“Do you want Extraordinary pampering???!!!”
Review of Sun Palace

Sun Palace
Ranked #8 of 176 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We absolutely LOVE the Caribbean and have been to Cancun many times, but NEVER had the service or the FUN we had on this trip. We stayed at Sun Palace this time and WOW...what amazing service and total pampering from the time we sat foot into the hotel until the moment we left. We wanted for nothing -- we were met with a cool & lightly scented towel and a flower when we arrived, champagne and snacks at check-in, just when it started getting hot, Sonia cheerfully handed us ice cream bars -- she realized how much we liked them and so the next day, after she finished her shift grilling at the inside restaurant (hot grill, working all day with a smile on her face), she brought us a special bowl of ice cream bars out on the beach!!!, Arthuro remembered our favorite drinks every night at The Steak (AWESOME dining overlooking the Caribbean!!!!!) and remembered exactly how we liked our steaks cooked, and Karina kept the service on the beach 5STARS PLUS!!!! Room service is SUPER fast -- reminded us of Jimmy Johns...within minutes of calling, they were knocking on the door with not on the order perfect as requested, but often special additions...and always a flower on the tray! Turn down service was always perfectly timed while we were at dinner and was so amazing...did we mention rose petals in the shape of a heart on the bed and around the hot tub, along with a chilled bottle of champagne and chocolates...CHI hair products, CHI hairdryer, CHI straightening iron in each room. The spa...facials and massages are wonderful...Alicia gives a bone melting relaxation massage and Irma is a great facialist. Everyone is smiling, encouraging you to participate in the beach volleyball and other group fun, bringing you another one of your favorite drinks before you even ask! And the VIEWS....Ahhhhhh...NOTHING like the color of the Caribbean and the views are breathtaking from nearly every point in the hotel. Bottom line: if you want to have a trip to renew your spirit and you want extraordinary pampering, you know were to go...SUN PALACE is AMAZING!!!

4  Thank mShuz
pwinkler, General Manager at Sun Palace, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

You make me smile. There's a saying in Spanish: "En el pedir está el dar." (The way you request is the way you are served.)

it is evident from your review that you won the staff's hearts. Well, this happens to people who are people people. That is, you demeanor and kindness signify you as "a person to like". While the staff is keen on serving eveyone with a smile-I do not know how to say it wothout being repetitive-they have a special feeling for persons like yourselves.

Since you are happy with the way things went and my staff seems to be very taken by you, I would agree, for once, to call this a perfect vacation.

Thanks to you.

Best feelings,

There are newer reviews for Sun Palace

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Service was great! We stayed on a presidential suite and it is awesome! Personnel is really attentive and there are plenty of options on the restaurants. The building could use some restoration but it is not in terrible shape either.
Kudos to Pedro on the "El Alamo" restaurant! He was our waiter all week and he is awesome!
The vacation planners are also really useful and will help you plan several activities using the hotel credit.
I read in a review that the personnel was not nice to Mexicans, or had preferences for foreigners. So not true!! My wife and I are both from Mexico and everybody was always attentive to us.

I ABSOLUTELY recommend this place to stay in Cancun!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank davazamar
pwinkler, General Manager at Sun Palace, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Your English is flawless!

Thank you for your very kind and fair words. We make it our standard policy to treat all our guests the same. One person wrote some months ago that they had been given inferior service but they were not from Mexico. Somewhere in Latin America.

Yours is the statement that validates my words: We try to be the same for everyone.

Thank you for this! And for your kind preference.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We had posted some negative reviews WHILE we were at this resort and were totally HARASSED by various staff and management until we finally agreed to remove the post. This resort has INDUSTRIAL food, dirty rooms and entices you with CREDITS which you really can never use. We told management about the dirty bedside rugs and made various requests but we got no resolution. Then when our bad review posted it was as if everyone in the hotel had us "marked."

The food is NOT individually prepared and seems to have a lot of preservatives. All of the desserts on the buffet were prepared somewhere in some factory and although they looked nice they had no flavor. Even though there is a steak restaurant and a Japanese restaurant in addition to the main buffet a lot of the food is the same as everything comes out of the same kitchen. The buffet food has sat for many hours.

The sad thing about the service is that the waiters are just trying to make a living and they really hustle trying to provide good service.

Its the management of this place that needs help.

Another part of the problem is that this place wants to drag you into buying into their club. AVOID THIS AT ALL COSTS as it is yet another total rip off.

I will never return to another Palace resort as all they cared about was removing my negative review and never cared about solving our problems.

Room Tip: Be aware that beach view rooms are exposed to loud productions on the beach on many nights until 10p...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
16  Thank Nancy H
pwinkler, General Manager at Sun Palace, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

When someone posts a negative comment whilst in the resort we try our best to turn their experience around. I am very sorry this wasn't possible with you.

