“Wonderful Treatment at The Beach Palace!”
Review of Beach Palace

Beach Palace
Ranked #13 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
Luckey, Ohio
“Wonderful Treatment at The Beach Palace!”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

This is from Mick in Ohio and I want to mention several of the workers at the Beach Palace Resort in Cancun. This was our families second trip to the Beach Palace and I wanted to mention those who helped make our trip 5 star.
Yanet, Fernando, Tatiana, Bravlia, Gabriela, Angel, and Andres. Then a special "Thank You" and "Good Job" go out to Yadira for always keeping our room in wonderful shape. All these people treat you like kings & queens during your stay.

Room Tip: The gulf side rooms are much better. We actually had the presidential sweet and that was awesome wit...
2 Thank Moneydriver

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,751)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Luckey, Ohio
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The workers at Beach Palace are unbelievable. They take good care of you and always put on a smile. If you ever have any concern or problem they are gladly to help. The Beach Palace is already a beautiful place to stay but the workers make it that much better. The servers that come up to you by the pool are at the beach just allow you to be that much more lazy on your vacation. They will take orders anywhere from water to daiquiris to a cheese burger and will gladly bring it to you. The gentlemen that work at the bar are fascinating. They have people yelling out right and left give me this give me that, and work it up as fast as the can and always let you know "it was their pleasure". The Beach Palace is a fantastic place to go with friends and family and the Palace makes you feel right at home and not want to leave.

I was told to come to this website to rate a few of the people that worked there but I cannot seem to find where that is so I will put their names here: Yanet, Fernando, Yadira. These three people are fantastic servers, along with the rest. Yanet always is ready to bring you whatever you want to make you happy. Fernando has worked at Beach Palace for 20 years now and still always has a smile and gives you his best service. Yadira is another great server with lots of smiles and jokes.

Room Tip: The best rooms are on the ocean side. The lagoon side is nice but ocean side is just that much bette...
1 Thank Christine F
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

We went for a good friends wedding so we did not pick this resort. I was so happy she did! We had a fabulous time! Everyone was especially nice & helpful. The entire place was very clean. The housekeeping staff was wonderful and attentive. At the pool & bars we were treated like royalty... Getting everything we asked for & drink refills without asking. The wedding was beautiful and the reception was so much fun! Luz on the lower pool deck and beach was so sweet. Sergio (pachis) Luis & Eric up at the Sky Pool/Bar were so much fun! Our favorite was Jose... He got us a table at Woc our first night there when we were starved and in need of a great glass of wine after our long trip! He kept checking on us and was the perfect host. We saw him throughout our whole trip and he always had a kind word and a smile. We even found out he had lived near us in Baltimore and some of the people in our group had friends in common with him. He is a huge asset to your resort!

• Stayed June 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I gave Beach Palace a 4 star review but to be fair, this just might not be the resort for me for reasons beyond Beach Palace’s control. We stayed at Cozumel Palace over New Year’s 2013 and I would have given Cozumel a 5+ rating. It was that wonderful. We didn’t quite have the same experience at Beach Palace

Staff
Some staff members were absolutely wonderful – Carolina & Luis on the beach, Victor in the buffet restaurant and the housekeeping was fantastic. But I did have some not so ‘pleasurable’ experiences varying from saying ‘no’ to my drink (not wine) request while providing the same drink to people at the next table, telling me not to use an unmarked/not-saved empty lounger because somebody is having lunch and almost every Resort Credit or Spa booking somehow had a problem.

Beach
Absolutely wonderful beach and beach service. But need to be very watchful of where you’re allowed to swim. The whistling lifeguards do keep you in a tight formation and I did see some swimmers have issues, though I never felt an undertow myself.

Rooms
Family Room was large, wonderful and comfortable. Housekeeping did a great job everyday. I do think the Ocean View is a must. The lagoon view was just not quite enough for me.

I felt the food choices at the buffet got a little boring after 10 days with not a lot of variety from the grill. The Italian restaurant got really high marks from my group and the Asian restaurant was a great change.

Overall
I found the service to be spotty with some greatness and some not so great. The pool area is extremely busy with loungers almost fully ‘reserved’ with shoes and books by 8:30am. The beach is absolutely beautiful and not to be missed.

These are the things that aren’t the resort’s fault but just didn’t work for me: I found the lobby to be a chaotic place, not calm or relaxing and the constant wait for elevators got quite tiresome as well.

Room Tip: I would have very much preferred an ocean view rather than the view of the lagoon (Family Room) we h...
1 Thank WhatFarmer
Independence, Kentucky
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was our fifth year going to the Beach Palace and the staff knows us by name. It's nice to know that whatever requests we make, they will try their best to accommodate them...and believe me, our family and guests are high maintenance. We love Gabriella, Erique, Alfredo and all the staff there. We can't wait to go back next year!

Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We picked this hotel based on great reviews. We took our two young ones and they had a fantastic time at the pool with the pool slide and the Kid's Club was very well run and fun for them. The property was very clean, the beach was perfect and the food was very, very good. I have been to other all-inclusives and the food is not usually that great at all but this place was incredible food wise. The one complaint we had was the room service. THe menu was limited and they got our order wrong both times but they did quickly correct it. I would highly recommend this hotel!

Edmonton
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had an amazing time at this resort. Service was excellent all around, the staff works hard to make your stay amazing. The food was excellent at the buffet and all the restaurants. Our favourite was Bocelli's. The Wok was really good as well. You must try the fried ice cream at the Wok, and of course the Banana flambé. My 10 & 8 yr. old loved the slide at the pool. That is where we spent most of our days. The beach was amazing with its white sand and crystal clear waters we had fun swimming in the ocean. Kids loved jumping through the waves. We used our resort credits towards jewellery at the boutique, the spa, and sub see adventure which is a boat tour out to the ocean then you go on a submarine ride and then snorkelling. We also did the Captain Hook excursion, the kids loved it. The Isla shopping centre is just down the road, perfect walking distance. Lots of shops and a large souvenir market. The coolest thing we experienced was seeing the huge sea turtles laying their eggs on the beach at night. We would walk along the beach at night between 10 - midnight that is when they would come out of the ocean. That was really amazing.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family