“Great Service at all Palace Resorts”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Beach Palace

Beach Palace
Ranked #14 of 182 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
los angeles
“Great Service at all Palace Resorts”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2008

I just got back from a four day trip at the Beach Palace in Cancun, I left the resort feeling very recharged and relaxed. The Palace has awesome service, every employee pays attention to every detail. Upon our arrival we were greeted with cold towels, a rose and two glasses of champagne. The rooms are very clean and beautiful and always stocked with drinks (water, soda, beer) as well as a liquor dispenser. They also have a huge jacuzzi in each room! There are four restaurants on the property, mexican, oriental, steak house and italian. The Mexican buffett was always great and had a great variety. The Oriental restaurant surprisingly had great sushi! Steak house is also a great choice, and you get to sit outside and enjoy live music. There are two pools, one downstairs and one on the SKY level. The one on the SKY level is quieter and you get an impressive view of the ocean. The only problem with the Beach Palace is the lack of a beach. The waves are literally crashing on the property. There is no where to lay or even walk on the beach. We had to go to the Sun Palace to enjoy the beach :( ! I want to reiterate how GREAT the service was!

• Liked — The service
  • Disliked — The beach
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
4 Thank bgblockbh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,727)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2008

My wife and I spent the week of June 30-July 7 on our Honeymoon at Beach Palace. We absolutely loved it. We were greeted at the Hotel with a glass of Champagne and a flower for my wife. Check in was a breeze. We arrived well before the 3pm check in time and was told our room was ready, but they wanted to make a final check to insure it was spotless. After thoroughly going through our vacation package, Martin, recommended we go up to the Sky Bar and check out the hotel, come back to the front desk in about an hour, and our room would be ready. We did this and sure enough our room was ready when we came back down. Our luggage was already brought up to the room and the Bell Hop escorted us to our suite.

**The rooms are immaculate. Full Two person jacuzzi, a king sized bed (extremely comfortable), two sinks, and a balcony to die for. The balcony was amazing. Queen size Day Bed, not to mention secluded! Our room was Ocean View which was awesome. We recommend requesting Ocean View. We were on the fifth Floor and could see all of the nightly shows from our balcony extremely well.

**Food*** This is an all-inclusive hotel and before taking our trip, we read a lot of reviews that were negative towards the food. We have to completely disagree with anyone that said the food was not good. The food was better than good. There are four restaurants to choose from and we ate at all of them.
*Tequilla* is the steak house. We ate here and my steak was a little overcooked, so I sent it back and was completely satisfied after this. Big portions, plenty of selection of cuts of meat.
*Wok* The oriental restaurant was really good. Upon sitting down, our waiter brought out a platter with one sample of every type of sushi they offer, next came an appetizer platter with two of every appetizer on the menu, then a main course, and finally dessert!
*Buffet* was a Mexican Buffet where if you cannot find something you enjoy on it, you can have one of the chef's prepare you fresh taco's. Steak, chicken, or pork if you like. Made fresh right in front of you. Lots of variety on the buffet, so unless you are a picky eater you should be able to find something to suit your taste buds.
*Bocelli* Italian restaurant had a five course meal. Anti-pasta, Soup or Salad, Pasta, Main entree, and Dessert. This was also very good.
For lunches we tended to order food at the pool, which was available all day long.
Because we were Honeymooners, the hotel set up a special honeymoon dinner for us. We got to pick which restaurant to eat in and they gave us a special menu to choose from which was also very good.
Honestly I do not know what people were saying in previous reviews when they say the food was not good. We thought the food was amazing. Were surprised at all of the Gourmet food at an all-inclusive place! You can also go to any of the other Palace resorts and eat in their restaurants as well!

The only excursion we did while we were there was a day trip to La Isla de Mujeres. We were provided a shuttle from the hotel to the bay, where we boarded a boat that took us across to the Island. There we swam with the dolphins, and because of when we booked our trip we were given a 2 for 1 deal at the Dolphin Discovery through the Beach Palace. It was about $130 for the two of us to spend roughly an hour in the water with the Dolphins. It was amazing, would highly recommend this to anyone!!!

