“Excellent all inclusive!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sun Palace

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Sun Palace
Ranked #11 of 181 Hotels in Cancun
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent all inclusive!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

I have visited this hotel 3 times. It is amazing. Great food, excellent service, excellent selection of drinks, what more can you ask for. The locations is unbeatable and the views are indescribable. Would recommend this for anyone wishing to relax and enjoy a careless vacation.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank john c

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,720)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Rea MO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

Palace resorts is the most wonderful resorts we have visited...Cancun this year was unforgettable..great service, good food & drinks and the views were fantastic. Samual was our fav bartender by the pool ...always remembered our drink order.

Room Tip: rooms on the east side have the best view of the ocean & the volley ball court
5 Thank Robert B
pwinkler, General Manager at Sun Palace, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Thank you for enjoying your stay and telling everyone about it.

We are most appreciative of your choice of Sun Palace for your vacation days and hope we will be favored with a soon to come return visit.

Best regards,
Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

This was our 5th time at Sun Palace, and we were here celebrating our 15 year anniversary. As usual, my wife and I had an amazing time. Everything was amazing, from the food, alcohol, cleanliness, weather (sunny and warm everyday), and most important the amazing staff who many have become our friends over the years. They truly are there to take care of you, and it shows, and they do it with a smile! A special thank you to the hotel GM Mr. Winkler for helping make this a great vacation! We will be back no later than next January!

Room Tip: Get ocean view!
3 Thank flyers1173
You are very enjoyable guests. Serving you gives the "its my pleasure" phrase a special meaning.

I value your thanks and will certainly pass them along to my staff, who are the ones who make things happen. As you know I just walk around, try to look imortant, have long siestas and make big bucks. (Which is why I still have to work.)

We will await you no later than next January. Be well and take care of yourselves.

With best regards,
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

If you read the rest of the reviews you will get all the intricate details but I have to be honest that I don't agree with all the reviews as I feel the things they complain about are really trivial.

Here's our experience:
We are from South Africa and wanted to visit Cancun.

Our flights were heavily delayed and then our luggage got lost so we missed our transfer to the hotel. But when we arrived we were delighted.

We did take one of the best rooms and options so it was on the pricier side but I must say the value for money was really good. The rest of Cancun is so expensive. If you go out to a restaurant the drinks and food prices are exorbitant.

In the hotel the options for food were excellent and the food was always very tasty and presented beautifully.

The choice of drinks and alcohol is also extensive and they have all the premium options available. This was really good.

The room was beautiful and the jacuzzi was great. There was terrible noise coming from what sounded like the jacuzzi but apparently this was due to the bad weather and the hotel couldn't control it.

The service overall is excellent. From the guest services people who helped with excursions etc., the restaurant staff and the people who cleaned the room. Everyone was very friendly and professional.

We loved the pool and wet bar. The beach was great too but the seats filled up quickly so it was difficult to get a spot. But then we'd just go to the pool where you still have an amazing view.

Overall, we'd highly recommend and return if we ever go to that side of the world again.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Elna P
You've certainly travelled a long way to get here and it is very heartening that we lived up to your expectations.

I love the way you describe what may be trivial. It is unfortunate that not everyone has your outlook. I agree: In the end the experience is the guest's. It is one as a guest who decides how to weigh issues and therefore how heavily or not they impact in what should by all accounts be a delicious usage of time.

Your comment on how expensive Cancun is-especially where good eating and drinking is concerned is very true. As residents, my wife and I usually go out every other Saturday or Sunday and my Wife drinks sporadically and I do not at all. So a meal for both of us in a good restaurant will end up costing around USD 200.- Another 100.- if my better half decides today she will have a bottle of wine.

This certainly situates the rates we charge as quite reasonable. We have an average of 3.3 meals to a guest.

I know it is many hours on a plane but sincerely hope that if you do come back you will again choose us for your stay.

With highest regards,
Orangeville, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

After reading Trip Advisor reviews for months and selecting this resort based on guest reviews, we were disappointed in this hotel.

The location is picture perfect -beautiful beachfront property, close to the airport. "Some" of the staff were excellent, the food was "ok" and the service was inconsistent. The entertainment is really lacking during the day and evening. We were blindsided by the change in policy which resulted in us not being allowed to use resort credits for our room upgrade. They changed their policy after we made our reservation and we felt ripped off.

There were many "small" issues throughout our stay, and a few more majors ones, that overall left a negative impression on our trip.

We are in our 30's, enjoy traveling and do quite a bit of it. We are not big complainers and generally "go with the flow" but honestly feel that this hotel is extremely overrated.

Overall, it is a clean, beachside hotel, but definitely not a resort vacation destination worthy of five stars.

There are some amazing employees who do deserve recognition: Mario Alberto at the beach/pool service, Carlos in The Alamo, Lifeguard Daniel & Concierge Jose.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Revelry78
I understand and expected that even though at every point during the time you could use points to upgrade we did make it very clear that the policiy could change without prior notice, some of our clients would not like the change.

As to the rest of our comments, I do apologize and hope that we will have an opportunity to redeem our name with you.

Kitchener Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

We started our Vacation January 26th 2014
The hotel was very clean and they were always painting or touching something up .Our room was lovely with fantastic selection of beer pop and juices as well as a great selection of liquor ! turndown service at night robes and slippers . the staff were amazingly friendly especially Jose Daniel at the busy pool !! Took advantage of the credits with me getting holistic massage and hubby golfing over at the Moon Palace wonderful massage from Elizabeth !!
Well rested from this hotel but the only thing Hubby and I can say is not enough entertainment at night for saying this is a couples adults only hotel it really died after 9 pm the evening shows were great and then the lobby bar had some activity but nothing to keep us up at night .
They need a better night club area .The last day we were there it was over cast so we popped over to the moon palace wow !!lots to do over there . We loved the Sun Palace but just felt it missed some more activities at night ,you could go down to the Beach Palace to the Sky bar but it will cost you a taxi.
The shows they did have were generally 1 hr long and were very good

Room Tip: The R2 bus is just outside taking you in to town and shopping it will cost a $1 us
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank sassperella1
Thank you very much for your kind words. I am so glad in general we got to satisfy.

We have discovered thorugh the years that some of our guests do want later entertainment but there is a down-side: Next day, we get complaints of noise in the lobby and in guest corridors.

So we've decided to keep it low key in favor of the majority. The lobby bar is open until 1 o'clock in the morning. Truth be said, by that time we have 2 or 3 couples max. and like all businesses, we run on a budget. So we have to look where we spend our money. Late night shows are not our priority.

But you can take a bus to Beach Palace, not necessarily a taxi...less than 1 dollar.
I am not trying to be disrespectful, please, only honest.

Philadelphia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

Thanks to SP for a very relaxing vacation. Everything was great. Airport transfers were hassle free, staff at the hotel were all pleasant and attentive. I actually started to get tired of the frequent knocks at the door of our room to ask if we needed anything! All of the personnel at the desks, the beach and pools, and the restaurants were extremely attentive. The food was all good, including at poolside, and occasionally excellent. House wines were tasty, no real need to upgrade. Beach was great for jumping in the waves or melting into a chaise. Only ordered room service for morning coffee which always came on time. Didn't bother with any excursions, it was so nice just hitting the gym, the beach and the poolside bars that we didn't want to leave!

I've had some bad experiences at Palace resorts that have become Hard Rock, and felt I did not get the level of service that was promised as a Palace member. I don't need to be fawned over, but once I've agreed to pay for good service then I expect to receive it. Sun Palace however completely lived up to expectations and redeemed our opinion of the brand. We'll definitely be back.

The bed was amazing. I'd love to know what brand of mattress they use! We slept like rocks after every day of sun and rum drinks.

One little thing, the steam room/sauna was only available as part of a spa service. At every other Palace I've been to you can take a sauna any time you want to. I tried and got a bit of a run around here. I realize it's a smaller resort but I would really have liked it to be more available.

Room Tip: All the rooms have ocean view, meaning east. It's a W shaped complex however, so some of them ac...
2 Thank Sp0kes