“Very happy!”

Presidente InterContinental Cancun Resort
Ranked #15 of 176 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The hotel is located on a beautiful stretch of white sand and waveless ocean. The water greets you with a smile as does the staff at reception. I throughly enjoyed my stay here.

The property is far enough away from the hussle and bussle of the ridiculous night life that Cancun is famous for (a big bonus for us). The rooms were a generous size and the chocolate provided during the turn down service is delicious, PS, the shower is HEAVEN!

The staff were always happy to help. There is a couple of local eateries if you turn right as you leave the hotel, there is also a supermarket. If you are a member of the IHG club, then you get free wifi which makes life a little easier when trying to research POI.

Truly, the perfect welcome to Cancun, You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rohan E
Nathalie U, General Manager at Presidente InterContinental Cancun Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Ki’imak-k’in RPKE,

I thank you for sharing your experience from your stay at our resort! I am pleased to read that you had a relaxing and quiet stay at our superb beach. We take a great pride of being a non all-inclusive resort where our guests still have the possibility to find a place to disconnect.

Our deluxe rooms were renovated in 2010 and I am glad you enjoyed your room. I totally agree with your comment of the shower experience. A lot of our guests use our resort as a base to discover the Yucatan peninsula and I always recommend them to have a chat with our concierge Adolfo. He really knows a lot of POI that will take you behind the touristic scenes.

The whole staff and I thank you for your visit and loyalty to our brand. Please drop me a note on nathalie_urban@grupopresidente.com when we will have the pleasure to welcoming you back!

There are newer reviews for Presidente InterContinental Cancun Resort

Reviewed May 28, 2014

The beach is very clean. Hotel is comfy and our room was on 3 d floor facing the gardens pools and the water. New bathroom and marble shower. Restaurants were not as good and service was not friendly. Use the gym and go for a breakfast

Room Tip: stay on the higher floor
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dalsora68

Ki’imak-k’in dalsora68,

I appreciate your time to drop us a comment from your stay. I am sad to read that you had a negative experience from our restaurants. This is not the experience that we aspire to offer our guests and I would be very thankful if you could send me a mail to nathalie_urban@grupopresidente.com with more details of where we failed in our service.

I thank you for your visit and please let me know when we would have the pleasure of welcoming you back again!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Most hotels in Cancun have either a great beach and a so-so pool or a great pool and so-so beach. This one definately has the best of both. Very neat and clean and offers impeccable service. if you visit here, I highly recommend that you ask for Alen and or Eleazar for drink and food service at the beach or pool. Both are extremely friendly and professional. They would have our table at the beach ready and waiting with our drinks for us everyday. Housekeeping and room service were also excellent. If you need a driver, insist on Jorge at the valet. I highly advise the Lobster Thermidore for dinner. The best EVER!!

Room Tip: Get the ocean view!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Peter W

Ki’imak-k’in Peter W,

Sunny greetings from Cancun!

Thanks for sharing your views from your stay at our resort.

I liked the way you described our beach and pools compared to all the other resorts that are available to choose in Cancun. Our location is a real plus. When it comes to the quality of the beach, sand and calm waters, it is only our resort and our neighbor, which in 1976 was one property, which offer this experience. We are fortune to have a large plot of land, where we have the luxury of two separate pools (one adult pool and one family pool) and henceforth more space for our guests to enjoy the sun. There are plenty of newer resorts with modern acclimatized infinity pools but most of them have shadows from their own hotel and neighboring hotels. There are very few like us that offer sun from first rays to sunset. So I believe you really expressed the uniqueness of our location.

I am pleased to read that the service was to your liking and specially that you took the time to mention Alan, Eleazar and Jorge by their names. On behalf of the whole team, I thank you for their recognition. I will also let our Chef & B, Ruben Sesma, know that you approved his Lobster Thermidore recipe!

I thank you for your visit and please let me know on nathalie_urban@grupopresidente.com when we have the pleasure to welcome you back to our resort.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

Absolutely a fantastic hotel. Its in a prime location in the hotel zone. Its not an all inclusive hotel, which is what we wanted, to be away from the trashy resorts that have drunken college
Students everywhere with terrible music pumping day and night. The beach is perfect, much more beautiful thany anywhere else along the strip, the pool and bar are also great. The restaurants have good food at very reasonable prices.We only booked a standard room but they upgraded us to a lagoon view when we arrived. The hotel service was excellent, they sent complimentary wine and strawberries to our room. Unless you pay top dollar for the club ocean rooms, all the rest dont have balconies.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SarahAmyReid

Ki’imak-k’in SarahAmyReid,

I appreciate your time to share your review of your stay.

