Paradisus Cancun(Cancun)
$280
$176
Melia.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $196/night.

Moon Palace Cancun(Cancun)
$542
$423
Priceline
5,245 results
All reviewsstar friendsgourmet restaurantspecialty restaurantssteaklobby barguest servicesbalcony roommagic showocean viewkids clubdinner reservationsentertainment staffinfinity poolthe main hotelwater polomain buffetmake reservations
Reviewed June 22, 2017

The first 2-3 days were not what we expected... We stayed in the main hotel but it was dated and in my opinion, not worthy of a 5* rating. We were moved to another room but we still had a similar problem. Without a fuss we were moved to one of the villa's situated outside the hotel which were of a 5* quality. Clean, quiet and what you would expect.

The hotel accommodated for my wife's gluten allergy extremely well. She is a celiac and as such is very allergic to gluten. The head chef and his team would ensure that my wife's food was cooked by them to ensure no cross contamination and to ensure she was happy. Top tip here, if you do have a severe allergy then just speak to guest services to ensure you are set up with a meeting with the head chef otherwise it will get lost in translation.

Food:
A bit of a let down for me. For a 5 star hotel I expected much better. I would give the food 3.5 out of 5 at a push. It was a real let down. I stayed there 10 nights and ate dinner 4 times out side the hotel spending over £500 between Harry's and Freds.
Breakfast is ok.
Lunch is decent for lunch.
Dinner is ok.
The al a carte restaurants are ok.
Maybe coming from London I am being too fussy but I have traveled the world and eaten at lots of places.. this place's food is sub par. Sorry to say.

Rooms:
If you are used to 4* accomodation then the main hotel rooms will be perfect. If you are used to real 5* hotels then you have to opt for the viila. Garden view or sea view doesnt matter. Its just for the rooms. They are new and well looked after. You will feel happy in there.

Facilities, service, entertainment and drinks:
Excellent! All very high quality.
The pools are gorgeous and certainly 5* level. The service is 5* The gardens and surrounding areas are clean and manicured. The views are wonderful. The drinks are premium. Havana rums, premium vokdas, JD, Black Label whiskey. Big thumbs up here.
Their evening entertainment is really fun. I've never experienced something like that before but it was great.

Children - I have a 3.5 year old.
The children will love it!
a really cool kids pool.
Kids club.
Food for them is great.

All in all if they upped there food game and refurbished the main hotel this hotel would be amazing rather than good.

Room Tip: If you are fussy only stay here if you get a villa room. You will be disappointed otherwise.
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
11  Thank PC1982London
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2017

Dear guest,

We appreciate the time you took to write about your recent stay at IBEROSTAR Cancun and for sharing your feedback about your experience with us.

Thank you for highlighting our beautiful grounds, surroundings, incredible views and tasty drinks, we are glad to read you enjoyed them.

We know that an allergy is always a delicate topic and it is important to us to fully satisfy the needs of our guests, it is good to know our Chef did an amazing job with the follow up of your requirements. On the other hand, we regret to read that the quality of the food did not lived up to your expectations. We already shared your comments with the departments involved in order to look for improvement and enhance our service.

We hope you give us the opportunity to host you in a near future, and pamper you with the excellent service that characterizes us.

Best regards,

Reviewed June 18, 2017 via mobile

Well words cant describe how amazed i am at this hotel! Im still here and leaving thirsday MASSIVE upset face!! Everything is just perfect...from the gardens to the bedroom to the maids to the food to the staff! There is not ONE thing i could possibly say bad about! All i can say is Iberostar you have wowed me amazed me and overwhelmed me! You have made me realise that paying for a cheaper all inclusive is a waist of money when you pay extra and you get this perfect amazing little diamond of a hotel in a perfect location!!! My only very small complaint is ...NOTHING!! You keep doing what you are doing and me and my partner and friends will always return..but next time we are going to pay extra so i we can have the room with balcony jacuzzi! Just to overwhelm us even more! Haha! I dont want to go home!! The staff are so so hard working! CANDY from the pool bar your amazing in fact all the staff are amazing! Thankyou to the security guard who stayed with us whilst we watched turtles on the beach and spoke to us about what they do why they dig big holes etc! Its a truly magical amazing experience being here and dont want to leave on thursday!!

Stayed: June 2017, traveled with friends
9  Thank Ronnie191

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write and share your experience at IBEROSTAR Cancun.

We are so happy to know that you enjoyed our hotel facilities, your room and specially our staff’s friendliness and professionalism. It will be a pleasure to share your comments with our team because this type of comments motivates us to continue improving.

We look forward to see you again.

Sunny regards,

Reviewed June 18, 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed our anniversary trip here! This was our 1st time in Cancun. Very friendly staff in all areas of resort! Everything was clean and grounds are kept well! We had a poolside balcony ocean room and view was incredible!! We liked the Steakhouse and Habachi grill the best! At night the broadway show and Magic show were entertaining. The beach and pools were great! One thing would of liked better is jacuzzi pool water temperature be warmer, but overall had a great time and would come back!

Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rwh84
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post and share your vacation experience at IBEROSTAR Cancun.

We are so glad you chose us to be part of your anniversary celebration. It is great to know you enjoyed the friendliness of our staff, our grounds, rooms, and performances of our entertainment staff. There is nothing else that makes us happier than our guests’ satisfaction and to know that we exceeded their expectations.

