WINNER WONDERLAND

GreenLeadersGold level
New Braunfels, Texas
“Beach Palace is Great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2009

Beach Palace is a great all inclusive hotel. The food at all the restaurants is great. Two of them have a formal dress code that the staff are strict about. No shorts for the men is the main thing. It seems like the women can wear just about anything at the formal restaurants and get away with it.

The gym is a bit on the small side but it does have 2 treadmills, 2 ellipitical machines and 4 bikes. They do have free weights too.

The pools on the roof top are the best. The view is awesome especially at night.

If you are wanting a beach in front of the hotel to lay out and catch some rays, you'll be disappointed since there is no beach. The water comes right up to a retaining wall of the property. But that's the only drawback to this hotel.

I am a member of the Palace resorts. If you're interested in getting a members rate to the Beach Palace or any of the other Palace resorts, don't hesitate to e-mail me. Palace resorts offers Adults only resorts too.

• Liked — Food and great staff
  • Disliked — nothing--everything was great
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
4 Thank shnewb

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,642)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2008

I am a Palace member since 2002, and had only visited Beach Palace once years ago. My impressions then were of screaming kids everywhere and McDonalds type menus. I thought I might one day take my grandkids there, but I much preferred the other Palace resorts.

I was intrigued by the roof top pools and new rooms and renovations when I visited from the Sun Palace in July . The new Beach Palace was totally different!

This year I wanted to go to Cancun with some girlfriends. We wanted to be close to the shopping and "action", yet in a nice resort so we chose Beach Palace.

The rooms are extra large with huge balconies that have a table for 2 and a queen size sun bed. The wood, decor and furniture inside the room are of beautiful quality. The bathrooms and shower are very private (full wooden doors) and there is a 2 person jaccuzzi in every room. The beds and linens are top quality and very comfortable.

The room service and housekeeping were without fault, (except that the Iowa girls were grossed out by the chocolate covered coffee beans left on the pillows, I love them!) Our mini-bar and fridge were always stocked.

There is a sports bar, disco/nightclub, shows every night at the main pool in front of a huge 2 story movie screen (they also showed movies there sometimes) , a nice selection of restaurants, and a great swim up bar and a kids club, spa and everything you would expect of a 5 star resort.

We also were able to walk across the street to the La Isla Mall and we walked to the clubs and flea markets in the Hotel Zone. The bus was only 65 cents to the other Palace resorts, and we went on the included tours to Isla Mujeres and Tulum/Xpu-Ha as well as spending a Spa day at the Moon Palace golf spa and at the Sun Palace Spa.

While waiting for the bus in front of Sun Palace we spotted the Captains Cove across the street and loved it. It is the perfect place to watch the sunset and the food, service and ambience were very special. They even brought a homemade hat rack to the table so we could hang our purses and cowboy hats!

The best part of the whole trip was the staff. They saw us coming and instead of running (like a normal person would) they knew us by name and treated us like family. My friends made a big deal out of my 50 + birthday, and the staff played along, embarrassing me at every opportunity. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, at the pool, at the bus, you name it, they got me. I never felt like such a kid.

One of the best tricks....ooohh I shouldn't tell and ruin the surprise!

• Liked — Beautiful rooms, great view and location, excellent staff, everything really!
  • Disliked — I am sorry that the hurricanes washed away most of the beach.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
4 Thank Ladybird50
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2008

Fabulous vacation!

Don't listen to those who say there is no beach.. You can walk on the beach and swim by the hotel, there are just no chairs on it.

I can't say enough about this property, the staff was professional and courteous (Except for the breakfast restaurant manager who had a breakfast party and allowed his children to run and scream throughout our entire breakfast and did NOTHING to stop them). It's impeccably clean, the staff is wonderful, whatever you need they are there. The food is good and the bar even better.

The roof top pool/bar with cushioned double lounging beds are incredible. This is definetly a place to get away and relax with undivided attention from the second we arrived at the hotel.

We went to Canun Palace for breakfast to check it out, the service SUCKED... and the choices weren't as good as the Beach Palace. We also spent a day at the Moon Palace and had dinner at the Italian restaurant which was very good. They a gym with showers, hair dryer, towels,but bring shampoo/conditioner). After spending a day there I wouldn't go back. I'm SO glad we stayed at the Beach Palace for the service, the cleanliness, it's new, close to shops/bars/restaurants. We also stopped at LeBlanc which is the newest, adults only FABULOUS hotel. I will stay there next trip!

Have fun! I hope you enjoy it as much we did!

The rooms are beautiful (except there's a gigantic jacuzzi tub in the room (great for couples) but I was on girl's trip so it was wasted space for us.

They supply slippers, robes, hair dryer, Biosilk products. A bottle of Merlot each day and unlmited beer, water, soda in the fridge, with a dispenser of vodka, whiskey and tequila (Jose Cuervo no less...) I don't remember the 4th option.

Don't look for Patron in Cancun, it's imported from the States...

