“Marco Polo - Tour Guide”
Review of Beach Palace

Beach Palace
Ranked #16 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
Brooklyn, New York
“Marco Polo - Tour Guide”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

The Beach Palace Hotel is as good as it has been rated - but the real highlight of our vacation was the tour to Tulum, hosted by Sr. Marco Polo. As tour guides go, he was exceptionally knowledgeable of the history of the Mayan culture and Tulum. I am 62 years old and have encountered numerous tour guides in my many travels around the world, but Sr. Marco Polo was hands-down the best I have ever had. If you are fortunate enough to have him host your visit to a Mayan historical site, you will be well-informed and quite satisfied with your excursion!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Mike M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,767)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful time at the Beach Palace. The food was amazing, the service was amazing.

The hotel and rooms were very stylish and clean.

It is a great place for couples and families.

My husband and I will be going there again next year!

Room Tip: Having a room on the beach side is amazing!
3 Thank Jennifer M
Grand Forks, ND
Reviewed February 16, 2013

My husband and I just returned from an amazing week at the Beach Palace. This was our second trip to the Palace resort family and we plan on visiting again next year. All staff members were very friendly and helpful. The beach front is spectacular and Eduardo delivered us many drinks with a friendly smile. He was even willing to take pictures for us on our last full day. Jorge was always asking us if we needed our umbrella moved and took great care of us. Gabriella makes the best omelettes and was one of the most friendly people at the resort; going out of her way to serve everybody with speed and friendliness. We really enjoyed our massages at the spa and pedicures as well. Overall value for the money spent is by far the best deal for an all-inclusive resort with the $1500 credit. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for the experience and we hope to see you some time in the near future.

Room Tip: We enjoyed a lagoon side room with a gorgeous sunset view.
4 Thank Cathy W
Davidson, North Carolina
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I guess my expectations were just a little too high. Indeed the vast majority of the staff is excellent. The service at the pools and beach is top notch. Food and drinks are good too. But Beach Palace certainly does not meet my definition of 5 Star.

The room. We needed to choose a lower floor because my young son does not like elevators. So our lagoon facing room really only overlooks the adjacent building and their piles of construction trash. But hey, our choice given elevator "issues" so I can't blame the hotel. The room is nice, but one day your room may be cleaned at 10 AM and the next day 5 PM. And use your breakfast door hanging card and you will never see another one replaced in your room!

The pool. Nice pool, but you will need to set your alarm for 6 AM or sooner if you want a chair. Chair hogs are out in full force, never seen anything like it! Even cruise ships don't have this bad of a chair problem. People waking up at 5 AM and reserving 10 chairs, really?

Facilities and restaurants. Facilities are great, but things seem overrun with people and very crowded. Buffet is quite crowded as are a la carte restaurants. I can understand that, but again just a little disappointed as this does not feel like what you would expect from a 5 star facility.

Overall we are having a good time, beach is beautiful and weather is great. Just need to temper my expectations and decide if Beach Palace is worthy of the premium price versus other hotels in Cancun.

Stayed February 2013
4 Thank RER1966
Oceanside, New York
Reviewed February 14, 2013

This was our second time with Palace resorts and it confirmed how much we loved it. The location is ideal. You're only steps away form the beach. As soon as we came down we were offered chairs and umbrellas. The bartenders on the beach are always circulating-no need to miss a bit of sun. The rooms are beautiful and kept very clean. The staff treats you like royalty. With $1500 in resort credits (you only have to pay 11% tax) we took 2 intro to golf lessons of 2 hours, a couples massage and facial, free excursions, free mani-pedi and checked out with a bill of $87. Try that on a cruise.The food is good but not amazingly so but the pluses far outweigh the minuses. I highly recommend Palace for your vacation to Cancun. We liked it so much we did become members.

Room Tip: away from the elevators. if you're not a member you won't get an ocean view room, but the l...
5 Thank Karen S
Gothenburg, Nebraska
Reviewed February 14, 2013

The beach front here is amazing! The staff is first class. The wait staff's professional appearance and demeanor made our trip! As I stated in the title, Eduardo was our pool waiter for an entire day and he was amazing!! Probably the best I have ever had and definately he is the reason we will be coming back!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank ScottWendy
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We stayed at this hotel from February 2 nd thru the 12th, I cannot emphasize and say how pleased we were with all the staff there! They were very helpful and so sincere, we just felt so comfortable and felt like we were treated like royalty! I have two kids one that is 4 and another that is 11. My oldest was hesitant in going to the kids club they have, by the way kids club is included at no extra fee. After the first visit my kids did not want to leave! They had planned activities for them from making their own pizzas to cookies, crafts , had piñata party for them .. The staff there. Karen and Denise were superb! They were wonderful! My kids fell in love with them and they were sad when we had to go since they made two new friends:)
The pools were clean and wonderful And you would always be asked by their employees if you needed any drinks or food.. They have a pool on top of their roof so when it would get cooler in the evening we would use the pool on the roof. Their pools were all heated so they were comfortable to be in! The pool on the rooftop had a 360 degree view where we would watch the sunset and it would shield us from any wind.. I was sad when we had to leave and we would definitely come back to this hotel!!!

• Stayed February 2013