As you rightly mentioned, our resort is non all-inclusive and we are proud to still offer a quiet and relaxing atmosphere in Cancun for people to disconnect during their vacations. The beach is famous for its soft white sand, calm waters, large amount of palm trees, plenty of thatched sun umbrellas and sunbeds and most important sun from morning to sunset.

I am glad to know that you found your room, facilities and service to your total satisfaction. Do not hesitate to contact me at nathalie_urban@grupopresidente.com when you plan your next visit.

Thank you for your visit and recommendation!

Reviewed May 24, 2014

This is a great place to stay - although it appears to be smaller than most of the other resort hotels in the vicinity and presumably has fewer facilities this is no deterrent. The facade is not very imposing but from the entrance onwards this changes significantly, the check in area is spacious and efficient which leads to an extensive lobby and lounge area complete with shops and a large bar area which overlooks the gardens at the rear.

We stayed for 6 nights and received extremely polite and courteous service from checking in to checking out each of which was quick and correct. We received an upgrade, as a platinum priority club member, to a suite which included full access to the club lounge. Our rooms were very spacious with a marvelous sea view, very comfortable bed, lounges and well appointed bathroom. There was a large group on our floor which was attending a wedding held at the hotel which produced a lot of movement in the corridor at times but although noisy this was not disturbing to any real extent. Room cleaning and maintenance was prompt and well done.

We had breakfast daily in the club lounge which offered a different selection of warm snacks each day and egg station together with cereals, juices, coffee pastries and other sweetmeats all of which were more than adequate. Drinks and canapés were available in the lounge each evening a very relaxing end to the day overlooking the sea.

There are two large pools surrounded by paved areas, well designed and maintained landscaped gardens and adequate numbers of lounges and umbrellas al of which open onto a marvelous beach with soft white sand and numerous thatched umbrellas with lounges and waiter service. There is a gym near the pool which we did not use but appeared to be well equipped The main restaurant at beachside has a varied menu which serves good reasonably priced meals and is complemented by a beach bar/restaurant and a further open air restaurant nearby both with more restricted but good menus. Each of these restaurants is very pleasant with good service.

The staff throughout the resort were always most courteous, warm, friendly, extremely helpful and immediately attended to anything that we requested.

The room rate was very reasonable.

A great hotel and one that we would definitely return to on any subsequent visit to Cancun.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Peter P

Ki’imak-k’in Peter P,

Thank you so much for your time to write such a detailed review!

I liked very much the way you described our facilities and the beach. Our Resort is in operation since 1976 and was the third to open in Cancun. Being among the firsts has given us the opportunity to have one of the best locations in Cancun and our beach is the real star. In addition to what you mentioned, the beach is famous for not having any tall building casting a shadow over it, so you really have sun from morning to sunset. Another thing that just makes it so much better and unique, is our position with Isla Mujeres. Thanks to this island, we hardly see any waves on our beach, so it is just an ideal place to practice any watersport that we have to offer.

The whole team thank you for letting them know how you perceived the service that you received during your stay. As regards your comments on our restaurants and Club Lounge, I have shared them with our Chef & B, Ruben Sesma. It will be our goal to surprise you with new menus in your next visit!

Thank you for your recommendation. Please, do not hesitate to contact me at nathalie_urban@grupopresidente.com when you plan your next visit.

Thank you for your loyalty to our brand and your visit.

Reviewed May 23, 2014

Spent five days in Cancun for a conference and very much enjoyed the resort. The service was very good and I have to commend Javier in the deck bar and Mariana (I believe) was the hostess at the formal restaurant outdoors. The room was comfortable and very spacious. My only concern was the internet. Although free, it seemed it failed to reach my room so I had a very tough time working. If I had been on vacation this would have been a plus but not as it was an important business trip. Beautiful beach and very quiet so if you are looking for a relaxing atmosphere outisde this is it.

Pase cinco días en el hotel durante una conferencia en Cancún. Muy buen servicio en todos los departamentos y sobre todo Javier en el bar de afuera y Mariana en el restaurante. Mi cuarto muy cómodo pero la única queja es que la internet no llegaba a mi cuarto y se desconectaba muy seguido. Aunque fue gratis se me hizo problemático ya que estaba trabajando.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the ocean
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Ki’imak-k’in SFHotelero,

Thank you for taking your time to share your comments!

