“Great resort and beach”

Beach Palace
Ranked #15 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We stayed at the Beach palace with family and friends and had a great time. The resort is modern and sophisticated, great food at the restaurants, and pool and kid's club great for our 3 year old, and beach is right in front of the resort. There is an outdoor shopping mall just a short 10 minute walk from the hotel on the main street. A few things though, we did upgrade our room from the lagoon view to the beach view, as did our friends. Rooms with the beach view have significant more wear & tear (i.e. balcony sliding door latch was broken, one of the panes of glass in the balcony was looser, shower door had a significant gap, key card reader fell apart, and noisier in the afternoon (our 3 year old still naps)). But we called reception to complain with regards to the key card reader and balcony door, and a service repair person was upstairs within 30 minutes, which really impressed us. The other items he could not repair while we were staying in that suite, but made note of it. The bed headboards have a quirky design, which don't make them confortable to rest against/lean on even with pillows while watching TV in bed, so be prepared to use up all your pillows in order to lean back. There is free WiFi, which was great for downloading our child's favourite shows. Regardless, we would consider returning to this resort, on account how great the beach was, how clean the resort was, and how friendly the staff were and the fact we were not being harrassed for any timeshare sales pitches or anything like that.

Room Tip: Rooms on the lagoon view side, are in better condition than the beach view rooms which have more wea...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank CatGal_10

Reviewed September 19, 2013

The staffs & services are excellent. The room was nice and clean. The food were good and the staffs really do everything to make you happy. The beach was beautiful. They don't pressure you to attend the presentation. Iwill definitely come back. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank 426k
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Hi
Just wanted to say that the staff at the stadium bar ( fernando, Sergio,zacarias, victor) were excellent and really made our stay. They did brilliant cocktails and the service was excellent. Always willing to come up with new cocktails for us, nothing too much trouble.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Nice hotel overall. First, be aware you have room credits when checking in. We checked in and were upgraded from our King room which was on the lower levels to a (2) twin bed room. Not really an upgrade. We complained and were told for an additional $116 per night we could move to concierge. What they didn't tell us up front was that we could use the room credits. So, needless to say - USE YOUR ROOM CREDITS TO UPGRADE to concierge. You get two 30 minute massages with the upgrade as well. So overall the front desk and checkin was slow and chaotic, but the room we ended up with was great.

From there we went to eat and the food was great for an all-inclusive. The service was awesome as well. We usually go to Sandals, and I would say the staff was just as good if not better. The service by the pool (Erick) was awesome and I couldn't say anything bad about the hotel. It rained, but we still had a great time.

Only feedback would be the speed at the front desk and in the Italian Restaurant.

Finally, the massage was amazing as well. Overall very good experience. We were there for a wedding so we had two meals with the wedding and wedding party.

Room Tip: Use room credits to upgrade your room
Reviewed September 15, 2013

This place was amazing. We found a groupon deal with airfare included and when we factored in the resort credit, we figured it was worth it. We underestimated what we were going to get. Once we arrived, we had lunch at the buffet before checking in. By the time we were done, our room was ready. Our room was very clean and nice. On the 2nd day we used our resort ccredit to upgrade our room which allowed us to have aromatherapy and scented pillows as well as the ability to order from a limited menu from the restaurants for room service from 6-11pm.
Now the food. I couldn't be more satisfied. 1st night we tried the asian restaurant. The shrimp tempura and avocado roll were so so amazing I wanted it every single night. Service was great. The chef at each restaurant always brings over a special appetizer of the night along with whatever app you order. They also bring over a special drink of the night. As for the italian restaurant, I had the filet mignon with pesto penne pasta. The filet was perfection. My boyfriend ordered it the very next night.The spinach cream soup for the app and the caprese salad, delish as well. Our waiter, Antonio was amazing. Next night was the steakhouse. MY OH MY. Every cut of steak is available. I got the Rib eye and my boyfriend went for the cut of the night, T bone. As part of the resort credit we did the couples dinner on the beach. I found it a little odd that they didnt give us a menu, but loved everything so much I got over it quickly haha. They gave us filet mignon with shrimp. It was beautiful out and we even got to participate seperately while we were out there with a group that was letting out baby turtles back into the sea. we got to each hold 3 baby turtles. amazing. Swimming with dolphins was also part of our resort credit and an amazing experience. Only iffy part was how expensive the pictures were so I only left with my memories lol. When we upgraded our room, we got a complimentary 25 minute couples massage. OMG. I was in heaven. Needless to say, whether at dinner, at the pool, on the beach, I was being waited on hand and foot. Drinks were brought to me where ever I was. The buffet dining room brought a variety of delicious food and is open most of the day. I got room service about 5 times and each time food was perfect and came within 20 minutes. Having 24 hour room service is great at 3am when getting back from the club scene! I would absolutely do this again in a couple of years when I need a serious relaxing vacation. I couldn't as for better service. I got everything i wanted!

4  Thank Melissa M
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I keep coming back year after year because the property is fantastic.There is not one bad word I can say.The service is superb. The facility is modern and upscale. The food is excellent with multiple choices. The pool and beach areas are beautiful. The attitude is more than friendly.Management is caring and consistently excellent. This is a place that is my home away from home

Room Tip: all the accommodations are good
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

A few thoughts

1.Great Property, perfectly situated on the hotel strip.... not too far from downtown but definitely not to close.....about $10 taxi ride
2. Rather small lobby (check-in desk) feel like a large apartment building.
3. 3.5 restaurants (they claim to have 4) the steak restaurant is outside.... but was often closed due to weather.
4. Resort Credits are a bit of a joke..... can only be used in a limited manner
5. THEY HAVE PREMIUM LIQUOR BUT YOU NEED TO REQUEST IT..... WE WERE THERE FOR 3 DAYS (with bad headaches from the cheap liquor) BEFORE WE REALIZED IT!!!!!!!
6. Our room was fantastic: very clean and roomy and it even had lounging bed on the balcony... (insert whatever thoughts you want here)
7. The food was very above average....however after being there for a week..... everything tasted Mexican to me.
8. The staff was very attentive and polite..... all seemed to take great pride in the jobs.
9. The beach was nice and clean and there were plenty of beach chairs for the guest.
10. The pool area was very nice however, we were there during low season during high season it might feel more cramped.
11. Club scene is definitely for the 35 and under crowd..... I'm a great looking 46 year old but felt old at "The City"
12. I like kids and I even have some....but by the end of the week, I had some mean thoughts overtake my normally sane/safe thoughts. BP needs to institute a curfew for the Sport Bar. Not all guest thinks it's cute to see 5 and 7 yr. olds dancing on the dance floor at 10pm. Parents if your kids are brats at home.......they are even worst on my vacation!!!!!! Seriously, in the waking hour...kids are fine but at nite they need to be out of site/ear shot/out of mind!!!!!!
13. BP has 2 sister properties in the area...... Moon and Sun. We visited the Moon Place. It was very very nice and crazy large but 35 mins from our hotel. Note: the beach at the Moon Palace is underwhelming....

Overall, this was a nice property.....

Note, I travel for vacation and business extensively...... so my expectations are rather high. If I had to rank my Mexican destinations they would result in the following:
1 Cabo (been they 5 times)
2 Acapulco
tie for 3rd: Cancun/Puerto Vallerta (sp??)

Room Tip: I actually stayed on the lagoon side and enjoyed it!
1  Thank MJC878787