Sun Palace
$249
$337
$275
  • Breakfast included
Hard Rock Hotel Cancun(Cancun)
$465
$356
$269
  • Pool
Le Blanc Spa Resort(Cancun)
$800
$427
$508
$405
6,562 results
All reviewsthe concierge leveloriental loungesteakel alamopablo winklerla trattoitalian restaurantlobby baralamo restaurantroom serviceconcierge dinnerour honeymoonchef's dinnerresort creditactivity poolfire showdinner on the beach
Reviewed April 30, 2009

This hotel is so beautiful, from the moment we were driven to the front steps we were treated like royalty. The staff is so friendly and helpful. The grounds are very clean, and constantly being cleaned and tidied up. We had a wonderful 7 days. Even though I ended up getting sick, and was unable to take advantage of everything this beautiful resort had to offer, I will be going back.

The beach is so pretty, and the staff is constantly seeing to your every desire. Drinks are brought to you on the beach. Because this is one of the smaller of the Palace hotel chain, the staff is able to become more familiar with the guests and they greet you by name. We were so impressed by the friendliness of the staff, and their eagerness to please, they really go out of their way to make your stay special. Although this is an all inclusive, we did bring singles to tip the staff. A few dollars here and there does go a long way in assuring a little extra attention. It was worth it to us and we felt it was more than a fair exchange...a few dollars for above excellent service.

The prices in the jewelry and boutique shops are really fair for the quality of the items they stock. We ended up buying most of our gifts for family there and are much happier with the quality than what we could have purchased in the tourist markets.

The food was very good, and plentiful. My only complaint, as small as it is was that there was not a great deal of seafood. I thought because of where we were, there would be a good selection of seafood. There were a few fish choices and a seafood mix at the grill, but the steaks were the center of attention. The meat was good, and the cuts huge. Nothing to complain about there at all. Just not a lot of seafood. Such a small complaint, not a reason to mark this wonderful place down. The Italian resturant was very nice, with excellent service and to die for desserts. We very much enjoyed our meal there. Worth hubby putting on long pants and a collared shirt. The other eateries do not have that type of dress codes. If you enjoy wine, please do try the wine selections. We had some very nice wines while we were there.
Room service is included and we had breakfast in our room several days in order to take advantage of the treat of ordering in room service. The menu selection isn't extensive, but everything we had was very well prepared. Nice to spoil yourself. Our room was very much like a Boutique Hotel, very nicely decorated and fairly large for an international room. We had a view of the beach, and it was so relaxing to sit on our balcony and enjoy the sound of the ocean. Heavenly.

All and all it was a lovely trip and a wonderful stay. We plan on going back in the fall.

5  Thank ferretjunkie97
Reviewed April 30, 2009

This was our second trip to Sun Palace. We were there in June of 2008. As expected, the trip was perfect. The staff at the Sun Palace is amazing - the food is fantastic and of course the rooms, pools and beach are perfect! This was our 3rd trip to Cancun (the first year we stayed at the LeBlanc - which is also awesome - although we prefer the Sun Palace since the food is awesome and the balconies at the Sun Palace in each of the rooms are awesome) and this was the trip we enjoyed the most. We just relaxed and enjoyed the seriously perfect weather! I always suggest that you bring some singles with you and tip even though it is not required - the staff really appreciates it. We will go back again next year I am sure. It was awesome and we would suggest that you give the Sun Palace a try if you are looking for a relaxing adults only vacation!! By the way, this was my second year having a great pedicure from Gerta in the spa - so worth it!

1  Thank sage_brown
Reviewed April 29, 2009

This was my first time to Cancun and my husband's third trip. We were very pleased with the location and service at Sun Palace. The staff was extremely helpful and seemed to always be available whenever we needed anything. The food (especially the Italian restaurant) was phenomenal and the wait staff was attentive. We took two of the tours and were especially impressed by the knowledge and professionalism of the tour guides on the Chichen Itza trip. We just got home and are ready to go back. We will definitely be back to this hotel.