Some things I do not agree with: Our food is freshly made and pleases most of our guests but granted you are the expert in your own tastes. The cleanliness of our hotel is not in question but don't take my word for it: Read the reviews.

Finally, the reivew is posted, whether fair or unfair it is for the reader to decide.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Very clean, professional, majority speak great English. The resort credit is legit. Just be sure to upgrade your room when you arrive to use part of the credit towards upgrade, can't use all. But we used rest of credit on spa services and gifts. Beautiful view. Peaceful. Great variety of restaurants. We stayed in the Concierge level room, which was amazing! Even on 4th floor you have a beautiful view of the ocean. Everything was absolutely amazing! Would highly recommend to anyone! And very close to airport, so round trip transportation does not cost as much.

Room Tip: 4th floor is a great view, with there only being 8 floors. Must have ocean view. Conceirge level and...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much on your fine notes about us.

I happen to think most of our rooms have excellent or good views. In defining "good" views, I've learned from the comments of my guests that this term would apply to a room with 90° or more ocean scenery.

I do like your title very much and that is why I anwer al TA comments in person. First and foremost a relationship is based on credibility and honesty. Two terms that you either are or are not. I do consider myself and my resort to be both.

Best regards

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We stayed here from 7/21 Oct 13.
Good points : Rooms fabulous , pools amazing , breakfast and lunches excellent. I cannot praise the staff enough particularly Jesus , Joaquim and Miriam in the breakfast room and Fernando and Mario at the pool. Fernando must be one of the nicest people we have ever met. Great massage. The cocktails and shots in the Lobby bar were fab !!
The chefs dinner was the best night of the holiday.
Swimming with Dolphins at the Moon Palace was awesome and used resort credits and had lunch there but was glad to get back to Sun Palace.
Room service was prompt and food and drink wonderful. They even gave me a bottle of Morgans rum as I didn't like the Bacardi..now that's great service.

Bad Points : the Italian and the Alamo were very staid at night and didn't have a lot of atmosphere. The Lobby bar has amazing bar staff but the entertainment is very very poor. The resort is meant to be adults only yet we have the entertainment team going around dressed as clowns ? I really don't think it would take a lot of effort to have singers or other planned entertainment on. We were there two weeks and saw the same entertainment both weeks .
We weren't looking for a wild holiday but would have been nice to have some decent entertainment at night.

Had we not already booked nexts years holiday we would have came to the Sun palace but it will have to wait till the following year !!

Room Tip: All rooms appear to be great !
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I made a clear and best choice to make a reservation here with all inclusive. Great room, service, food, pool, etc. Only cons are their credits to use. You can't use all credits. They gave us about 700 credit but you can't use it all of them. overall great experience and def would stay here again. I still can't get over with the view i had from our room.

Room Tip: Ask for concierge room with dinner on the beach.
3  Thank Jenish P
pwinkler, General Manager at Sun Palace, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

You've given me a great idea: It is not how many credits you use but how much fun you have.

From my perspective, you can use all your credits if you wish to do so but this is seldom the case. Our guests don't necessarily go nuts with as many things to do as they could. Think about it, maybe your vacation wouldn't be as relaxing.

After all, they are an extra. So use as you like and as our best plans allow.

Thank you for your kind comment. Come back soon!

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I go away twice a year and have never written a review. This resort is definitely one worth sharing with everyone. It was an amazing stay for us. The service was incredible. Although everything was top notch from the beautiful room to the breath taking beach to the yummy food. I can't say enough about the service. The staff was soooo accommodating friendly professional and such hard workers. It's a shame that they have to put up with ignorant guests who forget to say please And thank you. I also tried 3 times to get a hold of the general manager as I wanted to give him a big hug to thank him for the wonderful experience that we had ! Unfortunately every time I asked for him he was in a meeting. It was like looking for the wizard of oz. it's as if he is just too good to be real :). Regardless mr winkler we had an unforgettable vacation that was much needed. Your staff is the best I have come across in a long time. Please remind them though they don't need to put up and shouldn't put up with rude guests. People remember to say please and thank you these staff work damn hard and serve with a smile all the time. Be nice to them !

Room Tip: All rooms are good
3  Thank Zoffette

Agree wholeheartedly. My kids are the best.

Fortunately, very few guests forget their manners. If we run a good establishement it is precisely because there is an aura of mutual respect and affability between my guests and my staff. They are necessary coexistents condusive to favorable relationships.

I am not the Wizard of Oz. Maybe of Id. I do apologize. My favorite activity is precisely going around and speaking to my guests. Although of lately I've had more office work than I care to.

Next time you come, my office is on the first floor where the big window towards the main lobby is. I am always ready for hugs.

Thank you so much for your kind words, I take them very much at heart.