“A dream come true”

GreenLeadersGold level
New York City, New York, USA
“A dream come true”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Attending a conference, with the most happy group ever, that was enchanted even more by a friendly staff, amazing food at every meal - even snacks and tea & coffee service placed around the hotel. The pool was breathtaking, with entertainment, and water on the beach so clear and blue I didn't know existed in nature anymore! I've been at some fine hotels, but this was the most impressive ever! Wow!!

Room Tip: I stayed on the lagoon side with a beautiful view of water
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank ExploringAgain

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,742)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Pasadena, California
Reviewed May 13, 2013

From the moment you arrive, the staff does an amazing job of taking care of you. Its been said here before "...It's really hard to find the words that describe our experience at the Beach Palace..." The beach is amazing, the view is amazing and the food is awesome. From the beach snack bar to the roof top SkyBar, you are always taking care of.

And after you had a chance to check in, please head up to the roof to see Oscar, Yanet & Alberto. They are the best, make sure you ask Oscar to surprise you with a local favorite drink. You will not be disappointed.

Nothing beats the all inclusive + the Palace...

Tip: Take a day trip over to the Isla Mujeres Palace, you will love it.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a Beach View!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Yorktown, Virginia
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Our trip to Beach Palace started off with a flight to Atlanta on a Delta Airlines, MD-88 aircraft. Once we arrived in Atlanta, we transferred to a Delta 757 for the flight to Cancun. What a cattle car that was. The seats were so closely pack together that if that aircraft had gone down the passengers could not assume the traditional crash position. We were seated in there like sardines in a can. If they continue to use this aircraft for this trip I will be on US Airways next year for sure.
Arriving in Cancun along with another 757 is horrific in terms for getting through customs and immigration. It could take hours. We had a disabled passenger with us so we went right through the line and into the melee in the airport and tried to get through the masses of timeshare, transportation and tours sales folks to get to our transportation to Beach Palace. It's always like that in Cancun so beware, if you have transportation thru your resort you have to get thru the gauntlet so to speak. They'll tell you anything you need to hear to get to take you to your destination then charge you an arm and a leg. We had no problems, avoided them, and met our transporters outside the airport as usual.
After a quick trip to Beach Palace the magic begins. This Palace Resort has the best beach in Mexico in my opinion and the rooms overlook the beach and ocean's beautiful turquoise waters. Para sails abound and jet skis are plentiful. The waves were nice and there was no under tow during our stay, even though the red flags were out every day. I think they just leave them out so folks will be wary of the surf. It is dangerous and people drown there every year.
The rooms each have a double Jacuzzi and either double beds or a king size bed. You can upgrade your room to a concierge level room and get aroma therapy, pillow choices and a special concierge menu for the provided 24 hour room service along with turn down service each evening.
The hotel itself is smaller than Moon Palace but big enough so you're not crowded. The restaurants were nicely appointed and the food was excellent. The service was the most outstanding thing about this hotel as it is with all the Palace Resorts I have been to in the past. Just overwhelmingly friendly and glad to help you in any way they can. All the employees are top notch and they aim to please. Drinks are plentiful and brought to you at the pool or on you lounger. The sky pool is a quiet place to mellow out before 3:00 PM, then the crowd from the main pool on the first floor come up because the sun goes down behind the hotel and puts that pool into the shade. Depending on how many people come up and what shape they are in, the sky pool gets louder at 3:00 PM or not so much. You can take a free bus trip to Moon Palace for the day and they will bring you back at either 5 or 7 PM. They also have a wonderful Spa team and the massage and manicures/pedicures were very relaxing. I can recommend this resort to anyone without reservation. Please feel free to contact me for details if you plan to go to Cancun. I have a bunch of useful information and will answer any questions I can for your trip. We enjoyed our trip immensely and I plan to take the family there next year. For my money, Palace Resorts are the Best Value for yor maney.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are the best for those that like to look at the ocean all day but most days you are...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank OldUSAFMsgt
Rougemont
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Great location, and one of the best beach areas in Cancun. Very fun atmosphere, probably not the resort if you are looking for quiet time, but a def for having a good time. Space is a little tight and tipping seemed to be the rule rather than the exception, but all in all an excellent hotel. Plus, being a Palace Resort you can use the other locations if you need a getaway, and I would def recommend Moon Palace for that.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 12, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed for 6 days at the beginning of May. It was definitely the best possible experience we could have had in Cancun. The beach Palace staff provided excellent (and I mean EXCELLENT) customer service. They were always ready to help us whenever we had any questions. The food was amazing (Bocelli is the best..) and they did whatever they could to cater to your tastes. It was honestly a great experience.