Cheers!

• Liked — It was absolutely the cleanest hotel I've ever stayed in, with the most accommodating staff!
  • Disliked — Nothing, just wish I could've stayed longer and I was there 7 days.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with friends
2 Thank citygirl60605
NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Beach Palace for 4 nights using a friends timeshare. We were booked into a Studio/Lagoon side/2 double beds and were upgraded to a Studio/Oceanfront/King bed. We decided not to do the all-inclusive option because we were only staying 4 nights and not the whole week, plus we like to go out and try different restaurants. Our room was very large and luxurious, we stayed on the 1st floor, which is technically the 3rd, since it is above the lobby and mezzanine (bars/restaurant and stores are located here). On the 3rd night they had to move us to another room due to a leak from our room into the bar area. It was a hassle to pack everything and move. We were given a room down the hall which was located under one of the bars and the music was vibrating thru our room, so my husband went and asked for them to change it. They did, and put us on the 2nd floor Lagoon side which was an awful view and we could hear the air conditioning units, which were very loud. Beware of the 1st and 2nd floors due to noise! It wasnt really a big deal, since it was our last night there.

We did utilize the pool and swim up bar, which Margarita was a great bartender and host. The staff was very friendly and went out of their way to please everyone! I was very surprised since most people were doing the all-inclusive and werent even tipping. We did pay for our drinks at the bar and made sure that we tipped accordingly. It did pay off!!

We did not eat on site since we did not do the all-inclusive. We took advantage of the amazing restaurants in Cancun.

I would definatly stay at this resort again since they do offer the "optional" all-inclusive. It is a great location as well, in walking distance to shopping and dining.

• Liked — Large, clean rooms with amazing views of the ocean!
  • Disliked — Bars closed early
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank missnyc16
Collingwood ON
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2008

Excellent food and drinks...Amazing service...sky bar pools are great!!!! Absolutely loved every minute...highly recommed this resort..child friendly..close enough to in-town action but not too close...

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank carcarb63
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2008

We are VIP members. We stayed in the Presidential Suite. What an amazing room, we were in Room 1200 and 1202, had a great view of the ocean and the lagoon. The service is unbelievable starting with the bellboy , front desk, concierge, vacation planners, waiters, housekeepers...bartenders. The spa wasn't very big, no hydrotherapy area...............just a steamroom and sauna. All the therapist were great, the salon was great The manicurist and hairdresser were great. The receptionists at the salon and the manager of the spa/salon were very helpful.

The food was good. It would have been better with no dress code. I don't think it matters if you are dressed in shorts, I think the restriction on bathing suits is ok but shorts should be permitted.

There is no beach but the pool area is great. The skybar is great and the view is incredible. The sportsbar is great, bartenders and wait staff were wonderful. The only thing the pool needs is to be heated.........it was cold!

The free phone calls to the states are a nice perk. Got to call home and make people jealous that we were on vacation!

Planning our next trip. Can't wait.

If anyone has questions or want a great deal on their next trip...;email us.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
2 Thank ccskincare
Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2008

Just got back from a wonderful week at the Beach Palace. I went there to celebrate my honeymoon and was not disappointed at all! Beautiful rooms (all rooms face the ocean or the lagoon and have a two person jacuzzi!), facilities...great staff...we did not do the all inclusive plan, but did eat at their restaurants one of the days of the week...food was OK for the most part...our room faced the ocean and we got to see the sunrise every morning...

Everything is modern, tastefully decorated and the service was impeccable...Yadira (at the pool area) was great...so friendly and attentive...the entertainment team was great, very energetic...Alex, Tania, Leo, Mauricio all go out of their way to make it fun for guests...my wife and I went to the spa one morning and had a great experience...we were so impressed with the Palace Resorts family, that we decided to become members! We will be going back next year to stay at Le Blanc for a week...

The only thing that was not great was the beach, as other reviewers have mentioned...after hurricane Wilma three years ago, there is literally NO beach at this property...but just walk next door to the ME Melia and there is the beach :)

Tip: Take advantage of the extra "perks" (visiting other Palace Resorts for the day, using their facilities, eating at their restaurants, free wireless internet so take your laptop with you!). Also, we did two things that we were not expecting to do at a Palace hotel: we learned to make our own sushi and we went on what is called the "Palace Kitchen Tour"...let me explain...this is a very cool FREE tour sponsored by Palace Resorts...you get to visit the kitchen headquarters for all Palace Resorts based next to the Moon Palace...this place employs 1,500 people so you can imagine how big it is...there you can see all of their laundry and kitchen operations, and even get to sample some sweets in the kitchen! VERY cool experience indeed...

The location of this hotel is great too...there is a bus stop right in front of the hotel...pay 65 cents and you are on your way! DO NOT waste money on a taxi...not worth it...unless it is raining heavily or you are wearing uncomfortable shoes :)

• Liked — Beautiful property
  • Disliked — No beach :(
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple