The below items are why I rated this 4 stars versus 5. Really this resort was more a 4.5 stars but you don't have this option when rating.
- Towels by the pool were hit and miss at times (5 star resort should not run out of towels for multiple hours on multiple days. I could have personally excused one day of this happening without giving it a second thought.)
- First room we were in the shower glass was very dirty and looked as if the soap scum had not been removed for weeks from the glass doors. (I have glass shower at home myself and know first hand that they can get dirty quickly without constant cleaning)
-Hot tub was more lukewarm at best of the time
-Reservation wasn't kept by hotel and had to go back on second day to rectify room category despite calling hotel in advance and explaining we would be around 7 hours later (our first plane caught fire and have to have an emergency landing causing us to be delayed to arriving in the evening versus early afternoon) we paid for 15 nights in a superior deluxe ocean front room and requested several months in advance to be on a higher floor away from the elevator. Upon arrival we were told they thought our reservation was for a couple only two and not three (we had our 15 year old son with us) and they had no rooms in our category with two beds but could give us a rollaway cot for the extra person and placed us on the first floor directly in front of elevator. Ayer complaining that this was not what we paid a lot of money for we were told we could come back the next day after 2pm and see what they could do to rectify the situation. It took two visits to the front desk but they did give us a room on the 7th floor that had more amenities added (aroma therapy and a pillow menu, iPod clock) with king size bed. Our son still had to sleep on roll away cot bed. Room was a level above what we paid but still for Round 12,000 US dollars no one should have to sleep on a cot bed...
Now what made the resort...
- The service by the pool exceptional!!! They would have our drinks for us before we could even sit down and constantly keep them refreshed without asking. At times we were laying out and didn't even realize she had came by and brought us new drinks. They were like little drink ninjas. Lol.
- Turn down service we a nice touch and we did enjoy room service that was quick and accurately done.
- Location of resort was about 1 block from 5 star outdoor mall
- Food was 3.5 stars on buffet and 4-5 stars at the steak, Asian and Italian places
- loungers on balcony were also very nice and comfortable
- employees doing their overall best to make our stay nice
- The overall atmosphere was pleasant even with it being a family resort
- The nightly shows surprisingly very good quality (must sees are the Michael Jackson show and Fire show *the acrobatics and choreography was really good
- Beach has lifeguards and sand is smooth, white and waters are very clear and beautiful. *you can still find the occasional seashell if you are a collector like me.
I will return despite the bumpy beginning and this really is solely due to the staff and location of this resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you are seeking a sensational family vacation resort look no further. A beautiful stretch of white sand, premier location in the heart of Cancun's hotel zone close to La Isla shopping and entertainment options, and the modern facilities of Beach Palace create the perfect combination for an unforgettable escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Beach Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach Palace Cancun
- Beach Palace Hotel Cancun
- Beach Palace Resort