!).

We went to Cancun Palace for lunch and miniature golf one day. Cancun Palace looks a little bigger and fancier than Beach Palace but I don't know if it had as much in terms of stuff for kids to do. Beach Palace had X-Boxes, pool tables, table tennis, and air hockey so there was always something to do in those "what to do?" hours!

We barely used the kids' club but it was well-appointed and the staff seemed like they were a lot of fun!

Before going, I read a lot of complaints about the elevators being slow but my question is: "What's the rush?!" It really wasn't an issue.

Please tip all the servers and maids a dollar or 2 every day because they do a fantastic job and are always ready with a friendly smile.

7  Thank Zebberdee
A TripAdvisor Member
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed November 29, 2004

In the last five or so years we have stayed at the beach palace 3 times. Each time it was extremely fun. They have people hired to entertain you, whether its setting up pool basketball, having competitions at the pool, or even casino night in one of their rooms. If your going to the beach palace as a couple I recommend it, but I really think the Beach palace is the best for families because there is so much to do for all ages. The foods the drinks, awesome. The beach is amazing over at the beach palace. There arent rocks or seaweed or anything. Its clear and smooth. Every night at the beach palace there is something fun to do. 5/5.

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 21, 2004

My stay at the Beach Palace occurred between November 14th - November 21st, 2004.

Last year I stayed at the Moon Palace - Sunrise and was impressed with the size of the place and things to do.

This year I wanted to stay closer to Cancun so chose to stay in the smaller of the Palace resorts. I am very glad I did.

The attention to detail and the friendliness of all the employees at the Beach Palace is excellent. When we arrived we checked into a room with 2 double beds in a nice enough room on the 2nd floor with a balconey. We decided we preferred to have a King bed without the balconey on a higher floor. Our room was switched without question. As a matter of fact they called it a honeymooners room. We definately were treated like honeymooners. Twice a bottle of champagne and basket of fruit was delivered to our room.

Each evening a maid would leave chocolates in the room and turn down the bedding.

Things were clean and fresh everyday upon our returning to the room. The first room we were in had a slight musty smell but tolerable....

The food is okay on the buffet lines and excellent when ordered off the menus.

Our trip was nice and pleasant and I am now more inclined to go back to the Beach Palace over the Moon Palace because of the overall sense of a more personalized service.

I do keep in mind that I visited during the "off season" and that the service may be different in peak season... but for this stay in Cancun I have nothing but good to say about the Beach Palace.

• Stayed: November 2004
7  Thank Bill S
Reviewed October 9, 2004

My wife I and went with a group of 10 friends in late August, 2004. Stayed at Beach Palace and visited the other two Palace Properties also. Not worth the money and below average properties.

I sustained an injury on hotel property playing valley ball sponsered by the hotel staff. Hotel denied any reponsibility or assistance. My friends had to find a doctor (a cardiologist) to get the wound stitched and get anitbiotics. Hotel property did not even have proper medical kit to stop/control bleeding - no cotton or any medication - had to control bleeding using clothig until a doctor was available.
Management staff not only was ignorant, but also displayed absolutely no remorse or apology. Further more they proceed to bill $200 for doctor billing (done to room) without providing any written documentation for insurance reimburesement.
Very limited food choices or real estate. Below average facility with very limited entertainment or acivity choices. Never again...to Beach Palace, Sun Palace or Moon Palace.

22  Thank Travleratheart
A TripAdvisor Member
Belfast Northern Ireland UK
Reviewed September 29, 2004

We stayed at the beach palace from 10-24 September 2004 and had a fantastic time. We had been traveling for 10 hours on a plane and were tired but the minute we arrived at the hotel we were given champagne and chocolates and booked in very quickly. I had been reading the reviews for beach palace for quite a few months and a lot of people had complained about the lifts and other things, the good news is that NEW lifts have been installed and work perfectly. We had a room on the 5th floor with a balcony it was lovely, extremely clean and spacious, I certainly didn't find any dirty sheets, or in fact anything dirty at all about the hotel, it was spotless. The hotel was only half full, nice and quiet, so plenty of sunbeds, it was very hot, and we are not used to hot, so factor 30 was used for the 2 wks. The beach was wonderful, I have never seen such a beautiful beach, but because of the impending hurricane the water was very stormy and you could not swim in the sea for quite a few days. We went all inclusive for the first week and then decided to explore eating out on our second week. Breakfast/lunch/dinner was extemely varied and full of dishes that we would not normally eat, so we had fun trying out all that was on offer and we didnt have to wait for any of the food, steak, salmon whatever you wanted was cooked within a few minutes and room service WAS availble 24hrs a day. The only thing I would say was the entertainment at night was very limited, their were a few shows put on but that only lasted 1 hour and then their was really nothing else, but maybe that was because it was out of season a bit and the families had gone.
The staff in the hotel were wonderful always smiling and happy, we even met a fellow Irish girl Denise who worked at the Beach Palace she was brilliant and gave us lots of tips on where to eat out and even booked the restraunts and shows for us. We had never been to Mexico before and the mexican people are so lovely, nothing is to much trouble for them. I found that the only people who constanly complained were the americans, they quibbled about everthing, even in the restaurants they argued about their bill and usually in a loud voice. Some of the reviews that I had read over the months had made me a bit unsure , but I can honestly say that it was so much better than I expected. So I would recommend the Beach Palace to anyone it was fantastic and I had no complaints.

17  Thank A TripAdvisor Member