There are also nightly shows at the main pool. Two nights movies were shown on a huge screen, there was a Mexican Dance Show, a Variety show which was pretty good. The fire Show was amazing.

Overall, the service was amazing. Nothing but compliments from the two of us on the service. Carlos and Jose were awesome bartenders that were at the Main Pool Swim Up Bar every day of our stay. The rooms were spotless every day, and some nights we would arrive back to find towel animals on the bed or by the jacuzzi. Although all-inclusive, we still tipped. We also tipped the Maid Service. Left at least $3-5 per day, also left a note asking for extra water bottles and cans of beer. This was no problem.

We cannot say enough good things about this hotel. We plan to return to this hotel and would recommend it to anyone!!!!

• Liked — Everything!!!!
  • Disliked — Absolutely nothing!!!!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
6 Thank shortstop08
Slough, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2008

My husband, 16 year old daughter & I stayed at the Beach Palace from the 13th July until the 20th July, whilst we had a nice enjoyable holiday, we felt we could have been at any holiday resort in the world.

With 287 rooms this hotel isn’t over large and has some excellent facilities. We arrived on Sunday afternoon and where greeted with flowers and champagne or juice (no cold towels). We had a Lagoon Room on the 9th floor which was large, clean, nicely furbished, with a large balcony. The Bellboy gave us a full overview of how to use all the controls, lighting, facilities, mini bar (including soft drinks, beers and sprits), etc. On at least 3 occasions we had problems with the toilet flushing/blocking, but a call to reception and within 5 minutes was always resolved with a smile and a follow up call to check that everything was okay.

There are four restaurants at the Beach Palace and on the whole the staff were warm, friendly and couldn’t do enough for you and the food was plentiful and of good quality. However, on one occasion when we ate in La Terraza outside in the evening the service was diabolical and the food not so good!!!

The beach here is small, but you are able to swim in the sea which was nice. The pool area is okay, but word of warning by 4pm in the afternoon, pretty much the whole area was covered in shade, if you didn’t get down early enough some of the areas actually started to appear in the shade by 2.30pm. I think that this was one of the biggest disappointments for us all as usually when holidaying in Europe we are use to staying out in the sun until 5.30-6pm.

Whilst staying here we all had a range of treatments, including body scrubs, back massages, manicures, pedicures, scalp treatment and eyebrow waxing. They were all worthwhile and very relaxing, the staff were excellent. We also went over to the Moon Palace Spa for the day for us all to have a full body massage and facial which we all felt thoroughly spoilt and totally chilled, a fantastic experience and facilities.

The only tour that we managed to do whilst here was the Isla Mujeres which was fun and enjoyable, but we didn’t think the shopping stop for an hour and a half was necessary.

We stayed at the Moon Palace in April 2006 and Xpu Ha the week before this visit and all felt that both the these resorts far exceeded the Beach Palace in terms of enjoyment, facilities and friendliness, that’s not to say the Beach Palace isn’t good, just that we personally preferred the other locations.

• Liked — Staff
  • Disliked — Pool area in shade too early in the day
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank SkillFamily
Lake Orion
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2008

We visited Cancun with our 13 year old granddaughter from June 19th until June 29th. The check in went very well and before we knew it we were in our beautiful room. We would rate the staff as the friendliest group we have ever encountered on numerous trips. Any problem was quickly resolved and with a smile. The trips were easily arranged and enjoyable. We would return in a heartbeat!!!
WARNING: stay away from the numerous greeters at the airport. Thinking they were from our hotel, we got badgered by them to hear about a rival resort.

• Liked — The friendliness of the staff
  • Disliked — The movie that played at night
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MichiganPrincess
California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2008

We traveled to Cancun for the first time with a family of five, 2 adults, and 3 kids (3, 8. and 11). We stayed from July 2nd through July 11th (9 nights). We picked the Beach Palace hotel due to recommendation from our Costco travel agent and also from reading many reviews for this hotel from many travel web sites. We were excited to find out for ourselves from all the BIG fuss and even bad incidents that there were quite a few had reported.