We will be honored to have the opportunity to have you as our guest in the future.

Sunny regards,

Reviewed June 18, 2017

We have been to other Iberostar resorts. This one is not fabulous like the others. However, service was remarkable and the quality of the food surprised positively. The rooms were extremely clean and smelled fresh (unusual for a hotel right in front of the beach). Javier, the buffet restaurant manager couldn't be more prestative and nice. Certainly a plus!

Room Tip: All rooms had sea view. The best views are from the upper levels.
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank Alexandre d

Dear guest,

First of all, we appreciate your loyalty towards IBEROSTAR hotels and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We are glad to know that the service of our staff, specially of Javier’s, left such a positive impression in your vacation, and that the quality of the food lived up to your expectations. All of this is a huge motivation for our staff that works every day to create unforgettable experiences to our guests.

We hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed June 18, 2017 via mobile

This is our 2nd visit to this hotel, the last being 14/15 months ago, we loved the place so much that we were very excited to come back, this time for our Honeymoon.

I'll start from the check in, when we got there the guy at the desk said that he knew it was our honeymoon and they had prepared a very special room for us with a beautiful view and that the hotel were going to give us a gift later on our holiday. We thought this was amazing, we got to our room and quickly realised that the room was the exact same as the one that we had before both in layout and ocean view, the only difference being that the room we had before was on a much higher floor and had a better view than this one.

We are still to receive our gifts, we have three more days left but are sceptical that they will ever materialise. If they do then thank you.

The room did turn out to be special but not in a good way, the first 4 days we were sandwiched between a large family with a lot of kids, and they liked to play a couple games called "scream in the corridor" and "slam the fire door at the end of the corridor", unfortunately the noise travels really well. And on one occasion I was woken by the sound of a child screaming in the corridor at midnight.

After this family then checked out, we had a few days of sublime peace until a party of four American lads moved in either side of us who liked to cheer loudly when they took a drink or two. This wouldn't have been a problem if not for the thin adjoining door between our room and theirs. I was woken up at 3:30am with the sounds of them jeering their friends on as the downed their drink. Soundproofing all the room doors should be optimised.

As well as this, on 3 separate occasions either during the night or morning someone has removed our "do not disturb" sign. Either another guest has taken it or staff have removed it for an unknown reason. Maybe they want us to be disturbed. However, upon complaining about this multiple times nothing was done about it, maybe due to a bit of a language barrier as the 3rd time they sent a handyman who spoke no English up to the room to fix our room door card scanner.

There are quite a few more staff members who seemingly don't speak any English at all, On one occasion my wife asked for a Malibu and Orange juice explaining to the waitress what it was, only to get a Bacardi and Fanta. I feel bad complaining about the staff not understanding much English but most of their guests are from the UK and USA.

Now to the food, the buffet was a bit if a letdown, usually the food was cold and stale, especially if you wanted chips(fries). However the main problem I found was that because the hotel was playing host to the Querétaro Fútbol Club. You were almost lucky to get any food at all as these 30/40 guys were flooding each buffet area getting whatever they needed. I ended up surviving on bread and chips. It always seemed understaffed and a few times we had no waiter come near us to ask us for drinks.

The burger bar was overall quite good but it sometimes felt awkward when I asked for food and they did not understand me.

We got room service on one occasion and when it arrived the Two pizzas were cold and my wife found a small bone in her chicken nuggets, yum.

However, several times me and my wife ate at the Mexican and Steak house restarunts, which to be honest are the only real way to get food at dinner, however these book up fast and we had to reserve our place a couple days before. I want to give a special mention to Jorge and Daniel who were our waiter, they were excellent and truly deserved the tip we gave them as they couldn't do enough for us. I also want to give a special mention to Roque at the lobby bar who was excellent and kept us topped up at night.

The hotel is good for lounging in the sun and having a few drinks, the star friends do a very good job at getting people up and taking part in the activities that they provide. Maybe if you have had a few too many drinks you don't see the problems we see.

It truly has been a up and down experience, when it has been good it has been great, borderline amazing, but when you are going from a good day to a bad day with noise, bad food and ignorant guests those are the experiences that stick with you more.

We are amazed at how much of a downgrade everything has become in the place of 14/15 months, to the point where we questioned if the hotel had lose several stars off their rating and we tried to understand how Thomas Cook can sell this as a signature resort. And it has made us both sad that somewhere we were so fond of, has became a place that we never want to visit again.

Maybe we built it up too much in our heads, but after all, this was our honeymoon and all we expected was a good happy experience, instead we have gotten a disjointed one where we enjoyed one or two days in a row but then encountered a horrible day we can't forget about.

A honeymoon to remember yes, but not for all the right reasons.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Ryan P

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience at IBEROSTAR Cancun.

First and foremost, we are truly sorry for the missteps that you experienced. Our guests’ enjoyment is top priority and we regret to know that your stay in this occasion, did not lived up to your expectations.
We appreciate your feedback as it is our most reliable source to detect the areas where we need to improve in order to give an excellent service to our guests.

We definitely are going to share your reviews with our management and departments involved, so we can take corrective actions.

Our goal is to recover your trust, and we truly hope you can give us the opportunity to host you in a near future.

Best regards