Beach Palace
galahotels.com
$817
$800
6,607 results
All reviewssky bartequila restaurantwok restaurantyadira celenerooftop poolresort creditlagoon viewsteakpresidential suitechef's dinnerbeautiful beachmichael jackson showguest servicesfire showthe wait staffkids clubmain pool
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Excellent service by Esteban at the Sky Bar. It was nice to see his smiling face each day. He made good recommendations on food and drink and kept us hydrated with plenty of water. We'll look forward to seeing him on our next trip.

We also had great service at breakfast and at all meals. Everyone is always so friendly, cheerful and happy to see us.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
lumito69, General Manager at Beach Palace, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Dear snowtobeach44:
Thank you very much for your nice comments about the Beach Palace.
It is always rewrding to read tha costumers leave the property happy and post their comment on the Trip Advisor Page so the world can read their experience.
Esteban is one of our biggest assets and he is often mentioned on reviews, it is a pleasure as a hotelier to have staff like him and all the others.

Thanks Again

Reviewed November 25, 2013

The beach was great and the waitstaff catered to our every need. The rooms were immaculate and we felt pampered at all times. The Stadium Sports Bar was well staffed and the drinks were top shelf. A very wide section of foods were offered at each meal in the buffet restaurant. In addition, we dined on Asian, Italian and Steak selections at the other restaurants on the property and enjoyed outstanding meals. The therapists in the spa were wonderful even though the spa area was not large. We recommend this hotel for a wonderful, relaxing vacation at the center of all that Cancun has to offer,

Room Tip: I would suggest 4th floor and up for a great view.
2  Thank snowtobeach44

Dear snowtobeach44:
Thank you very much for all the great things that you mention about the Beach Palace in your review. We are always working to provide the best service, as well as the best food and beverages that you can find in the market.
Also I would like to mention that the Beach of the Beach Palace is the must beautiful and well kept on the Cancun strip.

Thanks Again!!

Reviewed November 24, 2013

This was our first time in Cancun (and Mexico for that matter) and our first time staying at an all inclusive, so I will start by saying that I had done an extensive amount of research before picking a hotel. Beach Palace didn't even come into my consideration set until the very last minute because the price was a little more than we were looking to pay... but after reading several reviews I determined that paying just a little more per person was worth the quality that Palace Resorts seemed to have a reputation for. I couldn't have been more satisfied with my decision!

Staff: I have to start with this because all the staff we met during our stay was extremely attentive and friendly. Anything we wanted or needed was met with the response of, "it's a pleasure". We never had to wait more than a couple minutes for a drink. Our meals never took long at all... and for as many demands as the staff has to meet, I never once saw any frustration or annoyance in their faces. We did tip every few drinks or would just tip at the end of the day, but this is not required. I just truly thought that everyone that served us worked extremely hard with a smile on their face and that they deserved it. A special thank you to Luis and Wilbert at the swim up bar who provided us excellent service and kept us laughing everyday we were there. Ceila and Dominga were also great serves down there - even though Dominga only serviced the area we hung out at the first day we were there, she remembered our names and everyday we saw her from there on out she greeted us by name and asked us how we were doing. Fernando, Oscar, Miguel, and Leida upstairs at the skybar provided great service as well. Fernando provided lots of laughs! Andres at Tequila buffet was friendly, always made sure our drinks were full and plates were cleared quickly. Gabriella at the omelet station was so quick! Don't be disappointed in the line is long because she is speedy. Allen at Bocelli was also great. He served us two nights and did a wonderful job at the Mayan coffee. The entertainment staff downstairs was also very lively. Sometimes they had trouble getting people to participate in the activities, but they were always upbeat about it.

Location: Smack dab in the middle of hotel zone. The very americanized La Isla mall is a quick 7-10 minute walk and the more souvenir/local oriented Flamingo Mall is practically across the street. This section of beach is really nice and clean. No seaweed and the hotel keeps the section in front of the hotel extremely clean.