Overall, all the good comments in regarding the services, restaurants (4), cleaniness of the room(s), activities, location, beautifulness of the hotel, etc. are all true.

However, there are a few very important tricks that the hotel management (especially starting from the Public Relation level to his higher management) would use to deal with you and your family mercilessly when it comes to any incident that would happen outside of the 'all-inclusive' package (food, room, and Passport Promotion tours, and round trip transportation).

First, the safety of the immediate walk ways surrounding the Beach Palace Hotel's pool (3 main pools) is extremely dangerous in term of slippery. We stayed there for 9 nights, and almost every day, we saw at least 3 people slipped and failed heavily and painfully on the slippery concrete cement or pool stairways. For our family, we failed twice on 2 separate days, even though we were being extremely careful right after the first incident.

The Public Relation officer from the hotel called me the next day and asked to see if I was Ok from the 2nd heavy fall from the day before. When I asked if I could see the doctor just to check to see if there was anything broken or damaged. My left ankle was swollen up and the skin on my knee was peeled off pretty badly from the fall. He in turn declined the offer and blamed on me that the accident was my fault because I was wearing bare foot around the pool. I asked if he would expect me to wear sandals inside a pool, so that when I got out of the water, I would never fall ?!?

He asked for a bit of time to re-consult with his management. He called me back later and offered a free doctor examination and treatment as 'the hotel's good will, but not because the hotel accepted the responsibilty'. I accepted the offer. When the doctor came, he barely lifted his fingers to do a throrough exam on my ankle or knee. The doctor told me that all he could do now was to give me a pain killer shot to ease the pain and when I get back to the US, I should see my doctor for further examination.

I accepted the pain killer shot just to get the acute pain off my entire left leg. Guess what, after the shot, the doctor told me there would be a $60 US fee to the injection. I asked him and the Public Relation officer about the 'free doctor's examination and treatment. The doctor told me that the Public Relation officer told him that he could charge me separately for all the treatment beside his visit. The Public Relation officer told me that that was what he told me at the beginning that I had to pay for all the charge incurring from the treatment. I asked him about the 'free' treatment, hotel's goodwill, doctor's visit, etc., that he offered me when he called me back. He gave me a run around and blamed on his English and mis-understanding between both of us. I asked him and the doctor that why they both didn't tell me if there would be a charge/fee before the shot, but waited after the shot. They both could not answer it and gave the own running-around version of the explaination.

I recommended that we all should stay away from this hotel until they 'completety' repair the walk-ways surrounding the 3 main pools and also guarantee a complete doctor or medical treatment due to any incident or accident that happens anywhere on their property, especially the pool.

You don't want to bring your loved one or kids to stay at this hotel, when the freak accident happens, all you get it the insulting blame from the hotel Public Relation and management to cover up their full responsibilty. Hope this helps ...

• Liked — Restaurants, room, and pool's drink and snack services
  • Disliked — Hotel inresponsibility, no-liability due to faulty construction. Dishonesty from hotel management
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
4 Thank BlueAngelCalifornia
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2008