Glad to read that the service delivered by my team was to your satisfaction and that you specially recognizing the service given by Javier, waiter at the Deck Bar, and Mariana, hostess at the El Caribeño Restaurant. Both of them had a big smile on their faces when I read your review to them. Your recognition motivates us to keep striving to take the services to new levels.

I have shared your comments with our WIFI supplier and hope to have great news in the near future.

I look forward to welcoming you next time – but this time on holidays… so that you can truly enjoy our beautiful beach and relaxing atmosphere. Do please contact me on nathalie_urban@grupopresidente.com when plan your trip.

Thank you for your recommendation and for your visit.

Reviewed May 22, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a friend's wedding and booked an all-inclusive rate that the bride/groom had arranged. The all-inclusive was not really all-inclusive as you can see in another review. In addition, I will have to agree that staff (waiters and bartenders) were often extremely slow unless we gave them additional tip.

My issues were mainly with the front desk/management. I had reserved rooms online but 1 week prior to my arrival, I was told my card was declined and I would have to pay on arrival. Other guests in my party were the ones to check in so I was not told of any bill on arrival. Later, I noticed I had $1243 charge on my credit card statement, even though the hotel said I was not charged anything. I told a staff member at the front desk in person (the day before I was supposed to check out) and was told they could not find any evidence of the charge, even after I showed them my credit card statement, but was told they would have it sorted by the morning. I even told them the time I had to leave for my flight and they said it would be figured out before then. The next morning, I went down about 45 minutes before I needed to leave for my flight, and it was evident that staff did not talk to one another about my situation at all. The new staff had no idea what I was talking about and I had to explain the situation again. No one had started looking for this charge on my statement and they wanted me to pay the entire bill again (keep in mind I had paid for 2 other people as well). I waited in the lobby for about an hour before I demanded that the manager just come outside and talk to me right away because I was going to miss my flight. Somehow, he magically found the charge and came out at that exact moment. He refunded me some money and charged me another amount (I didn't analyze it too much since I had to leave right away). When I arrived back in the US, I had an email from the hotel saying they had charged me for another friend's reservation. I'm not sure how a hotel mixes up reservations and charges wrong amounts on credit cards. It took about a week for anyone to even email me back after I sent them the correct charges I had calculated. Even after that, there was an additional $46 charge I couldn't figure out and even the hotel had no idea what it was so they finally took it off. This situation wasn't handled for about 2 weeks after I came home.

I know of another friend who at checkout, the front desk tried charging them about $90 extra per person (used a different conversion rate). They only changed the amounts after my friends pointed out that the amounts did not match what they calculated.

I complained to the IHG hotel group and management gave me 15000 points for all the confusion. I don't ever plan on staying at this hotel again.

Positives: the beach is beautiful, soft white sand and clear blue calm water. Plenty of space and chairs. Jet skiing and other activities on site.

Room Tip: You can hear lots of noise from the hallway/other people's rooms. Get a corner/end room if possi...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Nelly Y
Nathalie U, Director General at Presidente InterContinental Cancun Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2014

Ki’imak-k’in Nelly Y,

I am truly sorry to read that you have had a negative experience from your stay due to poorly organized staff/management.

It is obvious that communication has failed when it comes to what was included in the package of the wedding event at the time of booking. As our resort is a non all-inclusive resort, we do not operate with all-inclusive packages. However, in order to assist the bride and groom, a package of certain food and beverage items was created to satisfy their wishes for their wedding event.

I have been briefed by our Director of Rooms about the different issues that was caused by the receptionist moving charges according to the changes done with your reservation. I truly apologize for the inconveniences caused. I have personally addressed your negative experience with the Front Office team to ensure that this situation does not happen again.

I have also taken notice of your comment that you had to wait to be served and that the waiters were not properly informed that the service charges were included in your package. I have addressed it directly with our Chef & B to avoid it happen in future events when clients have preferred to have a set package for the event.

Once again, please accept my apologies for your experience, as this is not the level of service that we aspire to give to our guests. Do not hesitate to contact me directly on nathalie_urban@grupopresidente.com if there is anything that I can help you with in the future.

I thank you for your visit.

Kind regards,