Room: Upon check-in we were told that there were no King bed rooms available. To compensate for this they upgraded us from a resort view room to a lagoon view. I'm sure an ocean view room is incredible, but we found that for such little time we spent in the room that the lagoon view still provided a really gorgeous view. The decks are incredibly spacious and come with a nice bed incase you want to relax out there or even sleep outside. In general, the rooms were very modern from the fixtures, to the lighting sequences, to the electronic "green light/red light" maid service buttons. We did take advantage of the in-room jacuzzi a couple nights and found that it filled up pretty quickly. The minibar was nice as well and not only included beer but fifths of each type of liquor. We were very excited about this feature, but found that we only actually used it once or twice as we did a lot of our drinking at the pool. The beds were very (very) firm, so that might be a problem for some. No problem with the AC here - it worked great the entire time.

My only main complaint was that since everything is tiled and ceilings are high, everything echos and if someone is in the hallway you can hear them from all the way down the hall. I imagine having one of the ocean front rooms (room #s end up 10, 11, 12 I believe) that is right in front of the elevator bank can get annoying. There were no problems with hearing footsteps or anything from the room above which I find to be a problem in lots of hotels, but I was woken up a couple mornings by the person in the room next to me opening and closing their dresser drawers which happened to be up against my bed. We also had two maintenance issues - one light was flickering like a strobe light upon walking into the room, we called down right away and it was fixed within 15 minutes. Also, the jets in the jacuzzi were not working and that was promptly fixed in an afternoon.

Food: The food was better than I expected! I was afraid I might have stomach issues because I do have a sensitive stomach, but I had no problems! Water was always service straight out of the bottle even at all the restaurants and they always pour it in front of you so it makes you feel comfortable. The only time we had trouble finding a place to eat was one night where all the sit down restaurants had nearly a 40 minute wait.. but there was zero wait time any of the other nights. Tequila - Buffet. Ate here every morning for breakfast and I found there to be enough variety that I didn't really get tired of it. We ate lunch here as well on our last day and I wish we had taken advantage of lunch here more during our trip because it was good. Was not impressed with dinner here though.. I found the variety to be odd and all over the place. Wok - asian restaurant. The appetizers and sushi here was good, but I was not impressed with the main dishes we ordered. The fried rice tasted more like soggy minute rice that was doused in soy sauce. La Terraza - outdoor steak restaurant. My boyfriend really enjoyed this place for dinner. The servings were a little small, but there were no issues doubling an order or ordering another plate.. which my boyfriend did twice! I personally found both the steak and the shrimp I ordered here to be overly salty... the steak so much so that I could not finish it. Boccelli - italian restaurant. Unfortunately my boyfriend isn't a big fan of italian food, which is a shame because this place was my favorite. Make sure you order mayan coffee at least one night because it's a really great little table side show. Another thing I enjoyed was that at all restaurants you were greeted with their "welcome drink" for the night and a "welcome appetizer plate". The food at the pool/sky bar was standard - burger, fries, nachos, quesadillas, etc. Service was always really quick.

Drinks: The staff kept the drinks coming. They weren't always necessarily strong, but what I would normally do is order a shot of whatever the main liquor in my drink was so I could "double" it on my own. No charge for premium liquor here and we found that as long as you asked your drink to be made with a specific liquor, they would do it - if you don't, they'll make it with one of the wells or mid-grade liquors.. but we never had any issues when we asked for certain brands except that not all the bars are stocked with the same stuff (ie: the pool bar downstairs had don julio, but the sky bar did not)

Resort Credits: I was lured in partially by the resort credits, but ended up a little disappointed. A lot of the tours they offer are all day excursions, which I suppose is great if you feel like you have a lot of time but we were only going to be around for a week and felt that we were "wasting" our all inclusive perks by going off site all day and having to pay for food and drink. It's a shame they only let you spend $300 of the $1500 on the spa, otherwise I would've spent it all there. We only ended up spending $400 of our credits... $300 on the spa and about $170 on the Tulum Express tour. It was the only "half day" tour and this even felt long to me. You have to stop at all the other palace resorts to pick up/drop off and you stop at a little market along the way...we probably spent a total of 4 hours in the bus and 1.5 hours actually at the ruins in Tulum. Also, too much talking on this tour for my liking. I really just wanted to spend my time exploring on my own. It would've been great if we could've used the credits to upgrade to an oceanview room, but we were told there were none available the entire stay.

Atmosphere: This is a family friendly resort, which probably would've been one of the only things I would've changed. We didn't notice it the first couple of nights, but then a convention came in that happened to include mainly large families and for the rest of our stay it felt like kid-city. Lots of these kids were not well mannered and really made me question parenting of other cultures as several of these parents seemed to not give a damn that their kids were running around tables and causing a ruckus while others were trying to enjoy a nice dinner at the steakhouse. They were often un-supervised at the pool and would invade the swim up pool bar (which in my opinion should be off limits to anyone under 18). Otherwise, the crowd here was a little older. We don't know what people did at night (whether people go off site or just call it a night really early), but we'd often go to the sports bar or sky bar and both seemed to be pretty dead at 11pm. The only nightly entertainment we found interest in was the Michael Jackson show which was really good, but other than that we found it to be kind of quiet. We are both in our late 20's and even though most of the couples were older, everyone was friendly and we spent almost all of our time at the pool bar making friends and talking to other travelers.

Other Cons: The elevators here are SLOW and small. There are 4 elevators, but we often found ourselves waiting at least 3-5 minutes all the time... because of this the elevators also fill up to the brim because there's so many people waiting so then the elevator has to stop on multiple floors which can get annoying.

Room Tip: lagoon view is still a great view if you're not looking to spend the price for an ocean view... I personally would steer clear of rooms located directly in front of the elevator banks (which I believe are numbered ending in 10, 11, 12, 13) as the elevator door is literally directly in front of your door and noise echos loudly throughout the hallways.
3  Thank Jessica C

Dear Jessica C:
Thank You for choosing The Beach Palace for your first all inclusive experience, for what I can read I can say that it was a pleaseant one!!
All the points that you mention on your review demands my full attention and involvement.
Let me tell you that we are already working on the elevators speed and by the end of this week the problem will be solved.
I am happy to see tha our food and drinks were for your satisfaction and let me tell you that Beach Palace always work on the highest hygiene standards as well as top shelf products.

Thanks Again!!!

Reviewed November 24, 2013

This was our 3rd year in a row coming to Beach Palace with friends. Our week began with not getting an ocean view room, although we were very disappointed being Palace Members and all, but we didn't let it dampen our spirits. Our room was stocked with everything you could possibly need. The food once again was not a disappointment. We have gotten to know a lot of the same workers, which makes our stay here even more homely! I have to mention some of the pool servers and bartenders Miguel Sarabia, Luis Aviles, Wilberth and my dear friend Dominga, they Super Sized the term Great Service! Tipping them for their hard work always makes them feel appreciated also!
Already looking forward to this vacation again next November! Thank you Beach Palace, See everyone next year!

3  Thank NanyCar

Dear NancyCar:
first of all I want to thank you for the beautiful picture that you set as your profile picture, Our Sky Bar is the Hotel´s Perfect picture spot!!
Then again thank you very much for choosing us for the third time to spend your vacation. That set a breat responsability to us, because we have to keep working on beeing the best hotel in Cancun.
Thanks Again!!

Reviewed November 24, 2013

First rate from the check-in to the check-out. Service is 5 star. When you dine at the Italian restaurant, you need to request Jorge, as your waiter, He is excellent and make the meal very enjoyable. We spent this vacation just relaxing at the SkyBar on the top of the resort. Here the service from the people make you feel right at home. Oscar, can make you any drink you wish. Carolina, will take care of making sure you are not hungry and your glass is full. The cook, Cleida, is wonderful, her food at the grill will match anything in the main restaurant. This is the place to be no matter what your vacation plans. We are already planning our next stay at The Beach Palace, a home away from home.

Room Tip: We always stay on the beach side. Like the view with the sun rise and the sound of the waves crashing on the perfect beach. Stayed on 5th and 7th floors, the suites are very nice and roomy, our had a Jacuzzi in the room.
1  Thank cloud92013

Dear Cloud 92013:
Being a lifetime hottelier has many beautiful things, and reading a post that this one that you have post is amazing!!!
When you as a guest remember the names of the people that serve you or made something special for you just tell me that we are doing things well!!
Best Regards al the way to Windsor Colorado!!