“Beach Palace Wedding”

GreenLeadersGold level
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, United States
“Beach Palace Wedding”
Reviewed March 9, 2012

We were recently married on the roof top of the Beach Palace and couldn't have been happier with our experience. Our onsite wedding coordinator (Mario) was absolutely fantastic in making sure all of our questions and concerns were answered immediately! All of the staff that helped with our wedding were incredibly polite and ready and willing to help our guests with whatever they needed. We had a cocktail party in addition to the wedding and reception and everything went off better than could be expected. Not only were we incredibly happy with our experience but so were our 30 guests!!!

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with any room in this hotel!!!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Tyson S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,752)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Columbus, Ohio, United States
Reviewed March 9, 2012

We traveled to the Beach Palace from 2/25-3/3/12 and had a FABULOUS trip. We have stayed at multiple palace hotels and the BEST thing about all of them is the SERVICE! So many places throughout the US and Europe make you feel that it is your priviledge to stay at their hotel/resort; NOT at the Palace Resorts! Every time we go, (4 yrs and different hotels), we feel like royalty. The staff are fantastic and really go out of their way to make you feel welcome and that "it is their pleasure" to serve us. We received fantastic service by the pool and beach from Isobel and Angel, not to mention many others....Victor went out of his way when we took our excursion to the Isla Palace, what a gem! Angel and Regina did a great job, and how could we forget breakfast and lunch with Andres and Rodolfo-they kept the mimosas flowing and remembered us every morning! Andres even made my friends a "Mexican Gatorade" when they came back from a run looking "worn out!"
Gabriella makes the best omelettes in the morning and it is so refreshing to be greeted by people who enjoy their job and really go out of their way to interact with the guests!
We love the Palace Resorts-went with 7 girls this year, the first year only one was a member, by now, four of us are members!
The resort, rooms, pools, beach, workout area, all are clean and smell wonderful.
Housekeeping wonderful-room clean and fresh smelling every day with turn down service at night.
I did read another review re: going during convention and I can't comment too much as we left that day at 10am, but we did notice that the night before we left, the hallways were much noisier than usual..
We were right behind the elevators, and never heard a sound.
The restaurants all have good food, we liked the Italian best, and went there 3 times! We were a little disappointed in the mexican restaurant, not much mexican to choose from!
The spa is small compared to other resorts, but the staff there are wonderful, all spa treatments got thumbs up-and that's saying a lot from 7 women!
All in all, another successful Palace stay-we just love it there-the STAFF really make it great! If you want to be pampered, go to a Palace Resort.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank BarbieFan68
Wellsboro, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 8, 2012

This was our first time to the Carribean. We were directed to the Palace resorts by our travel advisor. The staff is top of the line. We liked the sky top bar and pool, where we were very fortunate to meet Yadira and Oscar. The food is outstanding and very well prepared. For one of the best made to order omlet make sure you find Gabriela in the main buffet. We felt very safe in Cancun. We wittnessed that the bellman staff would write down your band number and document what time you left and the liscence plate of the taxi. After dark they would also, check wrist bands entering the resort, making sure there was no one in the resort that did not belong. The staff is always cleaning. The spa is top notch, if you want the best message ever book with Gloria.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are the best.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Henry B
Naugatuck, Connecticut
Reviewed March 7, 2012

My fiance and I inspected this hotel and Moon Palace, for our 2013 wedding. We immediately fell in love with Beach Palace and all it has to offer. Everything was clean, the food and drinks were delicious and plentiful, the staff was professional and welcoming and the Hotel Zone location was perfect for night life and daytime shopping.
We booked our wedding as soon as we returned home and have had 0 issues since. If you are considering a wedding here, please remember that although this is a top-rated resort, it is still in another country and they handle things slightly different than you may be use to. All communication is through email and with 3 key planners. The Miami office handles wedding bookings and site inspections. The hotel personel handle all group discounts and booking. And much much closer to your wedding date you will be put in touch with your actual wedding planner who will handle all the ceremony and reception details on you special day.
My fiance and I did not want to leave this beautiful "palace" and are counting down the days until our return.