My family and I spent our vacation at the Beach Palace the week of June 21-28 for seven nights. I traveled with my husband, three teenagers and my elderly parents in their 70s. First impressions: beautiful lobby, treated with great welcome consisting of drinks and cool towels. Upon check-in at around 3 Saturday afternoon, we were informed by the friendly and informative personel that our rooms were ready. As requested, all three rooms were on the same floor, two of which adjoining. Mom and dad were lucky enough to get an ocean view room while we got the lagoon view rooms. Although all three rooms were extremely clean and comfotrable, I much preferred an ocean view room which I later requested and was transfered to the following Tuesday. The teens were more than please with their room and decided to stay in the lagoon view room.
Throughout our stay, each staff member was extraordinarily friendly and no request from us was to great for them, the servers especially. The food was also excellent, an abundant variety to please all tastes. Again, the servers were always willing to accomodate you with any special requests. For example, my mother asked a server about a Myan coffee she had heard of and the staff was willing to go out of their way to make if for her even though it was not on the menu. What a nice gesture!
We took advantage of the two included tours in our package to Chichen-Itza and Isla Mujeres. Both were all day trips but well worth it as they were extremely educational and fun with breathtaking sights. Our tour guide to Chichen-Itza, David was highly knowledgable about the Mayan culture and also quite funny. The trip to Isla Mujeres was also lots of fun with the party-animal Elite tour guides. Even though it was a mixed age group they knew how to have fun with everyone. Different activities such as snokeling, scuba-diving, a tour around the island and swimming with the Dolphins were offered for an extra fee, but we decided to relax at the Isla Mujeres Palace and had a great lunch there too. If you decide to stay on the beach, you can still have an enjoyable experience. My mother got a very good 45 minute massage on the beach for 20 dollars! We also were able to sea a variety of sea turtles a little way down the beach for about 2 dollars a person.
All in all, we had a wonderful experience. Special thanks to bartenders Zacarias and Jesus- best drinks! The Guest Service staff: Alex & Martin- always made us laugh! Housekeepers: Leticia and Alfonso-kept rooms spotless! Waiters: Daniel and Andres- made a special hot sauce for my husband at breakfast. Cesar, manager of the waitstaff took great care of my parents, always treating them with great respect and many laughs.

Thanks to Place Resorts for an unforgetable family vacation!

***Please tip staff! Most of them work very long and hard hours with smiles on their faces, not expecting anything in return.

• Liked — Clean and comfortable rooms
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
4 Thank chi-galChicago
Sicklerville, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2008

We just returned from a week at the Beach Palace, Cancun, Mexico. Our travel agent explained that the hotel had recently reopened after renovations were made from Hurricane Wilma. I was a little skeptical from the reviews on Trip Advisor, but we were satisfied, even impressed. I have taken other all-inclusive trips, but this was by far the best for service and quality.

I traveled with my two children (16 yr old daughter and 12 yr old son). My sister, brother-in-law and their two kids (14 and 8) joined us. We had nothing negative to say.

Upon our arrival, the staff greeted us by name and continued to address us by name for the entire week. The staff, from the bell boys, to the maids, waitstaff and bartenders were all top notch.

Our rooms were pretty and spacious. The balconies were large and comfortable with an oversized, cushioned lounge chair. The mini bar had a nice selection of sodas and beers as well as bottles of liquor in the drawer.

The pools were large and always very clean. The 3 pool bars were never crowded. This is a family resort, so there were always kids playing in the pool. Our kids had plenty of non-alcoholic drinks and snacks each day. The wait staff (Janet, Ixchel, Rosa and Francisco) was so attentive that they knew which drinks and snacks we and our kids liked and asked us if we would like the same the following day.

The activities staff, Mauricio, Alejandro and Lucy were a lot of fun. They organized games poolside and activities in the Stadium sports bar in the evening (and on our one rainy day). They had our pre-teen and teenage kids going. We adults even got in on a game of water volleyball. Even a morning aqua aerobics class was a lot of laughs.

The restaurants were nice. The Japanese restaurant, Wok and the Italian restaurant, Bocelli require men and boys over 12 to wear pants to dinner. Our waiters (Leonardo, Raphael, Yoni, Luis and Sebastian) went out of their way to make our dinners enjoyable. They made such a fuss over us and the kids. The food had a great presentation and was always great.

My daugher and I enjoyed great massages in the spa. A first class experience. I also treated myself to a polish change in the beauty salon. I only spent $16 and you would have thought I was royalty the way they were fawning over me.

We are already talking about going back. We had a great time.

• Liked — The service was excellent.
  • Disliked — It was cold in the restaurants and bars. Pack a sweater.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family