“Best holiday ever!!!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Harrow
“Best holiday ever!!!”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Having just spent a week at this hotel with my partner I can confidently say this hotel is amazing and I cannot praise it enough. I had a vision of what cancun and specifically what this hotel would be like and I would say I have very high expectations but this hotel was above and beyond everything I imagined. I will start off with the staff - any negative reviews regardng staff and the service I can confidently say are rubbish, the staff were absolutely wonderful - so friendly, kind, helpful and genuinely seemed to enjoy their jobs. I don't see how anyone could have thought differently. One of the percs of this hotel was the resort credit, the only thing I would say is that it is difficult to spend all of the credit you get but there are plenty of excursions and activities to do which come under your credit and made this trip that much more fun. When we arrived we wanted to use our resort credit to upgrade our room, which is a common thing to use resort credit on. We had only booked a standard deluxe double room and were unable to upgrade to a concierge room as it was a very busy time for the hotel and rooms were not widely available. However the lady was able to upgrade us to a lagoon view room which once we entered could not complain! The standard sized rooms in this place are huge and absolutely gorgeous - I have never been so happy with a standard deluxe room. Neutral decor, double sink, doube jaccuzzi!!!, sofa bed on the balcony, mini bar, alcohol dispenser and even hair straightners! The only complaint I had about the whole experience was the shower in our room, there seemed to be only one temperature and not enough power but this was something I could tolerate because of how amazing everything else was. Room service was fantastic and we had quite a few breakfasts and afternoon snacks in our room which arrived promplty. The 3 restaurants in the hotel again were fantastic and you almost forget that you're at an all inclusive hotel and don't need to pay for the meal! From the presentation to again the service - I simply cannot praise it enough. My boyfriend doesn't really enjoy deserts and specifically chocolate and I told the waiter this and just as we were about to leave he told us to wait saying that he will prepare a special desert for us. He went above and beyond and to all the effort of preparing a banana desert for my boyfriend right in front of us and it was absolutely delicious (this was in their Italian restaurant). If you tip the waiters they will always look after you and even seek you out wherever you are to top up your drink or offer you anything you would like. We were tipping 20 - 50 pesos at a time and the waiters were so very grateful and really looked after us. It's such a shame that I didn't manage to get the names of the staff that specifically stood out to us and did everything to make sure we were happy. There was a waitress at the pool bar who was always visiting us on the beach to give us more cocktails and snacks and a waiter in the sports bar who looked incredibly daper and smart and again would seek us out to get us our usual drinks and cocktails. He knew exaclty how we liked our drinks. Be sure to try the cocktails here they were amazing especially the strawberry daquiri which is almost like a yummy slush puppy with alcohol! This became our favourite and number one holiday drink. The hotel is right on the beach and the pool area and bar lead straight onto it. White fine sand and turquoise gorgeous water - we couldn't have felt more peaceful when on the beach with a drink in our hands. The beach was a huge stretch from our hotel all the way around with all of the high rise hotels. The beach was gorgeous but please be mindful of the strong waves, this was the only downside of going in the water - you would get knocked over by waves and find it hard to get out once the water starts pulling slightly. However it is extremely safe as the hotel has their own lifeguard on call all day on the beach - he is always alert and blowing his whistle as soon as he sees you go into the water past your waist. A red flag lets you know that the waves are slightly stronger and unless you are a strong swimmer or sufer, you should be careful. The skybar located on the SK floor again was amazing with 2 pools, 2 jacuzzi's, luxury loungers and a bar offering all drinks, cocktails along with snacks which staff are more than happy to cook just for you! If you want a relaxing holiday with the option of stepping out now and then to eat, shop or do excursions the location of this hotel could not be anymore spot on. Buses come every minute if not more and there's no wrong bus, the bus goes along the strip stopping everywhere you need to go and if you tell the driver he will make sure to stop exactly where you need to go and will tell you when to get off. There is an amazing shopping centre located a 5 min walk away from this hotel called La Isla Shopping Village with pretty much every kind of shop you would need. The hotel has an aquarium and a venetion feel with a canal running through the centre where you are able to take a boat around. If you wanted to go to any clubs or bars, the hotel runs a shuttle service most nights leaving the hotel around 10:30pm and bringing you back late. We personally didn't go as it wasn't that kind of holiday but they offer you abosultely everything you could possibly need - they cater to everyone. We did get som rainy days but we made the absolute most of it and still carried on with our day as planned and when we had no plans we enjoyed the jacuzzi in our room which was huge and just made the room incredibly luxurious and better than any other hotel room I have stayed in. This is the first hotel that offers a wide range of top shelf branded drinks that we enjoy back home - jack daniels, malibu, disaronno, grey goose and many more! I don't think there is anything this hote can't do! Entertainment was again excellent at the hotel, we were able to enjoy the Michael Jackson show, the beat boxers and break dancers and they were all amazing, the hotel goes all out to get some of the best acts in. Other entertainment incuded karaoke, couples dancing, cocktail tasting, live band, auction and more! Even during the day by the pool their are activities to get involved in or you can just relax and watch. The hotel arranges amazing local excursions and we would recommend the dolphin discovery experience at the sister resort Moon Palace using the resort credit, the jet ski and speed boat jungle tour just down the road through aquaworld again arranged through the hotel and the zip lining and ATV tour. Finslly on our last day we used our credit to get a therapeutic massage at the hotel's spa which was a couples massage that lasted 80 mins. This massage was extremely relaxing and well worth it - I would highly recommend using resort credit on this (the maximum per couple to spend in the spa is 300 dollars so if you get the massage I mentioned you will need to pay a little extra on top but as I say it was well worth it!) There is so much more I can say but overall this hotel is a gem, we saw other hotels in the area which I had also seen on the internet and liked and we spoke to other couples staying at other hotels including moon and sun palace but they were visiting our hotel which shows we picked the best one! We were so happy with our hotel we couldn't have chosen any better, the only downside was that we only had a week here and not 2 weeks which would have been amazing. We were so sad to leave as the hotel makes you feel so welcome and looked after. Going to the same hotel twice is something we wouldn't really do but this hotel is something else and we will definitely be back!! Cancun 10/10 best holiday ever, thanks beach palace.

Room Tip: Try and get a sea or lagoon view room, ideally sea view high foor room
5 Thank RVVH
Luis O, General Manager at Beach Palace, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Dear RVVH:

Wow!!! I just have to say THANK YOU VERY MUCH!! amazing review!! I am checking already what is going on with our showers.
I also hope that your boyfriend really enjoyed the bananas dessert that was prepared for him!!

Have a Great Christmas!!!

Luis Ojeda

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,742)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed December 16, 2013

The ocean view room was fabulous. The staff were extremely polite, helpful, and went overboard to provide the best customer service we have ever had. Carolina and Victor at the Pool side bar were constantly checking back with us to see if we needed anything. The breakfast cook, Gabriela, made wonderful eggs every morning for me. Pedro kept our room clean and made sure we had everything we needed. We will definitely go back again.

Room Tip: Get as high as possible and ask for the ocean side.
Dear VickiLynn55:

Ocean view in Cancun is amazing, but don´t forget that lagoon view is also breath taking and sunsets are on the lagoon view, so if you have the chance to comeback again try it, you will love it!!

I will make sure that Victor, Carolina, Gabriela and Pedro get an special mention for doing guests dreams come true!!

Thanks Again and have a Merry Christmas!!!

Plano, Texas
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I was there for a week vacation. Hotel staff is very friendly. 3 different restaurant and 2 bars to choose from at beach palace. Room service is quick and friendly. Beach access is right from the resort. I would definately recommend this to friends and family !

Room Tip: For vegetarian/vegas very few options for lunch but overall its a very amazing place to stay !
1 Thank rockyboy_traveller
Luis O, General Manager at Beach Palace, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear rockyboy_traveler:
Thanks for taking the time for reviewing our property and let the whole world now about your experience at the Beach Palace!!!

Merry Christmas all the way to the lonely star state!!

New York
Reviewed December 14, 2013

While staying at the Sun Palace Resort, and as Palace members, we have the privilege to access the Beach Palace Resort in Cancun. This tall, beautiful and spacious family resort offers a variety of tempting restaurants to enjoy. The tequila restaurant was spotless, the food and service was excellent. The view from the rooftop Sky Bar is spectacular, with two outdoor rooftop pools, a Jacuzzi and Bar with fast food restaurant.
Thank you for your professional service at the Tequila restaurant Supervisor Ms. Sofia.
Gracias.

This Hotel Zone resort is located only minutes from downtown Cancun's clubs and shops.

Room Tip: Sky Bar grilled burgers were great. Lots of kids when schools out. The suites are very nice, howev...
1 Thank Ernestsworld
Dear Ernestsworld:

Wow!! getting a good review its just awesome, and if the review its from a guest that is staying at another of our properties its even better!!
Thanks again for your great comments, I wish you a Merry Christmas all the way to New York City!!

Woodbridge, Virginia
Reviewed December 14, 2013

My wife and I spent five days at the Beach Palace and it was outstanding. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating from the minute we checked in until we checked out. There were a variety of restaurants and bars that provided excellent service, food and drinks. We had an ocean view room and it was absolutely amazing to wake up every morning to the beautiful sunrise over the water. The pool activities staff worked hard to ensure everyone was having a good time, and the swim up bar was a great place to socialize and enjoy a frozen mango margarita. We visited the property on Isla Mujeres also and it was equally amazing. The sales pitch at check-in was a bit annoying but I understand that's part of the business. Actually, after having such a wonderful time, I may have been interested in hearing more about membership at the end of our stay. I would highly recommend the Beach Palace to anyone. Check around for the best rates, though because they can vary, depending on deals and seasons. Thank you all for a very memorable vacation!!!

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are a must. Lower room views will be blocked by that monstrosity on the pool deck...
1 Thank Mark P
Dear Mark P:
When you work and live in Cancun, sometimes you dont realize how beautiful it is, watching the pictures you post in your review you can see that Cancun is a PARADISE!!!
I hope a lot of people can see the same, and also I have to mention that sunsets on the lagoon side are just breath taking!!!
If you mix it with a great service and a beautiful resort you get what your review title says:

BEST VACATION EVER!!

Merry Christmas all the way to Beautiful Virginia.

Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed December 13, 2013

My wife and I - along with 2 other couples - just returned from a week here. The room, food and facilities were fabulous. So much so in that we joined the Palace Elite membership knowing that coming to this and other Palace properties is something we will be doing frequently now that we are empty nesters. While we can say that all the staff were friendly, there are two that stand out. I guess evidence of this is best portrayed by their being in our group photos at times.. Those two are Esteban who catered to us at the rooftop pool and to Fernando with whom we shared so many laughs as he served specialty drinks to us in one of the main dining rooms. See you soon. We are coming back at the end of February to celebrate my wife turning 50

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Luis O, Director General at Beach Palace, responded to this review, January 6, 2015
Dear George P:
Welcome to the family and thank you very much for joining our select group of fine guests!! it is great to see that we pamper you good enough so you are already thinking on comming back.
Please let me know before your trip when you have your reservation number so I can take extra good care of you and your wife´s birthday.
See you soon!!

Happy 2015!!

Haifa, Israel
Reviewed December 12, 2013

We went to Cancun for the first time and stayed at the Beach Palace. All the hotel's staff were genuinely friendly and did everything just to make us feel good. Jimmy and the pool bar was amazing with his wonderful colored cocktails, Angel at reception gave great advice (hope all his dreams come true!), Minerva gives really great haircuts, and Josefina and Pavlova give massages you wouldn't believe. The food was amazing… and above all the Italian restaurant !
All was just fantastic. We didn't use all of our credits because there was so much to do. Don't miss going to Isle de Mujeres as it's the same company and the beach hotel there is on the same bracelet - rent a golf cart and tour the lovely island. Don't forget to go not only into the city for the very touristy but fun Market 28, but also the real local `Market 23 - the vendors won't bargain like at 28, but they're fair and it's colorful and lots of fun. The locals are happy to help find things, give directions, etc or even give rides (long story). In short - it was a vacation like we've never had. Take an ocean view rom and watch amazing sunrises, the rooms are luxurious and even the shower soaps and little cosmetics were the finest brands. Treat the staff very well in return and you'll feel like royalty.

Room Tip: Take an ocean view rom and watch amazing sunrises!
2 Thank JDDorit
Dear JDDorit:
It has to be a tough desicion to make if you come all the way from Israel choosing a destination and a resort, how wonderful that we surpassed your expectations!! thank you very much again for choosing us, all the staff that you mention will be aware that you put their names on your survey, It is great to see that they are "seeding" good memories in our guests experiences.

Thanks Again all the way to Israel!!!