Room Tip: Ocean view room is a must
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Melissa G
Louisville, KY
Reviewed March 7, 2012

Spent a week, Feb 28 - Mar 6th, 2012 at the Beach Palace. Pro's & Con's in a moment. Average rating would have been higher except for the convention they held on Sat & Sun while we were there. Conventioners must be more profitable because guests become second class during one of these. On Sat, 3/4 of the beach was taken by the convention. Guest loungers and beds were shoved together like sardines at the water's edge. The beach volley ball court, the beach soccer area, one of the pools, the pool deck closest to the beach and fully 3/4ths of the sand area was set up for games, etc for the convention. At mid-afternoon they took over about half of the main pool as well, for water volleyball games. A huge tent with tables for 240 conventioners was set up for their lunch. At the same time other tables were set up for 240 on the beach for their dinner. They had a band at night which woke us up at 2:30 and 3:00 a.m. On Sunday we awoke, at 7:30 a.m. mind you, and the main deck was set up with tables and chairs for the convention lunch. No merengue classes, no "guest" activities of any kind could take place at the pool. Let me also say that the conventioners never even came for lunch on Sunday.... a total waste for the "guests".
Room was great. Wait staff in restaurants were great. Italian restaurant was great. Very limited food choices, especially the buffet. Very limited! Won't be going back to Beach Palace. Try not to get a room directly across from the elevators, very noisy, voices carry big time. You will be awakened during the night.

Room Tip: Concierge floors 6 - 12 are wonderful, however, rooms ending in 08, 10, and 12 are directly across f...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank dignplant
Los Angeles
Reviewed March 5, 2012

The best way to describe my experience at the Beach Palace is "hit or miss." Either the service/amenity was outstanding or it was awful which leads to the entire experience being mediocre. My mother is a Palace member so we've been traveling to Cancun and staying at the various Palace resorts for years. The purpose of this trip was to do some "scouting" for my wedding. The ceremony/reception options at the Beach Palace are stunning but I'm finding it near impossible to actually get my wedding booked. Why I am begging someone to take my money? The process for booking this trip and trying to book a wedding/room block for 80 is completely inefficient and beyond time consuming. Despite being present at the resort, I was continually directed to ask my questions through the Miami office. Apparently it makes more sense to for the site inspection guide to ask his manager, who will ask her manager who will talk to the hotel manager who will tell the Miami coordinators who will then contact me. Instead of just walking downstairs to talk with the manager directly. Okay. I realize these are very specific complaints but it speaks to the overall bureaucracy of booking through the hotel and poor internal communication. Anyway, here's some additional info that may be more helpful for the majority.

ROOM: stunning ocean view (I booked an ocean view, was given a lagoon view upon check in and had to fight for this room. So check-in also become a disappointing hassle). The room was large and clean with a vary spacious balcony. The night time entertainment is in front of the pool so it's very loud until about 10pm. I didn't mind because I enjoyed watching the shows from the comfort of my balcony but keep that in mind if you want to sleep before 10pm.

FOOD: Compared to the other Palace resorts, it was just ok. Everything was fresh and well stocked but the variety was lacking.

SERVICE: hit or miss. Either we were treated like royalty by socialible and charming staff OR we were treated like asking questions or to be seated at a table was a huge inconvenience. The worst was being asked multiple times for our room number AFTER we were seated at one of the restaurants and continued to get insinuating looks as if we had snuck in the resort.

POOL/BEACH: beautiful and clean. I didn't necessarily have any problems finding lounge chairs and umbrellas but I do wish the resort would implement some sort of policy that prevented people from reserving seats at 7am and disappearing for half the day. I watched from my balcony as people would put down towels and books then leave. I would walk past the same chairs at 2pm, with the towel and book in the same place. Not a big deal but also not fair to other guests.

I visited each Palace resort during this trip to view their wedding venues and while the Beach Palace had my favorite ceremony/reception locations, it was my least favorite overall. I found myself irritated and ready to leave by the 4th day and that's never been my attitude while on vacation. At the end of the day if you stay here you'll probably enjoy it BUT just temper your expectations beforehand.

Room Tip: Poolside rooms are noisy at night BUT the oversized balcony and beach/pool views are stunning!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank Kirsten B
Iowa
Reviewed March 5, 2012

We just returned from our first ever two week Beach Palace vacation. It was absolutely wonderful. We always thought that 1 week was just not long enough. The staff, as usual, were awesome. So eager to help from check-in to check-out. Gabrella made the best omelets, Yanette, Raphel, Izabelle,Victor, Sarah, Yadisa, Marie Jose, Luis, Fidel were there with smiles to serve us. Carlos @ the desk and Milly also @ the desk were very helpful. Giuin keep busy with all the activities. We went with another couple. We will be back to the Beach Palace next year. Hopefully for 2 weeks again!! Loved all the beautiful sunrises and sunsets!!

Room Tip: The extra $ for concierge is money well spent.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends