“Beautiful beach, not so good service”

Presidente InterContinental Cancun Resort
Ranked #17 of 176 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed May 4, 2014

We had what we thought was an all inclusive package as part of a wedding we attended recently. However, there were many restrictions on what we could or could not get from the restaurants and the number of meals we could have were limited. The service in general was very poor. It took at times over an hour to get the attention of waitstaff, order food or any drinks. Some waiters encouraged us to tip (even though we were told gratuity was already part of the package). We were not allowed to get a snack in the middle of the day if we had already had a meal with the wedding party without an extra cost! The all inclusive package cost was definitely not worth all of this hassle.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Aditi M
Nathalie U, General Manager at Presidente InterContinental Cancun Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Ki’imak-k’in Aditi M,

I thank you taking your time to write us a comment.

I am sad to read that there has been some miscommunication regarding the package that was chosen for the wedding that you attended.

As our resort is a non all-inclusive resort, we do not operate with all-inclusive packages. However, in order to assist the bride and groom, a package of certain food and beverage items was created to satisfy their wishes for their wedding event.

I have taken notice of your comment that you had to wait to be served and that the waiters were not properly informed that the service charges were included in your package. I will address it directly with our Chef & B to avoid it happen in future events when clients have preferred to have a set package for the event.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly on nathalie_urban@grupopresidente.com when you want to enjoy our unique beach again.

Nathalie Urban

Write a ReviewReviews (2,572)

Reviewed May 2, 2014

The Hotel is dated The services are average to bad.The redeeming factor is the beach which has powdery white sands and calm waters
The breakfast is Ok but the service is lot to be desired
All in all our 8 days stay was very disapointing.The initial room allocated was on the road side and was noisy After complaining we were given a garden view room.The room had bear minimum furniture and we had to request chairs for the room
Overall the beach was the only memorable event in the stay
wouldnt recomend
docbingo

Room Tip: ask for ocean view room at a higher floor close to the lift Further away you will be close to the se...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Nathalie U, General Manager at Presidente InterContinental Cancun Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2014

Ki’imak-k’in Mano H,

I am saddened to read that you have had a disappointing stay at our resort and I do apologize for any inconvenience caused. Please, I would really appreciate if you could contact me directly on nathalie_urban@grupopresidente.com to tell me where the service failed so I can immediately address it with the team, as it is not the level of service that we aspire to give to our guests.

I thank you for your visit and I hope to hear from you in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed April 30, 2014

We had the pleasure to spend 4 days at this hotel and enjoyed every minute due to the tranquility, organizational setup and high level of professionality of the hotel staff.
I especially would like to point out the extraordinary service as well in the main restaurant (in the name of Carlos) and the beach bistro (in the name of Jesus) - seeing there the perfect mix of individualized approach to me and the family combined with profound knowledge (e.g. in the countries wineries).

2  Thank ThomasS540

Ki’imak-k’in ThomasS540,

I am thankful for the time you took to let us know about your family vacation!

You cannot imagine how much it means for everyone working at our resort to hear that you have appreciated their service. To be mentioned by name as Carlos and Jesus were, it is the highest recognition that we can obtain. So on their behalf, I thank you!

As the General Manager, I know how hard they have worked to improve our service and I am glad to read that their acquired wine knowledge came to good use.

Do let me know on nathalie_urban@grupopresidente.com when you plan to visit us again and hopefully we have some new, positive surprises for you and your family!

Reviewed April 26, 2014

We were so pleased with our choice of this hotel for our recent stay in Cancun. We stayed there for a week and had a fantastic time.

The hotel is in a quiet part of the hotel zone North of the busy shops and clubs. There is a very reliable local bus service that stops at the hotel every minute going up and down the zone so its very accessible.

The hotel has a beautiful sandy beach. Probably the most lovely along the zone as many are quite rocky and some are very close to the marinas. The sand is soft and white as snow and really lovely underfoot for the kids. The beach really is immediately by the pool and well serviced for food and drinks. A small company operates some extra services such as jet-ski hire etc.

The hotel is lovely. We were travelling with 2 kids so we booked interconnecting rooms. The rooms are large but this gave us the extra bathroom, tv and relaxation space.

The dining in the hotel is fantastic and very reasonable for a 5*. We arrived very late and the 24 hours room service menu was comprehensive compared to many properties. The cocktails by the pool and beach are also very well priced and great service.

Thanks for a fantastic stay!

Room Tip: If I went back I would get an ocean view room. The view really was spectacular.
2  Thank 4nomadsAU
Nathalie U, General Manager at Presidente InterContinental Cancun Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Ki’imak-k’in 4nomadsAU,

I appreciate you took the time to share your comments about your luxurious, relaxing and peaceful stay! Our hotel is one of the few non all-inclusive that still exists in Cancun and we are happy to offer our guests a place to relax.

I very much liked the way you described our beach – I always try to find the right words to convey the softness of our sand but I guess you truly succeeded by stating “lovely underfoot for kids”. If you allow me, I will steal this line from you!

As the beach has no sea currents, it is a perfect setting for all kind of water sport activities from high adrenalin jet skis, flyboards, jet packs, water skiing, wake board, hobby cats to paddleboards and kayaks. There is also a sailing boat anchored on our shore ready to be rented for a tour on the Caribbean Sea.

I will compliment our Food & Beverage team for meeting your expectations. They work hard to develop our menus so that there should always be something new and exciting for our returning guests.

We thank you for having chosen our resort for your stay and we do look forward to having you back. Please email me on nathalie_urban@grupopresidente.com prior to your arrival.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

The hotel it it's self is magnificent and provides amazing, varied restaurants, big rooms and amazing facilities not forgetting the pristine beach in which you can jetski, fly board, jet-pack and many others. The fl board instructor Antonio is particularly exceptional as he teaches you the basics and can turn you into an expert in a matter of minutes. He is amazing and so is the rest of the hotel! Highly recommend it

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Camilorey96
Nathalie U, Director General at Presidente InterContinental Cancun Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Ki’imak-k’in Camilorey96,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your “Action loaded relaxation”!

I am very happy to know that you had the opportunity to experience our restaurants and our amazing beach with all the water activities that we have available for our guests.

It always makes me proud to read that our staff made a difference and that you specially mentioned Antonio. Thank you for motivating us to keep on improving our service.

When you plan your next visit, please email me on nathalie_urban@grupopresidente.com and I will make sure that my team will look after you and take you to the next level as a fly board professional!

Reviewed April 4, 2014

This hotel sits on a white sand beach in the northern area of the Cancun Hotel Zone. the beach is one of the best you can find anywhere.

It is a little bit away from the wilder parts of Cancun so it is quieter. Sitting on the beach at night was very relaxing.

This hotel is not all-inclusive, However the meal prices were reasonable The breakfast buffet was better than any all-inclusive. If you are tired of hotel food, several small restaurants are just a short stroll away.

Room Tip: Low floors can hear traffic from the main Hotel Zone street
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank UglyHat

Ki’imak-k’in UglyHat,

I really appreciate the time that you have spent to post your comments!

It is a pleasure for me to read that your experience of our resort matches with what we always strive to communicate… That we are one of the few quite hotels still in Cancun, located on an unique beach that is actually hard to compete with. That if you are after a relaxing holiday, soaking up the sun from early morning to the last sunrays, without load music and mass activities, you have found your spot! I am happy to hear that you appreciate our restaurants and specially our breakfast. Our Chef & B, Ruben Sesma and his team are working continuously to improve the experiences at our restaurants and bars.

Please feel free to contact me on nathalie_urban@grupopresidente.com when you decide it is time to have a relaxing time on our superb beach again!

Reviewed April 4, 2014

Excellent excellent place to spend a vacation staff is wonderful rooms are wonderful the beach is clean and away from party scene and breakfast has to be the best ive ever had at any hotel I would def come back here

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rickey l

Ki’imak-k’in Rickey I,

Thank you so much for taking your time to share your experience with us!

It makes me proud to read your comments about our staff! That shows that our continuous training is making a difference and motivates us to continue improving our services. Specially our Chef & B, Ruben Sesma, will be pleased that you appreciated his breakfast.

I am also happy to read when guests have found a place that matches their needs and wants. We are proud of not being part of the “all-inclusive” resorts and we really want to offer a place where guests have the opportunity to relax in this chaotic world.

Please drop me a note on nathalie_urban@grupopresidente.com when you plan your next visit to Cancun!