“Heaven on Earth!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Indiana
“Heaven on Earth!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

This was probably my best trip to Cancun. I can't say enough about the amenities & people who make up this wonderful resort. From the moment we checked in we were treated like royalty. I don't think anyone here knows the word no as anything I requested was delivered with a smile. The food is superb. Wonderful location very close to everything or hop on the bus right out from the resort for around $1 if walking is not your thing. Awesome views of the ocean & loved the jacuzzi right in our room. A few more things to mention are the great service we received at the spa & we loved movie night where we could lay outside with the huge screen, watch a movie & take in the stars & ocean sounds all at the same time. WE WILL DEFINITELY BE BACK! Some people I would like to mention for their unbelieveable service are Marleni-guest services. Florentina at the spa from who I received 2 massages. One was not enough! Angel at the front desk who was very friendly. Valencia & Dominga pool & beach drink waitress' who always brought our drinks with smiles on their faces. And last but not least to Rodolfo Huesea & Miguel Sarabia from the sports bar who we spent many fun nights with. You guys were a blast. Again a wonderful resort & can't wait to go back!!!!

Room Tip: Choose the ocean side. Very wonderful views & large balconies with lounge beds on them.
3 Thank kobejack

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,730)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Hauppauge, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

Had an amazing time at Beach Palace. The resort is beautiful, the food is outstanding. But what makes this resort so wonderful is the staff. They go above and beyond to make sure you have everything you want and always do it with a smile. Only first class service.I have to give a special mention to Efren Beltran Diaz, the Public Relations Manager at the resort. He made sure that my family and friends had a fantastic time and really took care of us. I can't wait to go back to Beach Palace.

Anaheim, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

The staff at the Beach Palace were awesome! Jose on the beach set up chairs, and umbrellas, the guys in the pizza area walked our pizza's to the beach, Roger in the Steakhouse was so nice and made a special effort to get a special beer for us. Italian restaurant waiters were so nice and fun! Food at all the restaurants was great.

Amsterdam, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

This was our first time to Beach Palace and we were very pleased with the resort. The location is perfect along with the workers. I wish I could remember everyones name, but the ones I did remember was our waiter from breakfas tLaurencio, Israel from the Spa who gave great facials, Xaevier from the special dinner on the beach, Miguel Alfredo, Heremliinda, Maria Jose.from the Skybar. While out on the beach, the waitstaff worked tiredly walking on the sand to bring us water, cocktails and food. I would recommend going as you wont be disappointed from the minute yoo get there from the minute you leave.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

The Beach Palace is an amazing hotel. It's luxurious with great rooms and a good choice of restaurants and entertainment.

But the staff is what makes it first class. I have never met such wonderful people who can't do enough for you.
To mention a few, at breakfast Gaby, Roman and Manual really brighten your morning. By the pool, Isabel, Sarahi and Dominga are brilliant and so friendly. On the beach there is Angel, Daniel, Yadira and Janet who are the best. In the evening, Victor is the sports bar is great. Abraham, Victor, Sebastian, Gilmer and Juan are all fabulous. Thank you to everyone for making our holiday so wonderful.

• Stayed October 2012
Pensacola, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

First I will leave a review of the hotel and then farther down I will leave a review of the wedding.

This was my first stay at a Palace resort and my second time in Cancun. I can say with the upmost confidence that when I go back to Cancun I will be staying at the Beach Palace resort again. The hotel I stayed at the first time wasn’t a bad hotel, but they did not go the "extra mile" that the Beach palace did for me and my 16 wedding guests that were also staying at the resort. I have so many good things to say about this resort and their staff that I will break it down into categories.

Food.
The food was wonderful. I ate at every restaurant at the hotel and was satisfied after leaving each one. The Buffett has so many options to choose from! The type of food they cooked reminded me of my mother in laws homemade cooking (and she is a phenomenal cook). Bocelli was fantastic. The Wok was just ok, but not bad (What do you expect though? It’s a Chinese restaurant in Mexico). We ate at La Terraza the most as a group because everyone enjoyed the steak and the cool night air.
For an all-inclusive resort, they don’t skimp on portions nor do they sacrifice good quality in their ingredients. I was a little nervous when I chose an all-inclusive hotel because many of the guests on my Husbands side are food hounds. They pride themselves on their culinary background and their sophisticated palates. Fortunately for me, they were all very pleased as well.
I was also nervous about people in my group getting ill from the water or the food. We had no problems with the resorts food or water. Some of the guests got sick, but from outside restaurants so as long as you stick with the food at the resort, you should be fine.

Alcoholic Beverages.
As stated earlier regarding the food, for an all-inclusive resort they do not try to cheat you on alcohol! Every drink they made was a strong one. And the wine, liquor, beer, and champagne used was not cheap either! You will not go wanting in the alcohol department at the Beach Palace. I personally guarantee it!

Room service/ Cleanliness.
Impeccable. I could not believe there was no trace of mold anywhere at that hotel. It is such a humid climate and I don’t understand how they do it! For my entire stay the whole hotel smelled of lemony goodness. They have their cleanliness down to changing out the cigarette butts in the sandy ash trays every five minutes. So you know if that is taken care of, so is the rest. Also, I never once felt like I had to hide my valuables from the cleaning service while I was out. In fact, I never did use the hotel safe and I had no issues of valuables missing from my room.

Hotel Service.
As a whole, the entire hotel staff was amazing. From the waiters at the restaurants, to the bar tenders, to the conciers desk, all of them are proactive to serving you and very attentive when you have a request. I honestly could not say enough nice things about them. Everyone in my group was amazed at how nice and wonderful they all are.
By the 2nd day, they waitresses by the pool knew my favorite drink and everyone else’s favorite drink in my party. By the 5th day we knew them by name and they did not even have to bother asking us what we wanted, they would just bring it to us. If I had to pick a quality about this hotel that stood out the most it would be the Staff and service provided. They will go above and beyond for you.

Beach.
Beautiful and clean. Like a post card. They provide lawn chairs and umbrellas at the beach for free.

Location.
This hotel is in the best part of Cancun! Right in the Heart of all of the attractions. La Isla is a beautiful shopping mall located across the street and within walking distance of the hotel. Many other restaurants and shopping centers are a 3 minute bus ride away. Coco bongo is just down the street.

Spa.
I personally did not go to the spa at the hotel. However, 5 of my wedding guests did. They used some of their hotel credits towards the spa and loved it so much the first time, they all paid from pocket to go again the next day. So I guess it is safe for me to say that the spa is a great venture if you are into that kind of thing.

The overall value of the hotel.
I know the Beach Palace can look kind of pricey, but the price is well worth the stay. Also, many forget that one of the most expensive expenses on vacation is food and alcohol, but when you book your stay at the Beach Palace, you don’t have to factor food and drink into your budget. It's already paid for. Keep that in mind.
For the Price that I paid I got my money’s worth and more.

WEDDING
My Wedding at the resort was perfect. And I am not using the word perfect because I can’t think of a better term, I mean it, my wedding was literally perfect.
I will start my review from the beginning. I had at least 6 hotels I was looking at to get married in Cancun. Through a long series of pros and cons lists and some serious research on hotel reviews and wedding reviews I chose the Beach Palace. They have the best mix of wedding and hotel reviews out of all I had researched. My research was sweetly rewarded with the best day of my life going perfectly.
I am going to list the reasons why every bride should have a destination wedding at the beach palace.
1) It makes financial sense!
The total cost of my wedding (including my wedding dress, pictures and wedding gift to my husband) was about $6,500. I did some the research on the cost of a dinky wedding in the small town of Whitesburg Ga. The cheapest I could get the traditional wedding down to was $13,000. And that was cutting out A LOT of good stuff most brides would like to have at their wedding. I don’t know about you, but I am very practical with my money and that is just too much for one day and the massive headache of planning the whole thing.
The wedding collection I was looking at was the Exotic Peacock. It starts at $3,000. The Exotic Peacock collection offers more than what I could swing with the $13,000 in Whitesburg Ga. This was an obvious "no brainer". Not to mention they had a $1500 hotel credit I could apply to my wedding expenses. And on top of the $1500 hotel credit, if I could acquire a specific amount of room nights between my guests (which I did) I could receive a free cocktail hour for my wedding day. As I said, it makes financial sense.
2) The Hotel wedding staff does all of the work for you.
I can’t tell you how many brides have told me their wedding day was one of the worst days of their lives because of the stress and people they were trying to manage all on their own. A wedding takes a lot of work and some serious management. At the Beach Palace I barely lifted a finger. I simply told them what I wanted, when I wanted it, how I wanted it and it was done. Correctly. The first time.
I can contribute the amazing job done on my wedding to Mario Yam, the coordinator for my wedding. Not only was he very organized and attentive to me, he was a pleasure to work with. I had small requests that were outside what the collection offered and he would say to me every time "We can work with that, it's no problem." I will give you an example of how nice it was to work with him. My cocktail hour was supposed to start at 5 pm. We did not get done with the group pictures after the ceremony till 5:20pm. I was starting to worry I would not get to have a full hour at my cocktail hour. He told me to just relax and have fun. He would make sure I would have my full hour and not be charged extra for the time. He took all of the stress off of my shoulders and took care of everything. He went above and beyond the call of a wedding coordinator.
3) The Beach Palace will go out of their way to make sure the bride and groom feel special.
The first night we were there, we got a call at 7pm from the front desk asking us if we were interested in upgrading our resort view room to an ocean view room for free. Well Duh! Heck yeah we do. When we asked why this was offered to us they simply said "The room was not booked and we know you are on your honeymoon. We thought you might like the view." How awesome was that?!
Then, for your wedding night, they will decorate your room in rose pedals (real rose pedals) and leave you a bottle of champagne with some seriously good chocolate cake.
There were several other small occasions where the staff would see the color of our wrist bands and make a point to say congratulations.
4) The photographers offered at the hotel are amazing.
If you are like me, pictures are a HUGE deal. I was in contact with the photographer weeks before my wedding making sure they would know what they were doing. (I am a photographer myself. So is my Mother and Maid of honor). When he got to the hotel to take pictures, he got right to work. As I watched him I could tell he knew what he was doing. He was also very willing to work with me and get some odd pictures I wanted. He gets a 10 out of 10.
5) Hair and nails can be taken care of at the Hotel salon.
I was SOOOOO nervous that the salon at the hotel would not do my hair like I wanted it done. I underestimated them greatly. Patricia did my hair and she was a professional. Didn’t speak a lick of English (made me even more nervous) but she knew how to do the beautiful wedding hair styles. She did exactly as I asked and gave me a bonus head massage while washing my hair.
6) The Beach Palace offers the Sky Terrace for a ceremony location.
This is one of the more important points of why you should pick the Beach Palace for a Wedding. The sky terrace is the highest point of the hotel overlooking the sea and the lagoon. It is surrounded by 6 ft tall glass to help break the wind (so your hair and dress doesn’t fly everywhere). Most importantly, it is COMPLETELY private. Think about it, most girls (including me) envision themselves getting married on the beach. What they don’t factor in is the fact that they will have sweaty strangers sunbathing less than 10 ft away from them as they say their vows. Gross. The solution to this? Sky Terrace. The view from up there is more breath taking than the ocean itself. I am so glad I had the foresight to realized the whole getting married on the beach thing is more romantic in your head than in reality. (picture listed below)

Overall, I could not be happier with my wedding day. If I could do it all over again, I would not change a thing.
I hope this review helps a frazzled bride trying to make a decision.

Room Tip: The ocean view is worth the price!
9 Thank D'rea S
Scottsdale, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

This is the typical high rise hotel you would find anywhere like San Fran, LA or NYC. But why would you want that in a beautiful place like Cancun. The beach area for the Palace is very small. There are many other hotels on the beach, so the area is always crowded. The food is good. You get a $1500 resort credit if you stay for a week. But I recommend some of the other Palace properties first, as this Sky Rise Hotel just doesn't belong in Cancun.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business