4  Thank krosfeld
Reviewed April 29, 2009

We just got back from our trip to the SUN PALACE. The staff was exceptional and the beach was plentiful. We were accompanied by 6 friend who met us there at various times during our week stay. This is a couplers only RESORT so NO kids were around so we had a QUIET vacation. The resort had top shelf drinks and exceptional food that exceeded our expectations. The JUNIOR Suites were the way to go with a beautiful ocean front balcony, full bar in room, frige filled with beverages and a full size jacuzzi. Due to us having 8 for dinner we were skeptical about seating arrangements. We NEVER had a wait or a problems sitting together. the staff should be commended for it's outstanding friendliness. Every one in our PARTY gave the Sun Palace a 10.

5  Thank knuckleheadFlorida
Reviewed April 28, 2009

We just returned from a week at the Sun Palace (4/17-25). We travel extensively and have stayed at several all inclusive resorts (including the Aventura Spa Palace Resort). Let me start off by saying this resort is AMAZING. By far one of the best we've stayed at, ever.

Not quite sure where people that had complaints stayed.

ROOM: We stayed in room 312 (Jr Suite) overlooking the quiet pool. While I've read a TON of reviews about the 5 & 6th floors, I really can't image how much better things could get. The room was HUGE. Over 500 Sq ft with a full ocean view. We could lie in bed, and open the curtains and see nothing but ocean. Lay in the Jacuzzi; look out the window, nothing but ocean. The room was kept clean, the bed (with a requested pillow top) was comfortable), mini bar, and comfy pillows.

FOOD: The food was great. We ate mostly at the resort. It was slightly odd, it was difficult to get something quick (even burgers were made to order). For most of the trip, the hotel was not at full capacity. So that might be the reason. One thing that I noticed was unlike most buffets, they only put a little food in the hot trays. It was great! That way the food was always fresh and never sat for long. Dinners were all sit down and serviced except for THE STEAK restaurant which was a small buffet. The Italian restaurant had the largest selection of choices, but all of the restaurants were great. No the steak restaurant wasn't Peter Lugers (but what else is). If you're a very plain eater, you may have some troubles at dinner.

ROOM SERVICE: We had room service for breakfast every day but one and for lunch a couple of times. It was large selection for all inclusive. Hint, take the little table from your room and put it outside, they'll set up breakfast there and you can have breakfast with a view. You were able to get huevos rancheros, Mexican eggs, waffles, pancakes, fruit cereal etc etc. The lunch/dinner service (11:30-10:30) had real meals. The room service set up was a presentation. At sun palace they don't just drop the food off and go, no. . . They unpacked it and presented it to you. However, they didn't do the call to check so maybe the resort chose to do a style change (??).

RESORT: This resort is beautiful and clean clean clean. I’ve never seen a hotel that had so many people cleaning all the time (the walls, the floors, the balconies, by the pools, beach). It was amazing.

SERVICE: I have rarely stayed somewhere where the staff go so far out of their way to please you. I thought there was exaggeration in the reviews. Nope not at all. We did tip ($1/round drinks, $2/room service, $2/buffet service, $5/sit down dinner). We didn’t treat this as an absolute but 99% of the time, the service was completely above and beyond. (I pity the next place we stay).

MY HINTS:

I’m not going to cover the other suggestions so I’ll add my own.

1. BOOKS- this resort doesn’t have a formal library (sort of a hallmark & something I look for). However, you can find books in the lobby bar and on the 3, 4, and 6th floors there are little sitting areas right around the corner from the elevators that have magazine boxes and I found books there too. I’m not sure why they wouldn’t create a formal library but hey that’s me.
2. ROOM SERVICE: if something isn’t on the menu, just ask. If they have it, they’ll bring it to you.

3. INTERNET: There is free unlimited wi-fi in your room. we brought our laptop (it fit in the safe). There is a business center with a few PCs. Not sure if there's a time limit there.

WEIRDNESS
The incessant calling didn’t happen until the last day. Starting at 9 am, we started getting a ring about every 30 minutes. It would ring once, and no one was there. Not sure if it was a gental reminder that we needed to check out, and it’s a reminder or the phone was broken. Also, related to the phone, the other weird thing was we scheduled a wake up call. Ok. The phone would ring at the appointed time. I’d pick up and hear the recorded “this is your wake up call greeting”. Great, now I’m up. Then 5 minutes later I would get a call, from a live person ‘this is your wakeup call’. Not sure if it was related or if the system is new. I have no idea.

7  Thank Jess451