I have been here when it was a Hilton. The All-Inclusive addition made it even better! I would recommend this resort for families, couples or groups of friends. We were a trio of 50-something gals from the cold Midwest.
It is truly a gorgeous resort - picture perfect! 95% of the staff in all departments were charming and as helpful as can be. The other 5% -well - we did run into a crabby person from time to time.. The ala carte restaurants were great (Japanese was my personal favorite!) and we ate at every one sometime during our 7 night stay. Make your reservations when you first get there. They were half empty, as other reviewers have stated. The buffet was good, but the food was not hot.. barely even warm in most instances.
Plenty of snack or meal choices to eat on the property any time from 7 AM until 10 PM. If you like a shady spot at the pool or beach, reserve your chairs before 8 AM. The Star Friends crew are great, but more of a daily variety of pool/beach activities instead of the same old/same old might enhance their program.. (archery?) The water aerobics class for 30 minutes each day is exactly the same set of exercises everyday. Variety would have been great!
Some things that would have made it excellent versus very good.. 1) making the pools easier to get in and out of. Stairs do exist in a few places, but they need a handrail for those who don't have great lower body strength or are not as mobile as the general public... 2) more shady areas... 3) varied daily food at the buffet and a way to keep it hot...4) nightclub entertainment other than the one show at 9:30 for those of us who are "early to bed" type people. 4) The air conditioning wasn't as cool as we'd like. Be sure to read the sign on the sliding glass door for how it relates to the A/C!! 5) We couldn't get our clock radio to work, and asked for help from the front desk several times.
In general, we know there are little bugs at most places.. we had a wonderful trip and will definitely come back in the future!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, VISIT US, INC. , Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TravelUp, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Iberostar Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Hilton Cancun Hotel
- Hilton Golf Spa Resort Cancun
- Hilton Cancun Resort