Considering the fact that we're only in our early 20's, the crowd was a bit older and more family oriented (though there were a lot of couples there as well). Nonetheless, we got along with many of the staff there and enjoyed our

The only negative part we really experienced in the trip was the Jacuzzi in the room being a little dirty when it turned on (not the tub itself, but rather when the jets started flowing). Though It got better once we got them to clean it again and as we used the jacuzzi more.

Thank you Jose Eduardo, Moises, Edgar, Yenni, Mariana, Teresa, and Florentina for making our stay that much more of an amazing experience!

P.S. go do a facial or a massage at the spa. you won't regret it.

Room Tip: Get the corner rooms so you have a bigger balcony. Lagoon view is just as beautiful as ocean view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Rob W
UK
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Excellent hotel that I hope to return to and will absolutely recommend to others.
The hotel is clean, modern with excellent restaurants. This is my 4th visit to Cancun having stayed at Gran Melia and Moon Palace in the past.
The beach is great, ocean is choppy but that is normal for Cancun most days, I spent most of my days relaxing on the beach and was well looked after by Angel who worked the beach every day, in the scorching heat and always had a smile and ensured I had a drink and asked if I was ok. I am sure the size of Palace Resorts organisation has some sort of Employee Recognition scheme, I would like to nominate Angel! The majority of the staff were really excellent, friendly and always available to help which is what makes this hotel stand out as others have also pointed out. Thanks also to Rafael in the Steakhouse, very kind and courteous, thank you.
Food was lovely, perhaps less choice in the buffet than I have experienced at other hotels, but still nice. I ate at the hotel every night and enjoyed each meal.
Also I think small things like free wireless throughout the hotel and parasols on the beach , turndown service, drinks are not watered down, all make for a really good hotel. They may be small things but they make the difference in making this hotel stand out from others for me.
I have awarded the hotel 4 stars and not 5 purely based on two things that I experienced personally and maybe others will not:
1) I had requested a high floor (as most people do) and resort view. When I checked in I was told I was on a low floor as only low floors have resort views which is fair enough. I enquired if there were any rooms a little higher ( I travelled alone and probably spend a little more time in my room in the evenings so would have been nice to have a higher floor for privacy if I wanted to sit out and read etc). I was told there was a room on the 6th floor but I would have to pay an upgrade fee per night. I asked why and was told that as I had requested a resort view, a change would make it an upgrade (regardless of the fact I also requested a high room at time of booking!). I don't feel that this situation warrants an upgrade fee (if was ocean view high floor then yes!) I was a little disappointed with this approach. However, room was very nice, I just did not feel comfy sitting out on my balcony facing a terrace but it did not spoil my trip.
2)Part of my holiday is to indulge in spa treatments, usually 3/4 per trip. I had one treatment this time (back massage which was very nice) and that is mainly down to the gentleman on the reception of the spa desk making the bookings. I am sorry to say I found him unapproachable, and a little unhelpful. No one had explained resort credits to me, not even sure if I was entitled?! I simply enquired about the cost of my massage and was told 2/3 different prices and so I asked again just so no confusion when I came to check out and was told 'I just told you...'. Again, just a little disappointing and made me feel a little uncomfortable. I did not return based on this experience but would recommend the spa as there were some lovely treatments on offer and if you are entitled to resort credits and have this explained to you then I would recommend you find time to treat yourself :)

Room Tip: High floor, lagoon or ocean view. Sun goes round the front of the hotel (lagoon side) around 4pm so...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Annie G
Noblesville, Indiana
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I'm still somewhat new to all inclusive resorts, but I cannot say enough praises about my experience at Beach Palace. The staff.....WOW it's hard to put it into words how great they were. ANYTHING you need "it would be their pleasure". The rooms are very nice and all rooms come with a Jacuzzi tub. I definitely advise to pay extra to get a beach front room. We had 2 rooms, one on the beach and one on the lagoon. The food at Beach Palace was by far the best quality and best selection/variety that I've seen at an all inclusive resort. For dinner you have the choice between a chinese, italian, outdoor steakhouse, and the buffet, The sushi at the Wok was my favorite meal. But the experience at Terraza(the outdoor steakhouse on the beach!) was a great experience. Our waiter, Luis, went above and beyond for our entire trip. The entire staff went above and beyond, but Luis will make your day!

I asked everyone in my group to give me ONE complaint about the resort or the staff. None of us could name one thing they could have done better. GO TO BEACH PALACE if you want a word class beach and want to be completely pampered.

Room Tip: Definitely do what you can to get a beach view room instead of lagoon view. Especially if it is in...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends